SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The UND student newspaper has given up on the football team.

Not sure whether they're insinuating that UND's playoff chances don't have a prayer, or that an empty church is an apt metaphor for the Alerus Center. Or both.

What kind of sentence is that?  Just embarrassing...

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The UND student newspaper has given up on the football team.

781980173_ScreenShot2019-10-15at10_47_59AM.thumb.png.5931a7b636a9b472b65ca12f83217e13.png

Not sure whether they're insinuating that UND's playoff chances don't have a prayer, or that an empty church is an apt metaphor for the Alerus Center. Or both.

Nice proofreading, funny they didn't use emojis in the sentence. 

Big news coming into this year was zone offensive line blocking along with lighter linemen.

me knowing nothing researched and it said that a characteristic of zone blocking was little pulling of linemen. Seems like we do pull lineman

are we not zone blocking or are we doing a combination? 

17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Big news coming into this year was zone offensive line blocking along with lighter linemen.

me knowing nothing researched and it said that a characteristic of zone blocking was little pulling of linemen. Seems like we do pull lineman

are we not zone blocking or are we doing a combination? 

Combo. Doing both. 

Okay, three games to go.  The playoff committee at the Fargo Forum and Izzo sports at WDAY say we have terrible losses to EWU, and ISU, which makes us terrible and means we are a bubble team at 7-4.  

UNC and Southern Utah are wins at home.  They'll have given up on their seasons and hurt starters won't play, they won't care about knocking off a possible playoff team, and play with zero emotion on the road with like 15 of their fans making the trip.  

This Weber game kind of reminds me of the NAU game last year.  Last road game of the year, gotta find a way to win it.  

7-4 leaves too much to chance.  Let's be 8-3. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Okay, three games to go.  The playoff committee at the Fargo Forum and Izzo sports at WDAY say we have terrible losses to EWU, and ISU, which makes us terrible and means we are a bubble team at 7-4.  

UNC and Southern Utah are wins at home.  They'll have given up on their seasons and hurt starters won't play, they won't care about knocking off a possible playoff team, and play with zero emotion on the road with like 15 of their fans making the trip.  

This Weber game kind of reminds me of the NAU game last year.  Last road game of the year, gotta find a way to win it.  

7-4 leaves too much to chance.  Let's be 8-3. 

7-4 with wins vs SHSU, Davis and the Cats def gets UND in.

.............unless the MVC gets a 5th team in with SIU at 7-5.

Weber State game is season-defining for UND based on how it could turn the season. UND has to play well to have a chance. Blowout loss and I could see UND not recovering. Win for UND, and I see a first round home playoff game and 8-3 season. 

I, unfortunatley, don’t see the UNC and SUU games going as smoothly as some envision. Hopefully both wins, but likely gonna be close. Bubba’s tenure at UND has taught us that - nothing comes easy. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Weber State game is season-defining for UND based on how it could turn the season. UND has to play well to have a chance. Blowout loss and I could see UND not recovering. Win for UND, and I see a first round home playoff game and 8-3 season. 

I, unfortunatley, don’t see the UNC and SUU games going as smoothly as some envision. Hopefully both wins, but likely gonna be close. Bubba’s tenure at UND has taught us that - nothing comes easy. 

Agree, win at Weber and the last 2 home games and UND will host a first round game on the 30th.  

I also agree that even if we win at Weber,  the last 2 games will be anything but easy. This team(and Bubbas teams in general) need to learn to put teams away.  If Gee does not fumble on the 3rd drive and we get up 14-3, we very well could have put MSU away.  We just always seem to find a way to keep it close.

• Upvote 2

Some great commentary today. Lots of good points. 

I can easily see a Weber loss and two close wins at home - then advancing to the playoffs. 

I dont see a possible loss to Weber being a spiral downward. They’ve bounced back from every big loss they’ve had this year. 

8 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Some great commentary today. Lots of good points. 

I can easily see a Weber loss and two close wins at home - then advancing to the playoffs. 

I dont see a possible loss to Weber being a spiral downward. They’ve bounced back from every big loss they’ve had this year. 

A loss to Weber and two home wins vs UNC and SUU puts UND at 7-4. Hopefully they would make playoffs at that mark.  I could see them being a bubble team and either last team in or first team out in that situation, unfortunately.

Best situation would be a Weber State win and a 3-0 regular season finish, obviously.

I think the playoff committee is going to heavily hold the Idaho State blowout loss against UND, as they’ve done before. Idaho State is - once again - not a very good team and they embarrassed Bubba’s UND squad.

ISU most likely will finish 4-8.......the UND loss to them is glaring and was flat out embarrassing. That said UND has 3 decent wins. SHSU will probably be 8-4. Beat Weber and it's a no brainier even if they finish 7-4. 8-3 obviously is ideal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Are we better than Idaho State?

It appears we are on paper. Not on the field. It is a mental issue against them, for some reason, under Bubba.

In 2019, Idaho State is 3-0 at home and 0-5 on the road. UND played them in idaho, of course. Still no excuse to lose 55-20.

Idaho State is coming off a 54-39 loss to lowly 2-7 Southern Utah.