SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

8 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I like how he brings up the injuries to key SIU players, but not the injuries that affected UND's No.1 and No. 2 QB, preseason all-american defensive lineman, etc.

Exactly. We need to just win out. Weber is due to drop one.

If that happens then all of a sudden Weber isn't a good team anymore :lol:

• Upvote 1

After watching UNI vs ISU yesterday, the teams after NDSU in the MVFC are overrated.  ISU has no offense and this being the second time I have seen UNI they have athletes but aren’t any better than teams we have seen this year.  Not sure how the committee sorts all this out but it shouldn’t be this team is in the MVFC so they are automatically in. 

Just beat Weber!!

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

The guy moved Montana State up 7 spots after beating 2 win Southern Utah??  Makes UND’s win over MSU look better.  But it sucks as it appears so much emphasis is put on blowing out bad teams. 

We've lived this before, the committee decides, based on the most vocal conference rep on the committee, whether quality losses or quality wins are important. We have the talent to pull off an upset at Weber but even so 7-4 with 3 wins over ranked teams and the toughest pre-season schedule in the FCS should get UND in - being an independent is the wild card but in 2017 the Big Sky Rep wasn't at the table for us anyway. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The guy moved Montana State up 7 spots after beating 2 win Southern Utah??  Makes UND’s win over MSU look better.  But it sucks as it appears so much emphasis is put on blowing out bad teams. 

I'm amazed we stayed in the poll.

13 hours ago, homer said:

After watching UNI vs ISU yesterday, the teams after NDSU in the MVFC are overrated.  ISU has no offense and this being the second time I have seen UNI they have athletes but aren’t any better than teams we have seen this year.  Not sure how the committee sorts all this out but it shouldn’t be this team is in the MVFC so they are automatically in. 

Just beat Weber!!

Maybe with any luck you will get UNI in the first round of the playoffs. It sounds like it should be a cakewalk for the Fighting Hawks.  Also, do you have a prediction for the UND record in the MVFC next year? 7-1, 8-0? Maybe 6-2 worst case? 

38 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Maybe with any luck you will get UNI in the first round of the playoffs. It sounds like it should be a cakewalk for the Fighting Hawks.  Also, do you have a prediction for the UND record in the MVFC next year? 7-1, 8-0? Maybe 6-2 worst case? 

You think the mvfc is that much better than the big sky?  This is literally all he said about UNI "I have seen UNI they have athletes but aren’t any better than teams we have seen this year. "

What does that have to do UND's season next year and why are you so easily offended?  

• Upvote 1

Nd1sufan....am curious to know your prediction on how the bizon will fare in the Big 10. Besides pummeling the Gophers, they would most likely easily smoke Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin etc....would any team give them a game? It would be great to see the hurd move up and then you can move on as well.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Maybe with any luck you will get to eat your own cake.
Image result for cake with football design
There is more to life than Fooootball.
If the Hawks surprise you next year, will you waggle your tail home and stay home?

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

No where did I say it would be a cakewalk but in my opinion it wouldn't be the worst matchup either. 

I'm not sure what your arguing.  Are you saying ISU has a good offense and I should be impressed by UNI? 

4 hours ago, homer said:

Are you saying ISU has a good offense and I should be impressed by UNI? 

Obviously. They are part of the MVFC and by default, top notch.

Unless of course there was a viable comparison that made UND look good. It was amazing how fast UC Davis was crowned a legit top 5 team by the fans and media in Fargo after giving MooU a run for their money to being a bunch of trash just a week or two later after UND beat them. The backtracking was impressive.

For the record: It's somewhere in the middle. Davis will end the year and 6-6 or 5-7 with losses to Cal, NDSU, Montana, UND, Weber and possibly Sac State and/or Montana State. And after looking at that list, if they can just get to 6 wins, they just might have enough quality losses to sneak into the playoffs...

• Upvote 3

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, CMSioux said:

We've lived this before, the committee decides, based on the most vocal conference rep on the committee, whether quality losses or quality wins are important. We have the talent to pull off an upset at Weber but even so 7-4 with 3 wins over ranked teams and the toughest pre-season schedule in the FCS should get UND in - being an independent is the wild card but in 2017 the Big Sky Rep wasn't at the table for us anyway. 

I'm not sure.  If Weber State is a blowout loss and we don't look like we belong on the same field, that would be four lopsided losses (including EWU) in my mind, and we might find ourselves on the outside looking in.  The shine has worn off of the SHSU and UC-Davis wins.  Being independent certainly won't help.  Flip side, win out and top 8 seed and a first-round bye could be a possibility, and a hosting the first-round a probability.   

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I'm not sure.  If Weber State is a blowout loss and we don't look like we belong on the same field, that would be four lopsided losses (including EWU) in my mind, and we might find ourselves on the outside looking in.  The shine has worn off of the SHSU and UC-Davis wins.  Being independent certainly won't help.  Flip side, win out and top 8 seed and a first-round bye could be a possibility, and a hosting the first-round a probability.   

Agreed, win or lose we need to play well on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

He also has MSU at #13 and but then made the comment that "UND needs a good win". Not sure how that doesn't qualify.

Also, per the "Bison Media Zone computations" (whatever those are), UND would be threatening to get a seed if they knock off Weber and would be the last one or two in the field if they lose.

I have this feeling if we don't beat Weber, and end up finishing 7-4, we are going to be left out for teams that are 7-5 with no wins any more impressive than ours, but they've got a quality loss or two on their resume.   (if we play Weber close and lose, that will just be interpreted as boy Weber sucks and they are overrated, so no quality loss for us.) 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

He also has MSU at #13 and but then made the comment that "UND needs a good win". Not sure how that doesn't qualify.

Also, per the "Bison Media Zone computations" (whatever those are), UND would be threatening to get a seed if they knock off Weber and would be the last one or two in the field if they lose.

If we win out we could be up for a seed. Still a lot of football to be played.