SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

3 hours ago, zonadub said:

Is it just me, or is Bubba too fired up in his interview?  Just can’t contain his excitement, huh?  Seems like his fire has crept into the team this weekend. </sarcasm>

Did you watch the halftime interview with Bubba in the NDSU game?

Cut and paste

9 hours ago, zonadub said:

Is it just me, or is Bubba too fired up in his interview?  Just can’t contain his excitement, huh?  Seems like his fire has crept into the team this weekend. </sarcasm>

Bubba’s energy and charisma blew the toupee right off Faison’s head, thus the decision to go with him over DeBoer.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Could we include area high schools???? There were too many balls that landed at the 40 to 45 yard line....I don’t get it.

It just made it worse watching the D2 kicker who plays at Moorhead drill them out of the end zone in the game before ours......

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

2 home games in November when weather can be dicey.....those could be some real ugly games in terms of tailgating/attendance with the annual  Bubba nosedive having already started. 

It can't be any worse than the UNC game in Mussman's last year.  That was a ghost town.  I think there was about a 100 students at that game (I was one of them, sat next to one of my friends who did his undergrad at UNC). 

I'm hoping we see Schuster from here on out. Ketterinham's confidence has to be shot. As much as this pass loss stings, they still have more than enough time to get on track. Win at home, beat ISU and Poly on the road and they are sitting good. 

• Upvote 2

If Ketteringham  starts over Schuster this weekend, this coaching staff needs to be let go.  I don't care if Schusters shirt will be pulled for the season.  You have to put your best option out there at QB.  And it is obvious that Schuster is that guy.  Kett's play in the first half of the Drake game coupled with one of the worst QB performances I have seen at UND prove that Kett is not the guy that should be under center this weekend or for the rest of the season. 

Was this Bubba's worst game to date as head coach?  Certainly it had to be the worst first half.  It seams that the sentiment of this fan base has finally flipped on him.  Do more people want Bubba gone than want him to stay now?

Kinda hope Tom Miller has a interview with Bubba and asks him some tough questions, Philly style.  

The more I think about it, it's to the point where I would be surprised if they don't give Schuster a shot to see what he can do. We've seen enough to realize that Kett is not the guy. Now, will he play as bad as he played last Saturday again? Unlikely, but you can say he has been below average in 4.5 of his last 5 games. Is the offense as a whole where they were at the end of last year with Rudy, when they basically are throwing their hands up.

It's an easy call, Schuster is the only option that has a chance to inject life into this offense and the fanbase. It comes down to winning, ultimately, but if they start Kett and they lose, where he's average or worse, he has to lose everyone. 

Let's not try to pretend Bubba coaches this program beyond this season. This team won't make the playoffs as is. The MVC is a meat grinder. Bubba has no business coaching in that league. He needs to go. Get a new solid HC hire heading in the MVC and expect to try to rebuild again for a couple years.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If Ketteringham  starts over Schuster this weekend, this coaching staff needs to be let go.  I don't care if Schusters shirt will be pulled for the season.  You have to put your best option out there at QB.  And it is obvious that Schuster is that guy.  Kett's play in the first half of the Drake game coupled with one of the worst QB performances I have seen at UND prove that Kett is not the guy that should be under center this weekend or for the rest of the season. 

No one feels worse than Ketteringham after a game like this.  Has anyone here played in a game with conditions like Saturday?(especially QB) It's pretty miserable.  On top of a wet field and ball, 25 mph winds, we put our QB coming off a buckling/injured knee into action.  I could tell Kett wasn't as mobile and was scared to move too much.  A recipe for disaster.  On top of that, Wanzak lost his confidence throughout the game with each accumulating drop, and Toivenen and Maag had drops, too.  All that said, as I pointed out in the photo of Maag wide open on a Kett pick.....Kett played like crap.  I would also try Schuster this week and if he plays well and we win, consider him the starter.  If it doesn't go well.....kind of have to play it week to week based on Kett's health but could still keep Schuster's redshirt.  Another option, give Kett a few series and if he comes out firing, let it ride.  (kind of a one last chance)  I hope his knee is good enough to not hinder his confidence and/or performance if Kett is the starter.

Other main items not helping - D Line.  Many have pointed out the obvious over and over again, but we are too small, got handled vrs Eastern and NDSU.  I would have been OK with a Junk Yard JUCO that we could barely keep eligible.  Also, could have moved an O-line over.  But we did nothing.

Running Backs - Probably the least amount of pure RB talent that I ever recall going back 25 years.  I've never seen a softer 245 lbs in my life.  Mckinney is not a true RB, and Gee isn't at a level for us to be a top 25 team to put it as nice as I can.  I don't know if paper mache Gordon is ever going to play and where's Teddy.  Teddy is probably the least talented but he puts his nose down and gets yards.  No freshman sightings either.  Pretty sad group.  

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

No one feels worse than Ketteringham after a game like this.  Has anyone here played in a game with conditions like Saturday?(especially QB) It's pretty miserable.  On top of a wet field and ball, 25 mph winds, we put our QB coming off a buckling/injured knee into action.  I could tell Kett wasn't as mobile and was scared to move too much.  A recipe for disaster.  On top of that, Wanzak lost his confidence throughout the game with each accumulating drop, and Toivenen and Maag had drops, too.  All that said, as I pointed out in the photo of Maag wide open on a Kett pick.....Kett played like crap.  I would also try Schuster this week and if he plays well and we win, consider him the starter.  If it doesn't go well.....kind of have to play it week to week based on Kett's health but could still keep Schuster's redshirt.  Another option, give Kett a few series and if he comes out firing, let it ride.  (kind of a one last chance)  I hope his knee is good enough to not hinder his confidence and/or performance if Kett is the starter.

Other main items not helping - D Line.  Many have pointed out the obvious over and over again, but we are too small, got handled vrs Eastern and NDSU.  I would have been OK with a Junk Yard JUCO that we could barely keep eligible.  Also, could have moved an O-line over.  But we did nothing.

Running Backs - Probably the least amount of pure RB talent that I ever recall going back 25 years.  I've never seen a softer 245 lbs in my life.  Mckinney is not a true RB, and Gee isn't at a level for us to be a top 25 team to put it as nice as I can.  I don't know if paper mache Gordon is ever going to play and where's Teddy.  Teddy is probably the least talented but he puts his nose down and gets yards.  No freshman sightings either.  Pretty sad group.  

What's your feelings about Skokna.  He seems to have some hype when he signed.  

5 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

What's your feelings about Skokna.  He seems to have some hype when he signed.  

He looked legit to me on film.  I think that was his Jr year in High School.  Injured as a Sr, might not even be healthy enough to play.  I don't know.

I doubt bubba is going anywhere they will give him a couple years in the valley

whoever thought the line losing weight is good needs to go that will never hold up in the valley

i talked to a father of a senior last year and he told me the players had lost faith in Rudy, I think that hangover is still here

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

He looked legit to me on film.  I think that was his Jr year in High School.  Injured as a Sr, might not even be healthy enough to play.  I don't know.

I just wasn't sure what you meant by no freshman sightings. If you meant none of the freshmen look good, or just that none of them are playing this year.