The offense we all witnessed in LA will win some games in the Alerus center in perfect conditions, but will not be worth a damn on the road outside of CA and or any other perfect condition outdoor venue. Sorry, but throwing what amounts to screen passes with the occasional 12 yard crosser is not going to ever win consistently on the road against even mediocre competition(Nicholls). IMO the offense on Saturday was as frustrating as anything Rudy ever put on the field. For 2 qtrs Nichols had NOTHING to worry about on D, we were completely one-dimensional.
1. We need more beef/strength on BOTH lines of scrimmage(much better S&C).
2. We have to have a QB who is a real threat to run.
3. We have to be able to run the ball. The wind was a very real factor on Saturday and we had a poor plan for it at best.
4. We need a 220 lb RB who can run over people as well as make people miss.
5. Have to have WR or two who can stretch the field and are a threat for a deep ball on EVERY play.
I was at the game in person on Saturday and I was as frustrated watching Bubba's crew as any time during his tenure with possible exception of 2nd half vs Richmond. If the Nicholls game is at the Alerus, we win by 20+(Chaves and Athletic Department failed miserably).