SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

If we win out we could be up for a seed. Still a lot of football to be played.

I actually agree with that part or at least a conversation about it, don't think they make the cut though. However I very much disagree that UND would be one of the last one or two in at 7-4, particularly with how high MSU continues to be ranked. I don't think a win or loss to Weber should cause that big of a variance. 

IF UND uses the bye to their advantage - well rested, more prepared, healthier - then it was a good decision not to play a 12th game.  No reason why we can't put together a game plan to beat Weber St. when we've had two weeks to do it.  Build off the last game, which used defense and special teams to set the tone.  If Kett struggles offensively, put Schuster in and see what he can do. No reason to not let him get his four games.  Bubba should still be saying "It's a very important game for our team this year and very important game for our program."

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Another cupcake FCS win in a 12 game schedule will be what is missing if UND doesn't beat Weber.......8 > 7.

A cupcake before the “conference” schedule and leave the Nov 2 bye. There had to be someone out there that was available early on.

4 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Is there a list of teams that had a bye last week?

I hate playing the "what-if" game, but sometimes the mind just wants to know who we could have possibly played for that 12th game. 

For the Top 25, James Madison and Sam Houston St. both had byes last week. https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-rankings-top-25-power-poll-following-week-10-2019

32 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Is there a list of teams that had a bye last week?

I hate playing the "what-if" game, but sometimes the mind just wants to know who we could have possibly played for that 12th game. 

It would only matter if one of those teams also was only playing 11 games this season. Not sure on the breakdown of how many FCS schools played 11 vs. 12 this year to see who else might have been an option.

I was against it before the season and still wish they could have found something for 9/21 but I don't think an extra "easy" win makes a huge difference. The bye last week is going to be huge for the home stretch, a lot of dinged up guys at thin positions that can heal up.

Still convinced UND is in at 7-4 assuming the other loss would be Weber and its respectable.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, homer said:

After watching UNI vs ISU yesterday, the teams after NDSU in the MVFC are overrated.  ISU has no offense and this being the second time I have seen UNI they have athletes but aren’t any better than teams we have seen this year.  Not sure how the committee sorts all this out but it shouldn’t be this team is in the MVFC so they are automatically in. 

Just beat Weber!!

SDSU are overrated? A lot of FB knowledge went into that post.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

He also has MSU at #13 and but then made the comment that "UND needs a good win". Not sure how that doesn't qualify.

Also, per the "Bison Media Zone computations" (whatever those are), UND would be threatening to get a seed if they knock off Weber and would be the last one or two in the field if they lose.

Kolpach and Izzo like pumping UND in the hopes of getting more readers. No team will be seeing a seed with 3 losses. SDSU have losses to a top 20 Gophers and NDSU. We lose in the next three weeks we will not get a seed. 

33 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

Kolpach and Izzo like pumping UND in the hopes of getting more readers. No team will be seeing a seed with 3 losses. SDSU have losses to a top 20 Gophers and NDSU. We lose in the next three weeks we will not get a seed. 

As of right now UNI and Sac St would probably have seeds and they have 3 losses....I'm guessing you guys will have a seed even with 3 losses. I'm not saying we'll get a seed if we win out, but there's a 3 loss seed or two this year. 

2 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

It will be a challenge to win with the young QB in the coming weeks.  Haven’t really beaten anyone but that’s only my opinion, no one ever said it worth anything.  We will see how it plays out.  

Very good front seven in defense though.  

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Can't complain about our ranking after getting steamrolled by ISU.... again....

I don't complain about OUR ranking.  But I do complain about Montana St being 8-10 spots above us.  Their resume isn't head and shoulders above ours, and they have a loss to us.  I think our teams are in a pretty similar place ......

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

If we give Weber a respectable game and then win our last two we will taste the post season. My prediction. 99% sure. 

I think so too.  And even though we supposedly have nobody in the room supporting us because we aren't in a conference, we weren't in a conference last year and we were one of the last four teams out.  Heck I thought if we beat NAU last year we would have barely gotten in, but we looked horrible in that game and horrible the week before that.  We looked like a hot mess of garbage at the end of the year last year, I didn't think we deserved the playoffs last year and was shocked we were one of the last 4 out.  If we end up 7-4 with competitive game against Weber and comfortable wins the last two weeks I think we should be in.  We still have one of the toughest schedules in the country so far.  Let's hope Davis and SHSU keep winning, and maybe ISU can surprise somebody else too, would help a little. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I think so too.  And even though we supposedly have nobody in the room supporting us because we aren't in a conference, we weren't in a conference last year and we were one of the last four teams out.  Heck I thought if we beat NAU last year we would have barely gotten in, but we looked horrible in that game and horrible the week before that.  We looked like a hot mess of garbage at the end of the year last year, I didn't think we deserved the playoffs last year and was shocked we were one of the last 4 out.  If we end up 7-4 with competitive game against Weber and comfortable wins the last two weeks I think we should be in.  We still have one of the toughest schedules in the country so far.  Let's hope Davis and SHSU keep winning, and maybe ISU can surprise somebody else too, would help a little. 

Every team between #15-24 must have at least one bad looking loss. EW is going to keep winning so if we take care of business wrost case scenario is we should only have one bad loss on a 7-4 record (however I go on record that this team has surprised me and could pull out a Weber State victory). Of course last year we were sitting at 5-3 and ended up 6-5 but this isn't last year. 

16 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

Your resume isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Now the Jack's are starting a true freshman QB who you stole from the NSIC.  I'm seeing an early exit from playoffs.  

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Your resume isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Now the Jack's are starting a true freshman QB who you stole from the NSIC.  I'm seeing an early exit from playoffs.  

The Jack's are light year's ahead of the hawkers so if their resume isn't awe inspiring what's your resume like?

• Downvote 1

Just now, Bison Dan said:

The Jack's are light year's ahead of the hawkers so if their resume isn't awe inspiring what's your resume like?

The Jacks have two ‘quality losses’ and zero wins against top 25 teams.   The next two weeks will be important for them to see if they really deserve a top ranking.  So far, they’re the beneficiary of starting the year ranked high in the polls.