SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

That Idaho State game will forever be remembered as the "what the hell happened"?

I am dumbfounded we didn't get our football team to Idaho earlier.  We knew the storm was coming and still our team ends up on a bus to Bemidji and touching down in Idaho like 14 hours before game time.

They beat us, it's not an excuse, but a "what if?".  

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That Idaho State game will forever be remembered as the "what the hell happened"?

I am dumbfounded we didn't get our football team to Idaho earlier.  We knew the storm was coming and still our team ends up on a bus to Bemidji and touching down in Idaho like 14 hours before game time.

I firmly believe that these misfires (terrible travel planing) hurt a teams performance.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Totally agree....

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

http://www.nobowls.com/

No Bowls has us playing at UNI in the first round. Obviously a lot will change in a few week, but isn't the first round based on bids? Would UNI outbid UND to host? I have not idea, so looking for some perspective.

The UNI-dome can seat 16,000, so I suspect they could easily out-bid UND.  I was asking a similar question about bidding on p. 62 that has not been answered yet. 

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Reluctant to call SUU a cupcake as some here have.  SUU beat ISU 56-34.  Just hope the recent defensive and special teams strength continues their upturns.

28 minutes ago, Dustin said:

The UNI-dome can seat 16,000, so I suspect they could easily out-bid UND.  I was asking a similar question about bidding on p. 62 that has not been answered yet. 

UNI often has to compete with the Iowa FBS teams for attendance.   With mbb bills, UNI doesn't have that much $ room.

23 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

16k is irrelevant when first round games are never sold out anyway.  Normally some of the worst attended games of the season for most teams. 

What I was really getting at, is that UNI could potentially out-bid UND based on facility size.  I understand capacity numbers don't always reflect actual attendance.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Fair point, I guess we will see. We need to get in first, and then we will see who we match up against. So much rides on Weber in two weeks. Need one more statement win to really break back into the picture.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Fair enough. But have any of you that are critical of the travel decisions RE Idaho St. stopped to think about the logistics of rescheduling the flight? Roughly 100 passengers with team and support staff, most of them students. Yes, student schedules matter. And are there charter planes just lying around the tarmac waiting to be re-scheduled? Don't think so. What about the cost of rescheduling the charter, the additional hotel stay? In a tight budget already, where does that come from? Then there's the decision to bus to Bemidji. Totally on the charter company since they were unwilling to land in GF given the conditions. And they were late to Bemidji. So, what about the storm. Local weather forecasters were arguing over the path and severity right up until it hit. So if the team was somehow able to leave early and nothing hits GF -- you 20/20 hindsight experts would criticize that as well. "The team laid around in Pocatello for 3 days. We were flat." Finally, do any of you really think Chaves and the coaches didn't discuss all options? I get criticized on here for my takes. But this forum is really all about the old saying about opinions. Its always 20/20 hindsight masquerading as expertise. Its the majority of you who have never done anything close to keeping a team together, leading a group in anything that come on and say sh*& about anything and everything as if you know. "That's what this site is for." You tear down everything and everyone in your path, then rip me for doing exactly what you do -- only to posters on the forum. The height of hypocrisy. I've been called old, angry, weak, everything on this board. I'll only admit to old :)  

Idaho State loss was awful.  That said, what team not named NDSU/SDSU/James Madison doesn't have a head scratcher or two per year?  Travel schedule absolutely played a role in that final score.  UND's schedule/results seem to be scrutinized more than most schools that sit in a quality conference with quality programs.  Why is that? 

This team has shown a lot of guts the past two weeks.   Get healthy on the bye, and keep winning!

GO HAWKS!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If UND plays Weber St. tough, but loses, possibly in overtime, could we actually move up in the polls?  (Asking for a friend who lives in Cedar Falls, Iowa)

You know Ben too?

I know polls don’t mean much yet but voters must be in left field at times

UND losses to teams have records of 14 wins and 10 losses, our Team wins have records of 20 wins and 21 losses

mont. state losses to teams have records of 14 wins and 10 losses, their team win records are 13 wins and 27 losses

32 minutes ago, Kab said:

I know polls don’t mean much yet but voters must be in left field at times

UND losses to teams have records of 14 wins and 10 losses, our Team wins have records of 20 wins and 21 losses

mont. state losses to teams have records of 14 wins and 10 losses, their team win records are 13 wins and 27 losses

Unfortunately, they do. 

4 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Fair enough. But have any of you that are critical of the travel decisions RE Idaho St. stopped to think about the logistics of rescheduling the flight? Roughly 100 passengers with team and support staff, most of them students. Yes, student schedules matter. And are there charter planes just lying around the tarmac waiting to be re-scheduled? Don't think so. What about the cost of rescheduling the charter, the additional hotel stay? In a tight budget already, where does that come from? Then there's the decision to bus to Bemidji. Totally on the charter company since they were unwilling to land in GF given the conditions. And they were late to Bemidji. So, what about the storm. Local weather forecasters were arguing over the path and severity right up until it hit. So if the team was somehow able to leave early and nothing hits GF -- you 20/20 hindsight experts would criticize that as well. "The team laid around in Pocatello for 3 days. We were flat." Finally, do any of you really think Chaves and the coaches didn't discuss all options? I get criticized on here for my takes. But this forum is really all about the old saying about opinions. Its always 20/20 hindsight masquerading as expertise. Its the majority of you who have never done anything close to keeping a team together, leading a group in anything that come on and say sh*& about anything and everything as if you know. "That's what this site is for." You tear down everything and everyone in your path, then rip me for doing exactly what you do -- only to posters on the forum. The height of hypocrisy. I've been called old, angry, weak, everything on this board. I'll only admit to old :)  

I've never criticized a take of yours (don't think so at least :lol:).  Everyone has opinions, we don't all agree, that's life.