SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

If this is such a lock pick why a small wager? Bet a months salary. You think there is no way NDSU can cover. Like Lance said in his interview, they see looks from teams every week the haven’t shown on film before. This week will be no different. I know they don’t go up against the great Bubba or Schmidt defense, but they may not s#%t their pants when they line up on Saturday in fear and confusion. But we will see. 

Most people may not be able to risk a months salary. On the other hand one person’s monthly salary may be significantly larger or smaller than yours. No one is going to crap their pants on either side of the line of scrimmage. Neither team is afraid of the other. Butler is no measuring stick to evaluate the Bison. Some may not think Drake was a good measuring stick for UND. UND is playing without their starting QB, starting center, starting CB and the mighty Bison have the next Carson Wentz at QB. You are only giving 31 points against a team the was only 6-5 last year and lost their super star RB’s from last year and want this guy to bet his $25,000 against your monthly salary?  That doesn’t seem such a small wager with all advantages to the mighty Bison playing in the Fargodome.   You must be making a lot more than $25,000 per month to think it would be a fair bet. I’ve made my bet with a co- worker. I offered to give her points and a framed photo of the Bison homecoming queen responding to the Go Bison chant last week in Minneapolis.  I told her I don’t need points. Straight up bet. Have fun go Hawks! 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

Hi Folks, you may not like the prediction for this one, but I tried to walk through some reasons why it will be closer than predicted. Let me know your thoughts, I always welcome feedback.

https://seamoresports.com/2019/09/04/regarding-the-bison/ 

Good analysis. Lance and Cox are the two most talented players on either side of the ball. UND covering the spread if the smart bet IMO.

Enjoyed the read.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

First 30 minutes featuring NDSU, last 30 minutes featuring UND in the 90's, middle 30 minutes Roebuck-Ruley hate fest (optional viewing)  

Rocky Hager excuses featured:

• NDSU crushes UND if Beachy doesn't get hurt ('93)  
  • The Nickel should have been on the line ('95 Playoffs)
  • Scholarship reductions from 45 to 36

I'll never forget Beachy getting hurt.  First game in the Fargodome, he is killing Pitt State with his audibles at the line and then their chance at greatness goes down the drain.

Incredibly intelligent guy.  He is a doctor somewhere.  Not sure if medical red shirt was a thing back then but he went to med school after the year.  

55 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Good analysis. Lance and Cox are the two most talented players on either side of the ball. UND covering the spread if the smart bet IMO.

Enjoyed the read.

Lance will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this week. Bubba didn’t think he was good enough to play for the Fighting Hawks.

21 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Lance will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this week. Bubba didn’t think he was good enough to play for the Fighting Hawks.

He wasn't and isn't.  (there that will keep you going with more worthless crap that wastes board space).

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I thought this was just another game for them and the coach didn 't think it meant anything. Also heard from a friend of a friend that he did not pass UND academic standards and had to settle for Moo U.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I thought this was just another game for them and the coach didn 't think it meant anything. Also heard from a friend of a friend that he did not pass UND academic standards and had to settle for Moo U.

UND had boarder line 0 standards for undergrads though, that’s bad if true.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

UND had boardet line 0 standards for undergrads though, that’s bad if true.

Yeah if you cant get into NDSU/UND....maybe 4-year college isnt for you lmao. It's one thing to not be cut out for a difficult major, it's a whole different thing to not have the grades or scores to get in. 

Lance is a special athlete. Frankly, I’m amazed he ended up at NDSU. After watching the Gophers against SDSU, I think he’s possibly better than anybody on the Gophers roster. We’ll see how the season plays out, but he certainly didn’t look like a freshman. Physically or mentally. *disclaimer, it was against Butler.

Starting with the line, listening to interviews (just listened to Tom Miller's on Dom Izzo's show), it's feeling more and more like I'm the crazy one for having any sort of optimism going into this Saturday. I have too many questions right now, but to start off, what was 30 points more impressive about NDSU's Week 1 win than UNDs? 

54 minutes ago, Goon said:

Some of those people are certifiable. There are actually a few morons from the Hairy Cow fan base that think the Bison are going FBS and will be playing in the FBS playoffs. 

If they expanded it to 8(or more) teams, and set aside a spot for the top G5 team, I wouldn't wee why they couldn't potentially do it.

34 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If they expanded it to 8(or more) teams, and set aside a spot for the top G5 team, I wouldn't wee why they couldn't potentially do it.

Coaches salary slots at the top G5 level, looking at $2M annually minimum.   

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

You didn’t hear that from anyone. He had offers from Brown, Cornell, and Colgate along with an offer from Air Force. Acedemics were not an issue.

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

download.jpg

Not sure on Columbia, but here’s a link for his recruiting page.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Trey-Lance-96865/RecruitInterests/

I’m no expert in college rankings, but it would seem to me that if Cornell and Brown offered him, academically it isn’t a stretch that Columbia could have. And certainly would be more than qualified to attend either NDSU or UND.