SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

7 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Wow!  You must be an important fan. Did you take a selfie?  Maybe you could get an autographed print to put up in your man cave. Do you ever get to go on the field at the Fargodome? Have you ever talked to Carson Wentz?  One of my friends saw him in a restaurant once and he said hi to them. 

Just a nice conversation between him and some former players after the TM luncheon.

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed. If Schuster is better then so be it but would really like to keep the shirt on him. I hope Zimmerman gets after it!

Hoping we don't need to use him. Zimm has a career day, get the W and start the march to the playoffs.

And after the game, I find me a nice Brazilian supermodel who has a thing for balding middle aged men with commitment issues.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Agreed. If Schuster is better then so be it but would really like to keep the shirt on him. I hope Zimmerman gets after it!

Shirt can still be retained even if Schuster ends up playing tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, shep said:

Hoping we don't need to use him. Zimm has a career day, get the W and start the march to the playoffs.

And after the game, I find me a nice Brazilian supermodel who has a thing for balding middle aged men with commitment issues.

:lol: well played 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I understand the 4 game rule...if he has to play tomorrow it's unlikely our choice. 

UND closed practice.  I don't think they want to use Schuster.  However I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a pkg or two for him as a trick play.  No film on Schuster.  Just saying.

44 minutes ago, shep said:

Don’t know about a Brazilian supermodel, but there is a certain Bison fan with Uromysititis that lost her public urination pass that will be needing some love and understanding!  As Lloyd would say “you’ll catch your break, just gotta keep your eyes open”, apparently for intoxicated women lacking urinary protocol. Hopefully her “streaming” options are a little different for this game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

UND closed practice.  I don't think they want to use Schuster.  However I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a pkg or two for him as a trick play.  No film on Schuster.  Just saying.

That crossed my mind. I would definitely use him, even for just one spectacular play, if it means we’re put in a position to win. The other possibility is that Freund’s offensive game plan is better executed by Schuster than the other backups. Perhaps 2019 will be known as the Tommy Schuster game :)

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

That crossed my mind. I would definitely use him, even for just one spectacular play, if it means we’re put in a position to win. The other possibility is that Freund’s offensive game plan is better executed by Schuster than the other backups. Perhaps 2019 will be known as the Tommy Schuster game :)

Went back to his hudl tape and man he has what it takes. Great release and throwing the ball in tIght coverage and is able to scramble finding an open man or just running it.

He would have made a great scout team Trey Lance this week with similar skills he has shown. I think we have a sleeper at QB and I don’t care if any other team believes us or not. 

16 hours ago, tnt said:

Didn't Mooney rip the ball out of the Bison players arms?

YUP!  and totally ruined Jason Millers career!   HAHA!   He was a highly touted running back out of Mahnomen signing on to be the "NEXT BEST THING" for the ag college but was never the same after being publicly humiliated by "the strip" and went on to become a mediocre accountant mostly due to the poor quality and lack of marketability  of his ag college degree.   

BTW  - Ask Sam Humann what his ndsu degree got him?   OH WAIT!!!   Sammy "YOU MADE THE RANTS TOO LONG" never made it more than a year at ndsu...so he never got near graduating....oh well...I'm sure he's done well for himself.:-/   Wahhh WAHHHHHH!!!!!

15 hours ago, MIBT said:

As I recall the 12 game win streak the Bison had in the 80s and 90s the teams were competitive many of those years. There wasn't a big talent gap between the teams and the 1993 game wasn't a huge upset. It was just the ending of a curse. The Bison finished 7-3 that year and UND was 8-2 (regular season). This year's teams aren't that close talent wise. That doesn't mean UND couldn't do something and surprise everyone, but I would say it's extremely unlikely. UND fans being optimistic and predicting otherwise is fine and expected of fans of any team and Bison fans talking down to them is also indicative of a rivalry. Whether or not the game is competitive has nothing to do with whether or not it's a rivalry. Alabama-Tennessee is a huge rivalry but Alabama has won 12 in a row by an average of 25 points (most were over 30). Alabama has been ranked 1 or 2 in 8 of those games and Tennessee has only been ranked twice (20th in 2007 the only time Alabama wasn't ranked in the top 8 and 9th in 2016).

Are these schools rivals? Absolutely. Does that mean the game will be close or competitive? Absolutely not.

UND-NDSU is not Alabama-Tennessee ...

It will be close/competitive. 

5 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Schuster is not going to start any games this year intentionally.  Don’t have to worry about “the shirt” on him.

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Wow!  You must be an important fan. Did you take a selfie?  Maybe you could get an autographed print to put up in your man cave. Do you ever get to go on the field at the Fargodome? Have you ever talked to Carson Wentz?  One of my friends saw him in a restaurant once and he said hi to them. 

Can't really understand the mindset of their need to share those thoughts on an opposing fan site but it is only fitting that The Flagship University of the state would have the best trolls. Oh I guess we have to assume their coach also meant that the pharmaceutical dispensary is open for business as usual. 

• Upvote 2

Had another thought on Schuster. Freund is probably betting on Schuster being the QB that will lead UND to a victory over the Bison during his career, whether that be today, or over the course of the next 5 years. May as well get Tommy in the mindset right off the bat that the games against the Bison are going to be the most important of his time at UND. 

• Like 3

• UNDBIZ locked this topic