SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Not sure on Columbia, but here’s a link for his recruiting page.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Trey-Lance-96865/RecruitInterests/

I’m no expert in college rankings, but it would seem to me that if Cornell and Brown offered him, academically it isn’t a stretch that Columbia could have. And certainly would be more than qualified to attend either NDSU or UND.

Lol I was 100% kidding, hence why I dropped the meme. Mainly just trolling that troll as best as I can. Didn't look into it even for a millisecond. 

51 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I was 100% kidding, hence why I dropped the meme. Mainly just trolling that troll as best as I can. Didn't look into it even for a millisecond. 

In other words: Nothing you post should ever be taken as even remotely factual.  Got it.

52 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

In other words: Nothing you post should ever be taken as even remotely factual.  Got it.

Hahaha sure? Because I drop one meme trying to calm down a troll? Do I really need to explain how memes work? :huh: That's ADORABLE!

You do you, boo boo. *Pats SlowHand on head*

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

According to ESPN the cheapest ticket for the UND/NDSU game is $87 which ranks it #4 of all college football games this weekend. It is also the costliest cheap ticket of all the games on the Bison schedule. But many bandwagon fans claim there is no longer a rivalry........

The most expensive ticket in many years, possibly ever, for UGA will be a game against Notre Dame in a couple weeks. Your logic is poor.

Your conclusion is fine. Just your method is legit trash.

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The most expensive ticket in many years, possibly ever, for UGA will be a game against Notre Dame in a couple weeks. Your logic is poor.

It's the Fargo executive business community (i.e. UND alumni) driving up prices.   

21 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Or did you bring a bag of oranges to a discussion about apples?

Beat me to it... UND vs. NDSU is incredibly different in terms of scale than UGA vs. ND, but it's still No. 4... that says the demand is insane.

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Beat me to it... UND vs. NDSU is incredibly different in terms of scale than UGA vs. ND, but it's still No. 4... that says the demand is insane.

There's a house in Fargo that has been for sale with an asking price of about $1M for more than 10 years. The demand must be insane?

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

41 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

It's the Fargo executive business community (i.e. UND alumni) driving up prices.   

If one fanbase is exclusively driving up demand, that would certainly retract from the "rivalry" discussion.

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I sold the 4 of the worst tickets in the dome(won a radio contest) for the EWU game a few years ago for $500. I can buy tickets for this weekend on vivid seats right now for under $100/ticket.

Does that mean NDSU vs. EWU is a rivalry? 

5 hours ago, AJS said:

Starting with the line, listening to interviews (just listened to Tom Miller's on Dom Izzo's show), it's feeling more and more like I'm the crazy one for having any sort of optimism going into this Saturday. I have too many questions right now, but to start off, what was 30 points more impressive about NDSU's Week 1 win than UNDs? 

both teams played cupcakes in week 1—UND led 12-0 at half NDSU led 36-0—comparative scores don’t mean much in my opinion but NDSU could have score 80+ but they typically don’t run up the score on anybody—overall I think NDSU has a very decisive advantage on both sides of the line of scrimmage. UND must compete up front or it will get ugly fast—just don’t think it will happen—NDSU 41 UND 7 or 10

2 minutes ago, Stand4Anthem said:

both teams played cupcakes in week 1—UND led 12-0 at half NDSU led 36-0—comparative scores don’t mean much in my opinion but NDSU could have score 80+ but they typically don’t run up the score on anybody—overall I think NDSU has a very decisive advantage on both sides of the line of scrimmage. UND must compete up front or it will get ugly fast—just don’t think it will happen—NDSU 41 UND 7 or 10

41-10 puts it pretty much right on the gambling lines.

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If one fanbase is exclusively driving up demand, that would certainly retract from the "rivalry" discussion.

I sold the 4 of the worst tickets in the dome(won a radio contest) for the EWU game a few years ago for $500. I can buy tickets for this weekend on vivid seats right now for under $100/ticket.

Either stick with the apples or the oranges, but not both. This is not BOZOville.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

41-10 puts it pretty much right on the gambling lines.

Like it, dislike it, NDSU is/has been on an almost completely different level against FCS teams for quite some time, don’t think UND has the talent currently to make this a very competitive game, nothing is for sure, see what happens on Saturday—my score prediction had nothing to do with the spread

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Speaking of conclusions, didn't three years or so ago you say that Wentz was......'meh' at QB, as in not that great?  All of this coming from the guy who at times tries to act somewhat impartial and comes to the UND site because has no friends on BV.   But this week he's all about "his boys' (meaning the NDSU team) and puffing his chest out and talking trash.   Thanks again Johnboy for your 365 day interest in North Dakota football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The NDSU/SDSU game in Brookings for comparison has the cheapest tickets at $62 for this week 9 game. Must be the NDSU fans driving up the price?

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So you don’t think NDSU fans are buying tickets to get into this game as well?

man you guys are so delusional.  

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

360 Pregame Show.  kind of interesting how they talked to other coaches about how to attack the Bison D.

https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-week-2-vs-ndsu/

I don’t agree with Kelly’s prediction about our O line struggling against the Bison front 4. Our line has shown they can perform against big time D lines as shown in our game last year against Washington. I think we can battle it out on both sides of the ball and make it a game. They also talked about how the Bison  only ran for 100 some yards against our undersized freshman D line in 2015 and just relied on Wentz to pick apart our secondary. Could they have run it more, maybe, but our secondary is vastly improved so they will need to pound the ball to wear UND down and own the time of possession. 

I do agree in his game prediction that the Bison will not blow us out. 

• Upvote 2