SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

Here's the rub - this is our fan site, we should be able to express optimism without having arrogant, antagonistic trollers hovering over every comment. I realize that they've been here for years and their lot in life is to live in a perpetual stage of insecurity. The light at the end of the tunnel is that UND will beat the Cow College (we had our own 12 year run not that long ago) and many will disappear.   

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Here's the rub - this is our fan site, we should be able to express optimism without having arrogant, antagonistic trollers hovering over every comment. I realize that they've been here for years and their lot in life is to live in a perpetual stage of insecurity. The light at the end of the tunnel is that UND will beat the Cow College (we had our own 12 year run not that long ago) and many will disappear.   

I’m not sure why a little back and forth always leads to these types of comments. I can’t speak for others, but I don’t come here because of any insecurities or inferiority complex. 

You honestly don’t find it more fun and entertaining with opinions that don’t follow the party line? I stopped posting on Bisonville years ago, because it isn’t fun to have discussions if everybody agrees and anything other than the company narrative is met with insults. Personal insults.

I’ll be the first here to congratulate your fans if you pull an upset this weekend. After I drink away my sorrows of course.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Describe why NDSU and UND football players on the current team have any reason to think this is a rivalry? Nobody on the current team played in the 2015 game and they were all in diapers the last time this game meant something.

Rivalry doesn’t just mean “big game”.

Definately rivals.  The players probably already feel it no matter what is said.  

Doesn't mean I'm going to go bat s#$t crazy spewing insane nonsense like, "Who knows who will win with a rivalry game?:

Everyone knows UND will win. 

:p

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m not sure why a little back and forth always leads to these types of comments. I can’t speak for others, but I don’t come here because of any insecurities or inferiority complex. 

You honestly don’t find it more fun and entertaining with opinions that don’t follow the party line? I stopped posting on Bisonville years ago, because it isn’t fun to have discussions if everybody agrees and anything other than the company narrative is met with insults. Personal insults.

I’ll be the first here to congratulate your fans if you pull an upset this weekend. After I drink away my sorrows of course.

What do you drink.  I will be happy to buy.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Rocky Hagar hasn’t walked the halls in 25 years, it’s a new era.

If you asked guys even back when I played,  15 years ago, I’d be willing to bet only a few would have known who Rocky Hagar was.

To be clear, from someone who has been on the inside of NDSU football, when we talk tradition and values and respecting the guys that came before you and laid the foundation, those conversations do not revolve around specific players in those eras or specific opponents.

NDSU football minimizes the individual players and elevates the team and the preparation to win.

I can’t remember a single time a coach talked about a specific former player and a specific game in NDSU lore, but we talked about the sacrifice and the tradition all the time.

If I didn’t grow up an NDSU fan, Rocky Hagar would have just been a picture on the wall in the locker room to me.

Rocky did make the rivalry fun, especially when we beat him. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Just go easy on the caffeine; we wouldn’t want you failing any tests.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

That shirt is perfection. 

And nope, most of my friends hit up at most a game or two per year. I don't know that we are exactly the target demo for future season ticket holders. 

And spare me the racism nonsense. That dog ain't gonna hunt. 

Don’t ya know? Everything is racist now... even the white stick figures on walk/don’t walk traffic lights...I am sure a Bison colored Hawk is considered racist.

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I was able to get in touch with him a couple years ago.  Wanted an autographed photo for my dad's mancave.  He took care of all of it.  Dude rules.

Ruled isn't exactly what he did in the end at NDSU, but I met him and he was a decent guy.  

10 hours ago, MIBT said:

There is definitely a rivalry between the schools. Between the players it won't be as intense as it was in the D2 days, but it will get there quickly. The sooner UND can become competitive in the game again the sooner the rivalry will become more intense for the players. That probably isn't this year but with UND likely having more success recruiting since their playing footprint and recruiting footprint are now more aligned.

Having been on many football fields I can tell you the intensity between players does ratchet up for rivalry games. It's not just a fan thing.

UND has a talented football team right now led by a good coaching staff. There is experience returning at many levels, minus Andrew ZImmerman now playing QB for UND. UND certainly is not to the level of NDSU's talent, but I think UND can hang with NDSU. They will be better prepared than they were in 2015. Plus, NDSU does not have nearly as veteran of a team as they did in 2015. 

I foresee a close game. Maybe not a win for UND, but I think they will have a shot at the end. This is a big game! It will get bigger with ongoing annual rematches, sure, but it already has the setup for an awesome game come Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Was Bill Connelly drunk when he voted? Zero reason to rank Lance with the likes of the others on that list. He has played ONE game! My god have some people lost their head........

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Was Bill Connelly drunk when he voted? Zero reason to rank Lance with the likes of the others on that list. He has played ONE game! My god have some people lost their head........

He only gets that vote because of who he plays for and who has played there before him. If he was on any other team, nobody would know his name, even with a nice first game this year. But when you have an FCS team produce to nfl QBs you are going to get a little extra attention.

make no mistake, I don’t say this as a slight to lance, as he will be a very good player, but a heisman candidate? I don’t know about that.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Clickbait for the mouth breathers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

First 30 minutes featuring NDSU, last 30 minutes featuring UND in the 90's, middle 30 minutes Roebuck-Ruley hate fest (optional viewing)  

Rocky Hager excuses featured:

• NDSU crushes UND if Beachy doesn't get hurt ('93)  
  • The Nickel should have been on the line ('95 Playoffs)
  • Scholarship reductions from 45 to 36

• Upvote 2