SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

9 hours ago, RobThomas said:

I have been watching all  of the games and I have a question does anyone know the reason The kid from Beaumont Texas isn't getting touches? He doesn't have many of them but his average is pretty good. I saw him from the sideline he was just a block away from going the distance in all games. He had  two screen passes that he popped for  plus yards then they take him out. he also had 4 kick returns for 84  yards almost taking one back but a kid missed a blocking assignment. To me we have a play maker will he ever be used in that role? He is the speed and he has great feet. But we don't get to see much his touches also aren't in garbage time its in the heat. Just asking or maybe I am the only one that sees it.  

Cam needs touches. Most explosive player hands down. I mentioned him being an all American in fall ball and just recently questioned why he isn’t being used more. Coaching or just not worthy?    I will say coaches.  Also ....does a TE have a reception yet?.. Und must be one of the only football teams in America at any level that doesn’t use TEs. Not impressed with freund calling so far. Better than Rudy ..but being being better than Rudy doesn’t speak volumes. Defense is the reason why und wins games. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Cam needs touches. Most explosive player hands down. I mentioned him being an all American in fall ball and just recently questioned why he isn’t being used more. Coaching or just not worthy?    I will say coaches.  Also ....does a TE have a reception yet? No is the answer.. Und must be one of the only football teams in America at any level that doesn’t use TEs. Not impressed with freund calling so far. Better than Rudy ..but being being better than Rudy rHe is equired a coloring engineer. Defense is the only reason why und wins games. 

Mckinney needs the ball.He is the playmaker.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Word is he's got stone hands. It'd be nice to see us at least try to throw it to him downfield in a game situation though.

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

McKinney has some good family/friends that love to hype him up on here. I do however agree he should probably get more touches but I have to wonder if there is a reason he isn’t? 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

McKinney has some good family/friends that love to hype him up on here. I do however agree he should probably get more touches but I have to wonder if there is a reason he isn’t? 

Sir, l don't know the family nor have met the kid. I'm not trying to debate. Im only stating facts the kid can play he isn't that all. As far as hype no hype. He can be the game changer the difference maker. I'm in the stands watching and listening to others around me say the same thing. Why isn't he playing more. Even the announcers calling the game are saying it. Why aren't they utilizing the kid .That's all I'm saying. 

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Word is he's got stone hands. It'd be nice to see us at least try to throw it to him downfield in a game situation though.

Ok the word is he can't catch now that a real answer. Now if that's the real reason they should maybe give him a few sweeps out side the kid is the fastest guy on the field all the time get him to the edge or in space If you don't trust his hands again if that's the truth he can't catch send him deep up field so they can get the ball to the guys they want to have it. Use him to win. He can be factor with or without the ball. You can't teach Speed. And he has plenty. 

14 hours ago, RobThomas said:

Sitting in the stands watching anyone can see you have something special in the kid. Even the commentators that called the games say he should be more involved. Even if they don't want to give him the ball he could be used as a deep threat to make room underneath for the jets UND big guy pass catchers. McKinney is a legit slot receiver. He could be used on sweeps reverses. The media says we don't have a big play guy their wrong. He is that guy but will he get the chance to be that guy? There has to be another reason he is not being used. Anyone watching him play must see it. The game changes when touches the ball he is electric. 

He isn’t a deep threat because he can’t catch.

1 hour ago, RobThomas said:

Ok the word is he can't catch now that a real answer. Now if that's the real reason they should maybe give him a few sweeps out side the kid is the fastest guy on the field all the time get him to the edge or in space If you don't trust his hands again if that's the truth he can't catch send him deep up field so they can get the ball to the guys they want to have it. Use him to win. He can be factor with or without the ball. You can't teach Speed. And he has plenty. 

It’s the reason he got moved from wr to rb. Anything down field to him is a coin flip at best. Under 15 yards and he’s fine.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:34 PM, shep said:

I'm guessing you're part of the problem too.

PS-I didn't see anything about the quote. They are NOT season defining any more than the Bison game was. It's a true statement. 

But I'm part of the problem with my low expectations too.

UND needs to prepare to win. I have confidence that Bubba and his team are doing that. Moral victories are for losers.

External expectations for UND are horsesh*t but what else is new. Expectations - most importantly the internal expectations - are a major factor in success or lack thereof. This year's UND team needs to prove people wrong. I’m confident they can. The juggernaut in Fargo affects the external expectations, whether naive supporters want to admit it or not. 

Bickering about “the problem supporter” does not amuse me. You’ll have to find someone else if you want to carry on this petty argument. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Izzy played his true freshman season, correct? So he could ultimately play in a couple games this year (when/if healthy) and use his red shirt. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong. Would be nice to keep his speed and depth at WR, especially since we will lose some other guys next year.

Looking ahead at the remaining schedule...

We are 2-1 and where most thought we would be.  At the minimum we need to win 3 of the next 6 games.  The 6 games are @ Eastern Wash, UC Davis, @Cal Poly, Montana State, @Idaho State and @weber state.  Win a minimum of 3 and we are sitting at 5-4 heading into the final 2 weeks at home where we need and should beat Northern Colorado and southern Utah to finish 7-4.  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Izzy played his true freshman season, correct? So he could ultimately play in a couple games this year (when/if healthy) and use his red shirt. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong. Would be nice to keep his speed and depth at WR, especially since we will lose some other guys next year.

I think you're correct, same goes for Evan Holm. It all depends if / when either are available to play, but it will be interesting to see if let's say they are ready to go with five or six games left how the coaching staff and the players themselves decide what to do. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:41 AM, Sioux>Bison said:

Why are we rushing to get Kett back? Wouldn’t we be better off letting Tommy work with the offense for 2 weeks and let Kett heal up better. Kett could easily go down again and we are left again with our backup taking the reins half way through a big game. Give Tommy the chance to start the next couple games and give Kett a rest. 

If only ......... wasted opportunities 

• Upvote 1