SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Exactly. So great prediction by you figuring you used that as the basis of your argument of why he isn’t broken and would have a good season. 

That is not even close to the argument I made. I’ve always said he’s garbage at throwing the football and I said that before he was “broken”.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That is not even close to the argument I made. I’ve always said he’s garbage at throwing the football and I said that before he was “broken”.

Can confirm this, dunno why you think geaux is pro Kett. I say toss the freshman in at this point, he's at least got some fighting spirit and imo the coaches need to be playing the best person, can't think 4 years from now because as this team is going the coaches won't be here to see those senior seasons.

10 minutes ago, Feff said:

Can confirm this, dunno why you think geaux is pro Kett. I say toss the freshman in at this point, he's at least got some fighting spirit and imo the coaches need to be playing the best person, can't think 4 years from now because as this team is going the coaches won't be here to see those senior seasons.

Agreed, and I am hopeful Freund isn't scared to make the changes needed ASAP rather than letting them linger. It's a short season and even one L waiting things out can cost them the season. 

Not to throw water on the fire but I don’t believe there is a quarterback in the system that is good enough to have our program to the level it needs to be to be a playoff team. There are various reasons for that (youth, injuries, insufficient talent).  We need to recruit a more talented quarterback sooner than later. 

11 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Not to throw water on the fire but I don’t believe there is a quarterback in the system that is good enough to have our program to the level it needs to be to be a playoff team. There are various reasons for that (youth, injuries, insufficient talent).  We need to recruit a more talented quarterback sooner than later. 

There are plenty of talented QB’s out there. And we send Gomer Pyle to the kitchen table with his 4 yards and a cloud of dust spiel.  And here we are.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

So let’s see where und is four games in. 

- they have a punter that is averaging an incredible 34 yards/ punt !?!?  One game outside, to date,  with Mother Nature elements and that’s the best he can do!?!  That’s the best they can find for the duty?  

A kicker that has issues kicking. 

Punt “return” team that doesn’t return punts. 

Kickoffs that have never seen the end zone 

Never an opportunity with this ST group to win field position 

Wrs that can’t separate

coaches that are unable too adjust 

d line that are lb or safety size 

o line that is 40-45 #s too light 

an offense that STILL doesn’t know that it has TEs on the team 

rinse and repeat every weak  

So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance?

Let’s Go!!

• Upvote 1

Overall talent is not where it should be for an fcs team. They’re recruiting D2 for a D1 program with an occasional stud.  Just looking through the roster I see, imo,  9 guys that would have potential to crack into another teams two deep chart thats a top 10 team.  

McKinney, fort, jaxon, Caleb, Donnell, Bennett, maag, Siegel and Isaac Moore (as a OLB/ ILB)  would be the 9.   Donnell, Bennett, Siegel and fort could start with most any team.  

2 from the offense and 7 from D .  

recruiting needs a major kick in the ass!  

As well as coaching needs new coaches 

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

still don't get why more people aren't calling for BB to be our starting qb.....EVEN if Ketts is healhty rpo's with him are garbage..

It seems he has the running skill set to run this offense.  Not sure how he throws the ball.  

35 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Overall talent is not where it should be for an fcs team. They’re recruiting D2 for a D1 program with an occasional stud.  Just looking through the roster I see, imo,  9 guys that would have potential to crack into another teams two deep chart thats a top 10 team.  

McKinney, fort, jaxon, Caleb, Donnell, Bennett, maag, Siegel and Isaac Moore (as a OLB/ ILB)  would be the 9.   Donnell, Bennett, Siegel and fort could start with most any team.  

2 from the offense and 7 from D .  

recruiting needs a major kick in the ass!  

As well as coaching needs new coaches 

Could not agree more - In order to run Bubbaball successfully you have to have the horses up front on both sides of the ball.  We don't.  In my opinion this is a combo of recruiting DII level of players and poor development.  I'm trying to picture the off-season meeting on player conditioning where we came up with this gem "hey, how about having all of the O linemen lose weight for the upcoming season?"  Why would Bubba, who is almost pathologically adverse to change allow this one thing in player development to change for this season?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Feff said:

There's a reason BB was moved to WR, having him at QB is not the answer other than gimmick plays. Schuster should get the starting nod. In his limited time he's looked better than anything Kett has put out this season. 

we know bb isn't the answer bc....has he ever started a game?  and if your saying he sucks at qb because those qb guru's out at und says he sucks?....then all i'll say is two words heidel baugh. (worst performance at qb i might have ever seen....ever.)

On 9/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, Longtime fan said:

So let’s see where und is four games in. 

- they have a punter that is averaging an incredible 34 yards/ punt !?!?  One game outside, to date,  with Mother Nature elements and that’s the best he can do!?!  That’s the best they can find for the duty?  

A kicker that has issues kicking. 

Punt “return” team that doesn’t return punts. 

Kickoffs that have never seen the end zone 

Never an opportunity with this ST group to win field position 

Wrs that can’t separate

coaches that are unable too adjust 

d line that are lb or safety size 

o line that is 40-45 #s too light 

an offense that STILL doesn’t know that it has TEs on the team 

rinse and repeat every weak  

I agree with most of what you said except for the bold parts.

As far as making adjustments, they have actually out coached their opponent in the second half in all but one game. That is something I haven't seen the last couple of seasons so I view this coaching staffs adjustments to be one of the few positives for this season.

As far as not knowing how to use TE's. This staff has not had a good TE since Adler and he was a Mussman hold over. They deserve a poor grade for TE recruitment/development but it's hard to utilize something that simply is not good. Offensive line and tight end has been a big swing and a miss for this staff...

1 minute ago, Tangolou said:

I agree with most of what you said except for the bold parts.

As far as making adjustments, they have actually out coached their opponent in the second half in all but one game. That is something I haven't seen the last couple of seasons so I view this coaching staffs adjustments to be one of the few positives for this season.

As far as not knowing how to use TE's. This staff has not had a good TE since Adler and he was a Mussman hold over. They deserve a poor grade for TE recruitment/development but it's hard to utilize something that simply is not good. Offensive line and tight end has been a big swing and a miss for this staff...

If I recall correctly one of the interceptions on Saturday was off of the hands of TE Cloyd. Granted the pass was a bit behind him but still hit him in the hands.