SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

I could actually care less what NDSU fans think at this point.  Lets just knock them off, their players would definitely hate us by next year and I'm thinking the rivalry is back on....and nobody could debate.  I've had enough of who thinks its a rivalry and who doesn't at this point, I'd rather just talk about the game itself.

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I could actually care less what NDSU fans think at this point.  Lets just knock them off, their players would definitely hate us by next year and I'm thinking the rivalry is back on....and nobody could debate.  I've had enough of who thinks its a rivalry and who doesn't at this point, I'd rather just talk about the game itself.

Great

Can Zimmer zing one into the end zone on the first drive or are we better off starting slow?

Last time we scored first and then didn't score again till it was the last score of the game.

I think we score points on offense.

I like our matchup in the secondary.  I was impressed with our corners and safety's.  I'm most concerned about our dline.  I anticipate lots of slants and angles.  I think Schmidtty got a good look on how they will block some things up front last week as I believe Butler ran some 3-4.  

Have to force some turnovers to have a chance.

Most importantly.  Play to win and let the chips fall where they may.  Don't play just to keep it close this year.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, homer said:

I think we score points on offense.

I like our matchup in the secondary.  I was impressed with our corners and safety's.  I'm most concerned about our dline.  I anticipate lots of slants and angles.  I think Schmidtty got a good look on how they will block some things up front last week as I believe Butler ran some 3-4.  

Have to force some turnovers to have a chance.

Most importantly.  Play to win and let the chips fall where they may.  Don't play just to keep it close this year.  

Drake had a true freshman QB that still looked like a HS kid and an OL and receivers that weren't very good. I think perhaps any cormer's and safety's would look good. 

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Drake had a true freshman QB that still looked like a HS kid and an OL and receivers that weren't very good. I think perhaps any cormer's and safety's would look good. 

And the same can be said about NDSU versus Butler!!

FYI Drake crushed Butler last season. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And the same can be said about NDSU versus Butler!!

FYI Drake crushed Butler last season. 

I'm not claiming NDSU is good because they beat Butler. Butler is not very good. They could have scored 80 if they wanted to. They threw the ball 14 times not because they couldn't throw it, but because they didn't have to and didn't want to run up the score. They have a little more a history to go by to prove they are good. UND had a bit more trouble with Drake.  UND had 12 points at halftime and poured it on to try to make it look like a dominant effort to try to get some enthusiasm for their program. And apparently it worked. Good for them. A little false hope never hurt anyone. 

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Butler's tallest starting OL was 6'1".  The heaviest was 280 and that guy was 6'0".  wtf

Zimmerman may have 10 seconds to survey the field then I guess. NDSU probably has not seen an offensive line as powerful as UND's in quite some time.  What did UND rush for against Drake? I guessing it must have been at least 300 yards? maybe 400? Especially with a tail back as big as the DL  running behind that powerful OL. 

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Zimmerman may have 10 seconds to survey the field then I guess. NDSU probably has not seen an offensive line as powerful as UND's in quite some time.  What did UND rush for against Drake? I guessing it must have been at least 300 yards? maybe 400? Especially with a tail back as big as the DL  running behind that powerful OL. 

Was there anything in his post about UND having a dominant OL? 

44 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Butler was picked preseason 8th in a !@#!$ conference.  Thanks for proving my point. 

17 minutes ago, homer said:

Butler was picked preseason 8th in a !@#!$ conference.  Thanks for proving my point. 

Again, I didn’t say Butler was any good and I wasn’t saying NDSU looked good against them therefore they will have a great season. You were saying saying you were impressed with UND because of how they looked against Drake, another team that isn’t very good. 

The AG college was considered magically UNBEATABLE for all those years until a goofy defensive player (LOVE Mike Mooney) snatched an interception and ran it back for an improbable touchdown and the tide turned for more than a decade until the bison fled their league for "higher" ground.  Time for UND to stake some claim to that land too!   Maybe not with a win but I think Bubba will put a good scare on them this year.  PERFECT calling card for our entrance into the MoValley next year!   Coming for ya Bizooone:-)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfNDfan said:

The AG college was considered magically UNBEATABLE for all those years until a goofy defensive player (LOVE Mike Mooney) snatched an interception and ran it back for an improbable touchdown and the tide turned for more than a decade until the bison fled their league for "higher" ground.  Time for UND to stake some claim to that land too!   Maybe not with a win but I think Bubba will put a good scare on them this year.  PERFECT calling card for our entrance into the MoValley next year!   Coming for ya Bizooone:-)

Oh, UND will eventually win a game against NDSU. The Bison generally lose a game or two every year. In the 10 or so years they have been on the MVFC, they have probably lost to each school at least once. Luckily for UND , it is often to a bad team. Sometimes a teams just plays badly enough to lose to anybody. It is bound to happen eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Vegas knows something.....:glare:

Wonder if it jumped because of Kett not playing or Holm possibly not playing.

Either way, I'll take UND to cover.  

You would think so, but this is just too many points. I took the points.

Remember the Gopher hockey game a year ago, opened with $100 on UND and with a UND win they paid you $240.  Got in on that a little.

2 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

PLUS most of your fans are girly or wimps who can't take sh*t because they can't swear out loud while living in their parents basements. 

just sayin'!

BOOYAH!

Parents basements? Thats all you got????  :whistling:

2 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

PLUS most of your fans are girly or wimps who can't take sh*t because they can't swear out loud while living in their parents basements. 

just sayin'!

BOOYAH!

Damn, you got me a good one there. Never heard the living in the parents basement one before. I had you pegged as a Trumpster. I guess I was right...

LOTS  of Bizzzoonne fans trolling yet they don't seem to have ANY interest on their home website - bizzzooonnneville.com - in this matchup...HHMMMMMM!!!

I think we're being played by a bunch of unemployed douchebags!  Maybe they can find jobs at Notre Dame....some school in Ireland I think????????????

12 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

LOTS  of Bizzzoonne fans trolling yet they don't seem to have ANY interest on their home website - bizzzooonnneville.com - in this matchup...HHMMMMMM!!!

I think we're being played by a bunch of unemployed douchebags!  Maybe they can find jobs at Notre Dame....some school in Ireland I think????????????

Unemployed??? Wow you must have had to dig deep for that one. :lol: