SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

1 minute ago, Gothmog said:

Who do you suppose is selling those tickets?

And NDSU people are also buying them.  

Maybe people are selling them cause the demand from both fan bases are high and people can make some money.  

Shame on the open market.  Think they will be able to sell them to Bison fans for USD and make money? 

8 minutes ago, homer said:

And NDSU people are also buying them.  

Maybe people are selling them cause the demand from both fan bases are high and people can make some money.  

Shame on the open market.  Think they will be able to sell them to Bison fans for USD and make money? 

Most of the tickets being sold are being sold by Bison fans. Nothing wrong with that, but it does indicate that at least those Bison fans are not that enthusiastic about seeing the game. If every Bison ticket holder held on to his/her tickets there wouldn't be a secondary market.

Most of the tickets being sold are being sold by Bison fans. Nothing wrong with that, but it does indicate that at least those Bison fans are not that enthusiastic about seeing the game. If every Bison ticket holder held on to his/her tickets there wouldn't be a secondary market.

Or, they are enthusiastic about selling to both UND and NDSU fans because they know they can make a really good chunk of money on it. 

There's also a part of this where people have other obligations and just can't make it. Always tickets for resale for games where the box office has none left.

Just now, Gothmog said:

Supply and demand bud. Less tickets on the market equal a higher price, likewise more tickets on the market and even higher demand could also drive high ticket prices. 

Like Kolpack said all it takes is one big moment to reignite the rivalry. The player may not feel it until we get to conference foes but regardless it will be coming soon.

7 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Haha.  They are selling because their is demand from fans that want to see the game and are willing to pay a heavy price for a ticket.   Fans do that for games they actually want to be a part of.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

It would be hard for it to be any other way since most (or nearly all) of the tickets are owned by Bison fans.  I believe UND was allotted 500 tickets or so. It would be a heck of a story if it was UND fans selling Bison fan's season tickets.

16 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Speaking of conclusions, didn't three years or so ago you say that Wentz was......'meh' at QB, as in not that great?  All of this coming from the guy who at times tries to act somewhat impartial and comes to the UND site because has no friends on BV.   But this week he's all about "his boys' (meaning the NDSU team) and puffing his chest out and talking trash.   Thanks again Johnboy for your 365 day interest in North Dakota football. 

I was obviously wrong about Carson's ability to succeed. I was also super confident Brady Quinn was gonna tear up the NFL. Good thing I have no plans on making a living out of analyzing football eh? Awesome for him and NDSU. Free advertising every Sunday in the fall.

I have an interest in North Dakota D1 sports in general. Of course I'll cheer for NDSU and against UND. This week was nearly equal to Christmas in my house as a child. 

Of course NDSU are my boys this week. I might even watch this week for a change. Lmao you can be reasonable and still get hype about a chance to beat on the "bad guys."

16 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The NDSU/SDSU game in Brookings for comparison has the cheapest tickets at $62 for this week 9 game. Must be the NDSU fans driving up the price?

Probably is NDSU folks driving it up. SDSU doesnt have super high ticket demand otherwise outside of maybe USD? I dont use ticket prices as the main indicator of a rivalry game.

17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Fans embarrased of their Queen that made the headlines last week on the sidewalks of the Twin Cities.

I couldnt tell you who the Queen 4/5 years I was in college. I knew one because she was my sister's friend and I recognized her on the jumbotron.

14 minutes ago, homer said:

So you don’t think NDSU fans are buying tickets to get into this game as well?

man you guys are so delusional.  

Nowhere did I say it wasnt a rivalry, or NDSU fans didnt want to go. 

I said using ticket prices as your reason for it being a rivalry doesnt work. 

Average price on the 200+ tickets sold on just one secondary site is over $160. Lowest sold price was for a standing room ticket was $83 before any fees.

A large portion of those are standing room only or reserved seats that are not in season ticket holder areas (higher rows of the end zone sections).

There is another 40 remaining for sale.

For reference, there are around 400 tickets listed for sale for the final two home games for NDSU, so apparently a lot less NDSU fans want to use their tickets to go to those games than this one?

27 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

What photo?

Oh boy. Wasn't a good look.

Some friends have sent me the picture and some outstanding photo shops but I would not post them on social media even though it has popped up on Facebook and it was trending on Twitter for a couple days. She obviously had a bad day and was probably in damage control all week as it something that could definitely cost someone their job. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I was obviously wrong about Carson's ability to succeed. I was also super confident Brady Quinn was gonna tear up the NFL. Good thing I have no plans on making a living out of analyzing football eh? Awesome for him and NDSU. Free advertising every Sunday in the fall.

I have an interest in North Dakota D1 sports in general. Of course I'll cheer for NDSU and against UND. This week was nearly equal to Christmas in my house as a child. 

Of course NDSU are my boys this week. I might even watch this week for a change. Lmao you can be reasonable and still get hype about a chance to beat on the "bad guys."

Probably is NDSU folks driving it up. SDSU doesnt have super high ticket demand otherwise outside of maybe USD? I dont use ticket prices as the main indicator of a rivalry game.

I couldnt tell you who the Queen 4/5 years I was in college. I knew one because she was my sister's friend and I recognized her on the jumbotron.

Nowhere did I say it wasnt a rivalry, or NDSU fans didnt want to go. 

You just don't have it all right upstairs, BOZOville needs you.

33 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Average price on the 200+ tickets sold on just one secondary site is over $160. Lowest sold price was for a standing room ticket was $83 before any fees.

