Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season


Recommended Posts

Personnel decisions aside, it's time to move on to 2019.  In the UNDFB360 write-up for the NAU game, I found the following to be interesting: 

Quote

We have been told that former UND OLB Ray Haas is back on campus and plans to join the team at Christmas break – that would be huge boost to that position group.

https://undfootball360.com/news/hawks-come-up-short-against-lumberjacks/

Hopefully he's all in.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry in advance, this might be long... I've debated with myself long and hard about posting this, but decided to go ahead. I've always found that being open and transparent is a healthy place for me

I’m Steve Greer’s dad and want to thank you all for your support and criticism.  A fire needs fuel!  We need a fire under UND and it begins with you all.  Had many great times in your awesome town and

Entering the 6th year of Bubba Ball I think a pattern has developed that we all recognize.  Pre-season optimism based on returners and our last couple of recruiting classes - speculation on who will s

Posted Images

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Is 2019 a 12 game season? I thought I read that somewhere but hoping someone can confirm.

I don’t think they are planning to schedule a 12 th game.  They will play the standard 11 games and then have 2 off / bye weeks. We will need it as we play NDSU, Weber, Sam Houston, UC Davis, eastern wash as key matchups 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Major defensive question mark: How will 2 senior starting defensive linemen be replaced with additional question regarding nose guard depth?

Major offensive question mark: WHO IS THE NEW OC AND WHAT IS THE STYLE OF OFFENSE/PLAN?

Major special team question mark: Will K Brady Leach improve and will another kicker be brought in to compete?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Major defensive question mark: How will 2 senior starting defensive linemen be replaced with additional question regarding nose guard depth?

Major offensive question mark: WHO IS THE NEW OC AND WHAT IS THE STYLE OF OFFENSE/PLAN?

Major special team question mark: Will K Brady Leach improve and will another kicker be brought in to compete?

I hope someone else is brought in to compete but it was nice to see him go 3 for 3 on Saturday with the long one at 43. I suppose that was the one bright spot on Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I don’t think they are planning to schedule a 12 th game.  They will play the standard 11 games and then have 2 off / bye weeks. We will need it as we play NDSU, Weber, Sam Houston, UC Davis, eastern wash as key matchups 

I see, that makes sense. Is the schedule posted? I just went to the main website and only the non conference games are posted.

Unless we can get another crappy D1 team to come in to the Al. I would go for that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I hope someone else is brought in to compete but it was nice to see him go 3 for 3 on Saturday with the long one at 43. I suppose that was the one bright spot on Saturday.

Agreed on Leach being the bright spot.

Specials have to be a net positive next season with no blocked punts and 90% FG inside of 45.

Offense has nowhere to go but up overall, replacing Brady and John will be easier because they were used so poorly.  Johannesson needs to become much more durable.  OL could be heads and tails better with off-season development and better coaching.  Hopefully one of the QB's steps forward and gives us above average QB play in every game.  New OC will recognize the fact we do have TE's and they can catch passes.

Defense  need DL depth but has the potential to be really good.  Need Ott back healthy and 25 lbs heavier, Morrison and Seguin with big offseasons.  Hearing Ray Haas is back practicing.  Could be a monster coming off the edge if he is focused.  Combining Haas with Rodgers, Turner and Larson could make for a great set of LB'ers. DB's should also be really good with a great set of returners led by Holm.

 

Overall we need much better off season S&C than we traditionally get.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I see, that makes sense. Is the schedule posted? I just went to the main website and only the non conference games are posted.

Unless we can get another crappy D1 team to come in to the Al. I would go for that. 

31 Drake
Sept. 7 at NDSU
Sept. 14 Sam Houston State
Sept. 21 Open
Sept. 28 at Eastern Washington*
Oct. 5 UC Davis*
Oct. 12 at Idaho State*
Oct. 19 at Cal Poly*
Oct. 26 Montana State*
Nov. 2 Bye
Nov. 9 at Weber State*
Nov. 16 Northern Colorado*
Nov. 23 Southern Utah*
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I see, that makes sense. Is the schedule posted? I just went to the main website and only the non conference games are posted.

Unless we can get another crappy D1 team to come in to the Al. I would go for that. 

South Dakota and NDSU are both playing 12 next year, and I'd hope we'd follow suit.  Can't verify SDSU.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ND1 said:
31 Drake
Sept. 7 at NDSU
Sept. 14 Sam Houston State
Sept. 21 Open
Sept. 28 at Eastern Washington*
Oct. 5 UC Davis*
Oct. 12 at Idaho State*
Oct. 19 at Cal Poly*
Oct. 26 Montana State*
Nov. 2 Bye
Nov. 9 at Weber State*
Nov. 16 Northern Colorado*
Nov. 23 Southern Utah*

How many of those games are wins? I got 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I see, that makes sense. Is the schedule posted? I just went to the main website and only the non conference games are posted.

Unless we can get another crappy D1 team to come in to the Al. I would go for that. 

We do already have six home games for the first time since 2014.  A seventh home game would be nice but so would a payday game.  I'd be fine with adding either.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ND1 said:

Absolute killer schedule

 

25 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Playoffs or a new staff in 2020

That's the bottom line

If those are the only 2 options available I'll go with B...new staff. 

That schedule is a meat grinder. Would have to go 5-1 at home to have a playoff shot if schedule stays at 11 games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the O has all linemen back except Aplin. If they hit the weights this could be a plus group.

WR's include Wanzek and Maag. These two should be two of the top WR's in the conference IF the QB gets the ball to them. Wanzek really impressed me this year. I'd say he was the O player of the year. Still have hopes for Cloyd. Looks the part of a TE!

Will Boltman move past the upper classmen? Does Case have a chance to come in and play as a Frosh?

Johannesson should be a monster. Gordon move back to RB? Otis gonna be player? 

Which RSFrosh will make an impact?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

6-5 next year will be equivalent to 8-3 this year.

6-5 probably is a playoff record next year. I think we can be even better than that mark.  I also think the schedule sets up nicely: 3 games, off, 5 games, off, 3 games, so I wouldn’t try to get a 12th game.  2019 will be a good barometer of where we are at as we head into MVFC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...