SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

17 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

It has became very apparent that the players need to not listen to a damn thing what the coaches tell them.  The coaches did everything possible to lose today ....players weren’t having it.  Kudos to the players 

On the other hand, the Cal Davis coach was impressed with the UND coaching. Anyone who believes this was never a coach nor a team player. That attitude should get you benched at the HS or college level and likely cut or traded at the pro level. “Players weren’t having it” is baloney. Players were paying attention to coaches during timeouts and on sideline. If our program were to ever fall to a level where that attitude is tolerated we should drop the program.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I always thought Sioux football stood for dedication, pride, respect...et al. I agree, if we have players not listening to coaches then the program needs to be looked at.

Players doing their own thing will be very apparent on film.  Likely there is nothing to see other than a disgruntled fan/parent in a fan board.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I always thought Sioux football stood for dedication, pride, respect...et al. I agree, if we have players not listening to coaches then the program needs to be looked at.

Players are listening to our coaches. A player getting frustrated is different. I believe he heard his coach loud and clear. I don’t think he liked the three straight handoffs in the 4th quarter either. If he wasn’t listening to the coach he could have changed the plays in the huddle. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Players are listening to our coaches. A player getting frustrated is different. I believe he heard his coach loud and clear. I don’t think he liked the three straight handoffs in the 4th quarter either. If he wasn’t listening to the coach he could have changed the plays in the huddle. 

Per the Herald article - Bubba said one of those hand-offs would have been a pass if Kett reads the play correctly.  So not completely on the coaching staff

After C.J. Siegel returned an interception 58 yards to the 21 after a fourth-down pick, the Hawks went to the run game with 7:15 to go in the fourth quarter.

UND ran twice with James Johannesson and once with Dalton Gee for a total of two yards. That led to a 36-yard missed field goal by Brady Leach with 5:28 to go.

UND coach Bubba Schweigert said one of the plays should have been read as a pass off a run-pass option play.  "We missed one there on a decision to pull," Schweigert said. "We should've pulled the ball and thrown it. We tell (Ketteringham), if he doesn't get a clean look to hand the ball off. We were in field-goal range and Brady can make it from there.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

3-2 right now.  Two wins against Top 25 teams, only losses are to last year's National Championship game participants.  

Not a bad spot to be in.  Always room for improvement!

However I worry that by seasons end that EWU loss could be this years 2015 Idaho St loss.

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

However I worry that by seasons end that EWU loss could be this years 2015 Idaho St loss.

I think the committee would give us some leeway, even if EWU does tank the rest of the year, just because EWU has so much name recognition and the conditions were so bad, and it was earlier in the season.  

Pretty sure the committee looks at rankings at the time the games were played, as well, and it was a loss to a ranked team at the time.

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND has played 4 games against quarterfinal teams from last year.  We beat two of them and lost to the eventual National Champion, and the team the team they beat in Frisco. UND has arguably played 3 of the best QB's in the FCS right now.  So sure the team has looked bad at points this year, but looked at who we have played!!  This team is better than people want to give them credit for.

EWU, UCD, NDSU, and ??

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND has played 4 games against quarterfinal teams from last year.  We beat two of them and lost to the eventual National Champion, and the team the team they beat in Frisco. UND has arguably played 3 of the best QB's in the FCS right now.  So sure the team has looked bad at points this year, but looked at who we have played!!  This team is better than people want to give them credit for.

Here's my question: UND is either a decent team or SHSU and Davis are over rated? Because, I've seen some decent things from the Hawks this season and it gives me hope. 

Now, they need to win this weekend to keep this discussion going. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

NDSU demolished #6 on the road, didn’t watch the game nor have looked at the stats, but I don’t think our showing in the Fargodome was any worse than the 6th ranked team in the country at home against them. 

I'm still not happy about our loss in Fargo but I did watch midway into the 2nd quarter and NDSU absolutely handled them. Wasn't even close.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So 2-4 UC Davis who has 2 wins  is ranked #21 yet a 3-2 UND is not.  Makes perfect sense!! ;)

It’s quite simple.   Whenever someone loses to UND, they must have played an uncharacteristic, very very bad game.   When UND wins, well they clearly got lucky as hell and played way better than they’re normally capable of. 

9 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It’s quite simple.   Whenever someone loses to UND, they must have played an uncharacteristic, very very bad game.   When UND wins, well they clearly got lucky as hell and played way better than they’re normally capable of. 

The polls are a joke but unfortunatly the joke has an impact on playoff teams selected. Being 7-4 and not selected was assinine and a poor reflection on the selection process.Sorry, not gonna get over it.

• Upvote 4