SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree with everything you just said.

But that still doesn’t address my question as to why the players would in any way see this as a rivalry game.

It's for bragging rights in the state of North Dakota. 

3 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Why do UND fans cling to the hope that they are considered NDSU's rivals so desperately?

Its very odd.

Because it's not a hope... it's a fact, and NDSU fans are in denial.  Why else isn't there a game thread on Bisonville yet?  There would be for ANY other team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Why do UND fans cling to the hope that they are considered NDSU's rivals so desperately?

Its very odd.

and yet here you are on a UND fan board in the middle of a football discussion and have posted on it how many times?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Because it's not a hope... it's a fact, and NDSU fans are in denial.  Why else isn't there a game thread on Bisonville yet?  There would be for ANY other team.

A game thread usually gets started a day before or the day of the game. 

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

For us old folks its a big rivalry. For the current students not so much but it wont take long to get on board. The current and past players who never experienced it WANT to experience it.

I can say that with 100% confidence after talking to many former players this past weekend down in the cities. Whats funny is I never brought up the game to them. They brought it up to me wanting to know what it was like.

Just by being in the same state and the close proximity lends itself to a continual comparison of whose  better. I witnessed the same thing down in Iowa when the two schools hadnt played each other in football for like 20-30 years.

AH HA, Now that is a reasonable answer. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

the current roster of bison football players don't get to determine if this is a rivalry or not.  just like bison fans don't get to determine that peeing on sidewalks in downtown Minneapolis is a socially acceptable practice.  

Wow thats a big stretch just to get a dig in.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sure we had a great trophy.  Any new one isn't going to be as good.  But that is not a reason to not have a new one.  Virtually every rivalry game in college football has a trophy.  Would be unfortunate if this one didn't have one.  Seriously.  Doesn't really matter what it is.  Doesn't need to be glitzy or prestigious.  Bells, buckets, kegs, jugs, spades; there are trophies out there that have been played for for years that are just basic and simple.  Playing for a trophy that is basically an object, that the players can run too and carry around the field after a big win is what it's all about.  To have a physical representation of the big rivalry win that players and fans can gravitate towards is just one more thing that makes rivalry games great.

Virtually all? Do you want to retract that or????