A large portion of those are standing room only or reserved seats that are not in season ticket holder areas (higher rows of the end zone sections).

There is another 40 remaining for sale.

For reference, there are around 400 tickets listed for sale for the final two home games for NDSU, so apparently a lot less NDSU fans want to use their tickets to go to those games than this one?

Talk about apples and oranges. The last two games you refer to are two months from now and around Thanksgiving time. Can you tell me how many Bison fans would be offering their UND tickets for sale if they were on on 11/9 or 11/23, or any other date for that matter?  Of course not, early season games are different. 

7 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

You didn’t hear that from anyone. He had offers from Brown, Cornell, and Colgate along with an offer from Air Force. Acedemics were not an issue.

I got one - thanks for playing! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Talk about apples and oranges.

Let's try this. Most Juice U posters claim it's not a Rivalry game for the team.

Image result for apple the fruit= Team knowing this is a Rivalry

Image result for oranges the fruit= Team thinking this is not a Rivalry

Apples + Oranges =  112th FB game between the teams.

Oranges realize this is a Rivalry when the game is over!

24 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Talk about apples and oranges. The last two games you refer to are two months from now and around Thanksgiving time. Can you tell me how many Bison fans would be offering their UND tickets for sale if they were on on 11/9 or 11/23, or any other date for that matter?  Of course not, early season games are different. 

I said for reference, not comparison. 

And no I can't tell you nor can you tell me. Maybe more, maybe less. But I can without certainty guarantee the average sale price would be around half (because it is). 

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So what’s your understanding of why the ticket prices are going for so much?

1. Is it because it’s a big game against a big time (ranked) opponent? 

2. Is it because it’s a rivalry game and both fan bases are driving a higher demand

3. Or is it because of high demand for tickets from just the opponents fans? Would you be saying our fans care more about our game with NDSU than the other teams you play that are considered your rival?

It has to be because of one of the three reasons, but I guess you can remain in denial.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I said for reference, not comparison. 

And no I can't tell you nor can you tell me. Maybe more, maybe less. But I can without certainty guarantee the average sale price would be around half (because it is). 

Sure, the price is less for those games. But that's primarily because there aren't many UND fans buying Bison tickets for games against other teams. Which was, of course, the point in the first place. There's no way around it. The increased demand for this weekend's game is caused  primarily by 1) UND fans wanting tickets 2) It's the first home game in 9 months for an NDSU team with a lot of new faces and dynamic new players. Bison fans desire to see UND is, at best, a very distance third if it's much of a factor at all.

7 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Sure, the price is less for those games. But that's primarily because there aren't many UND fans buying Bison tickets for games against other teams. Which was, of course, the point in the first place. There's no way around it. The increased demand for this weekend's game is caused  primarily by 1) UND fans wanting tickets 2) It's the first home game in 9 months for an NDSU team with a lot of new faces and dynamic new players. Bison fans desire to see UND is, at best, a very distance third if it's much of a factor at all.

So last years opener had tickets go for the same price?

Your wrong about it being only UND fans looking for tickets.  Lots of past players, not all played against UND are in town for the Jangula golf outing and I know a good amount looking for tickets.  They didn’t do that last season opener.  

52 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So what’s your understanding of why the ticket prices are going for so much?

1. Is it because it’s a big game against a big time (ranked) opponent? 

2. Is it because it’s a rivalry game and both fan bases are driving a higher demand

3. Or is it because of high demand for tickets from just the opponents fans? Would you be saying our fans care more about our game with NDSU than the other teams you play that are considered your rival?

It has to be because of one of the three reasons, but I guess you can remain in denial.

1. It is a big game. Against a local opponent most would consider a rival. 

2. I think having another university so closely with a large number of alums within an hour drives prices up.

3. This goes back to 2, anytime you drop a few thousand more interested parties that wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a product into a pool of customers where supply is limited, that will drive prices up.

---------‐-----

The point I have been driving at, is that ticket prices alone are not indicative of a rivalry game. If UND played U of Manitoba in Manitoba in hockey(let's assume it was a game worth watching), I would venture to guess ticket prices would rise as a result of a demand that outsized supply. That doesnt make it a rivalry game.

NDSU/UND is certainly a rivalry game. Thats not my dispute. I'm 100% exclusively attacking a point that says "wow tickets are more expensive that usual, clearly it's a rivalry game." That statement is far too simplified. 

56 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Isn’t your second point true for the first game of every season ?? :blink:

But yet in this particular years’ home opener, tickets are magically,  coincidentally way more expensive than normal.  

Unless it feels like a home game for UND due to the thousands upon thousands of tickets being sold to UND fans,  your attempt at painting the game as not a big deal to bison fans will not have any merit 

33 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

1. It is a big game. Against a local opponent most would consider a rival. 

2. I think having another university so closely with a large number of alums within an hour drives prices up.

3. This goes back to 2, anytime you drop a few thousand more interested parties that wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a product into a pool of customers where supply is limited, that will drive prices up.

---------‐-----

The point I have been driving at, is that ticket prices alone are not indicative of a rivalry game. If UND played U of Manitoba in Manitoba in hockey(let's assume it was a game worth watching), I would venture to guess ticket prices would rise as a result of a demand that outsized supply. That doesnt make it a rivalry game.

NDSU/UND is certainly a rivalry game. Thats not my dispute. I'm 100% exclusively attacking a point that says "wow tickets are more expensive that usual, clearly it's a rivalry game." That statement is far too simplified. 

No, it really is just that simple. You're just too arrogant to admit it.

• Upvote 2