SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

3 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

Bison fans pee on city sidewalks however that isn’t just in Fargo. Minneapolis was happy when they left town. They live among animals and are starting to act like them.

I saw that...at least have the courtesy to go in an alley or something.

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

It’s comments like this that make me wonder if some people who comment here even watch college football.

They’ve had a much better record against much tougher competition than UND the past few years, so should we ask if UND is really an FCS team?

Make fun of them all you like, but Iowa State is a solid team as of late in the fourth or even third best college football conference in the country. They beat #3 Oklahoma a few years back.

SMH.

So you'll be on board for UND making the playoffs if we go 7-4 or 6-5 because we have the toughest schedule in FCS and all of the losses will be quality losses? Oh and after a quality loss UND should be moving up in the rankings. 

16 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So you'll be on board for UND making the playoffs if we go 7-4 or 6-5 because we have the toughest schedule in FCS and all of the losses will be quality losses? Oh and after a quality loss UND should be moving up in the rankings. 

You’ll definitely get the benefit of the doubt this year from me

18 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Might wanna see how the year plays out. For all we know, UND's schedule could end up trash, or it could be amazing. 

For the record, I dont think any 6-5 team should ever be in. You can do that without ever winning two games in a row. I'd rather give the spot to a team with more wins, even if they arent any good, at least their record isnt hovering around .500 lmao.

4 hours ago, Irish said:

The past 10 years of mediocrity is only the fans fault if you blame them for not being more up in arms about our program.  Many are willing to defend a .500 program.   The fault is squarely on the administration.  Ask yourself this - Would Muss have lasted 6 years at NDSU?  Would Bubba be entering his 6th year there?  Would Rudy have gone on for 5 years?  I think the answers to these questions tells you all you need to know.  Attendance and support issues are directly related to the product on the field.  Many games have been brutally unwatchable - especially with the 5 year reign of mind-numbing play calls from Rudy.  It is certainly time for more support and enthusiasm - but this needs to start on the field.  This week we need to show we belong on the same field as the AC.  Football/ hockey is not an either or situation.  

I wasn't talking about just the fans, but everyone involved with UND. Alumni. Donors. The local media (too much butt-kissing and rationalizing). If more people would demand excellence, the administration would have a fire lit under their collective a$$es and you would see some changes. FB has 80 year old facilities in Memorial Stadium. We still do not have HPC Phase II. Those situations make it very difficult to put a championship-caliber product on the field. MBB and WBB also have tremendous growth potential and are basically being ignored.

I agree with you that this isn't a zero sum game and that it is possible to have more than one great program. I know it's the old question of the chicken or the egg (which comes first), but I think working on both ends of that spectrum would be the best approach. Because what we are doing now isn't going to cut it.

32 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wasn't talking about just the fans, but everyone involved with UND. Alumni. Donors. The local media (too much butt-kissing and rationalizing). I

So, what are you saying? You want the local media to go full Jim Acosta on the football team's coaching staff? 

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Fargo-Moorhead isn’t any better with America Crystal Sugar and the West Fargo landfill book ending the “metro.”

Don’t forget the smell of animal sh*t on the west side of the campus from the animal research farms. 

11 minutes ago, Goon said:

So, what are you saying? You want the local media to go full Jim Acosta on the football team's coaching staff? 

I didn't say that. I just don't like the whole "Everything is fine the way it is" vibe I get in Grand Forks today. Nobody seems to care all that much that we have a bargain basement, shoestring budget Division I athletic department. I see more Bison gear than UND Fighting Hawks (Sioux) gear sometimes and it is nauseating. Either we find the resources to put good or great programs on the field/court or we don't belong in Division I.

7 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I’ve never understood why this topic is such a sore spot on this board. 

They took a P5 team to overtime.

I’m not sure what UND is currently ranked, but you can be certain that if they take NDSU into overtime this Saturday they’ll make a large jump up in the polls, rightfully so if you ask me.

See us vs Fresno vaulting is up from unheard of to almost ranked when we narrowly lost to them. 

19 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Don’t forget the smell of animal sh*t on the west side of the campus from the animal research farms. 

In my years on campus, I dont recall ever catching a whiff of manure. Maybe others with more sensitive noses caught it though. I lived in a cow town for awhile so the smell doesnt bother me.

A west wind definitely brought the smell of the dump on campus though. That was very unpleasant.

13 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

In my years on campus, I dont recall ever catching a whiff of manure. Maybe others with more sensitive noses caught it though. I lived in a cow town for awhile so the smell doesnt bother me.

A west wind definitely brought the smell of the dump on campus though. That was very unpleasant.

Drive on 19th Ave N between the airport and I-29 and take a big sniff....cause that has to be the reason the speed limit is 50 on that little stretch of road. It’s a nice surprise for those headed to the freeway from the dome, the airport or coming into town from the interstate.