SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

The Hawks are not a touchdown a quarter below Juice U, this is a lock pick if you like a small wager!!! 
Same as polls this early in the year, too much on previous productions. Playing early in the season this year give us a little extra. They will see some surprises from us.

The bet won't be a concern during the game but the outcome will be till the end of the game.  I did like the score at halftime with Drake, 12-0 in that it seemed like we didn't show too much. The second half had a couple cats get out of the bag. We still have plenty of playbook for the rest of this season. The D will play well.

If we can pull this off on the road, "Heavens to Murgatroyd!".

3 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

First 30 minutes featuring NDSU, last 30 minutes featuring UND in the 90's, middle 30 minutes Roebuck-Ruley hate fest (optional viewing)  

Rocky Hager excuses featured:

• NDSU crushes UND if Beachy doesn't get hurt ('93)  
  • The Nickel should have been on the line ('95 Playoffs)
  • Scholarship reductions from 45 to 36

The reality on scholarships was that only a few universities were funding at the full 45 scholarship level, Moo U among them. Once they reduced the number of scholarships to 36 for everyone the field got much more competitive. 

24 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The reality on scholarships was that only a few universities were funding at the full 45 scholarship level, Moo U among them. Once they reduced the number of scholarships to 36 for everyone the field got much more competitive. 

Did the other Dakotas fund at 45?  I thought the answer was yet but I could be wrong...

25 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Because this is often a hotly debated topic, quick question as a point of clarification. What do you mean by “the field got much more competitive?”

5 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Did the other Dakotas fund at 45?  I thought the answer was yet but I could be wrong...

I thought the numbers were higher than 45/36 but i do remember hearing at the time the Bison had a huge advantage because they were one of the teams funding the scholarship limit and most others couldn't do it. Especially as new teams were coming into D2 they had a hard time funding that many so they collectively voted to reduce the scholarship limit which brought NDSU back down to the level of the other teams. They were still successful but not at the same level as previously. I have no idea if the other Dakota schools were at the same level, but they were relatively competitive at the time. The NCC was a tough conference.

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Hawks are not a touchdown a quarter below Juice U, this is a lock pick if you like a small wager!!! 
Same as polls this early in the year, too much on previous productions. Playing early in the season this year give us a little extra. They will see some surprises from us.

If this is such a lock pick why a small wager? Bet a months salary. You think there is no way NDSU can cover. Like Lance said in his interview, they see looks from teams every week the haven’t shown on film before. This week will be no different. I know they don’t go up against the great Bubba or Schmidt defense, but they may not s#%t their pants when they line up on Saturday in fear and confusion. But we will see. 

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

If this is such a lock pick why a small wager? Bet a months salary. You think there is no way NDSU can cover. Like Lance said in his interview, they see looks from teams every week the haven’t shown on film before. This week will be no different. I know they don’t go up against the great Bubba or Schmidt defense, but they may not s#%t their pants when they line up on Saturday in fear and confusion. But we will see. 

Your mom is asking when you are going to come upstairs.   Dinner is ready early.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MIBT said:

I thought the numbers were higher than 45/36 but i do remember hearing at the time the Bison had a huge advantage because they were one of the teams funding the scholarship limit and most others couldn't do it. Especially as new teams were coming into D2 they had a hard time funding that many so they collectively voted to reduce the scholarship limit which brought NDSU back down to the level of the other teams. They were still successful but not at the same level as previously. I have no idea if the other Dakota schools were at the same level, but they were relatively competitive at the time. The NCC was a tough conference.

It was a big part of NDSU jumping to D1. I believe most if not all of the NCC teams were full funded scholarship wise but the concern was additional teams and conferences were moving to division 2 many of the schools were not funding their football programs anywhere near that level and eventually the have nots would have a number advantage over the haves and continue to cut scholarships to level the playing field.