SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

20 hours ago, TBR said:

If Schuster gives UND the best chance to win I hope the coaches play him. Trying to save him for four years from now involves too many assumptions such as his being healthy and even still on the team at any projected date in the future.

That could be said about all redshirts - could get hurt, could grad transfer their senior year? If Kett is ready play him, but I'd rather keep Schuster to four games and trade his freshman year for a 5th year senior year. 

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

If the coaches think Schuster gives them the best chance to win, he'll play. Nobody actually thinks Schuster gives them a better chance to win than Ketteringham though, right? 

No I don’t think so. I think what we saw on Saturday should just show that we may actually have a QB for the coming years. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

That could be said about all redshirts - could get hurt, could grad transfer their senior year? If Kett is ready play him, but I'd rather keep Schuster to four games and trade his freshman year for a 5th year senior year. 

If Kett is ready to go, start him.  If not, use Schuster for the next 1-2 games.  I don't mind playing Schuster.  Just hate to have him burn his redshirt because Kett is only at 90%.  I'd take a 90% Kett the rest of the season for 4 more years of Schuster.  He's the real deal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Medically cleared doesn’t mean they are ready to play. No way Kett should have dressed last game.

And......Kett didn't play, they put a true freshman in. And if Tommy went down...they probably would have went to Boltmann. 

Edit:  I forgot about Grover for a minute, probably would have went to Grover/Boltmann if Tommy went down. 

23 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

And......Kett didn't play, they put a true freshman in. And if Tommy went down...they probably would have went to Boltmann. 

Exactly.  So he dressed and coaches “say” he was available.  Doesn’t mean it’s true.  Could’ve been some gamesmanship on the coaches part.  Or maybe Kett really is at a point where he could’ve played?

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Exactly.  So he dressed and coaches “say” he was available.  Doesn’t mean it’s true.  Could’ve been some gamesmanship on the coaches part.  Or maybe Kett really is at a point where he could’ve played?

He just gave SHS something to think about in pre-game.  He wasn't going to play

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Medically cleared doesn’t mean they are ready to play. No way Kett should have dressed last game.

Medically cleared means physically they are cleared to play. Full contact.  If they have been out for awhile they would need to get timing down etc. 

“The next two weeks are not season-defining but are important, nonetheless.  The Eagles are ranked #11 in the country and the following week UND gets #4 UC-Davis at home for Homecoming.“ -UNDFB360

This is a bull$%!# quote. I love the coverage from the guys and agree with them 99% of the time, but this is just failing to set expectations. Yes EWU and UC-Davis are tough, but that’s what you want. To play tough games and pull out the wins. 

UND needs to re-set the standard under Bubba. Whether realized or not,  the expectations are consistently too low for UND football.

Get to the point where knocking off EWU and beating UC-Davis at home is expected. If not expected in year 6 of the Bubba era, then when the hell will it be?

Win the Damn Games 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wouldn’t  it be nice if we could just yell “win” and we would win. 

I expect  the coaches and players are expecting to win. If we don’t win the next few games I would expect our coaches to emphasize, if and when that happened, that the season isn’t over and we could still make the playoffs.

If and when we lost.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we win one of the next two.

Just looking at the next two games, if we split I think we have a good chance to make the playoffs.  We have never beaten EWU but I believe this might be the year.  Their defense is week and our offense can score.  Our defense looked very good last week.  

I don't know anything about Davis except a very good QB.  We will have a better view after they play this weekend.

17 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

“The next two weeks are not season-defining but are important, nonetheless.  The Eagles are ranked #11 in the country and the following week UND gets #4 UC-Davis at home for Homecoming.“ -UNDFB360

This is a bull$%!# quote. I love the coverage from the guys and agree with them 99% of the time, but this is just failing to set expectations. Yes EWU and UC-Davis are tough, but that’s what you want. To play tough games and pull out the wins. 

UND needs to re-set the standard under Bubba. Whether realized or not,  the expectations are consistently too low for UND football.

Get to the point where knocking off EWU and beating UC-Davis at home is expected. If not expected in year 6 of the Bubba era, then when the hell will it be?

Win the Damn Games 

Didn't they pick a win over Davis?

• Upvote 1

I see nothing about this quote that even gives any expectations.  Whether we go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2, there's still a lot of season to be played thus it's not season-defining.  Can't get too high or too low.  They just say it's important, which they are, even if you expect to win them.  I have as high of expectations as anyone, it's time for deep playoff runs, not just to make the playoffs.  Find me whatever combination of coaches/players it takes to achieve this.  Until it happens, I'm still gonna cheer this team on week in and week out.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

I see nothing about this quote that even gives any expectations.  Whether we go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2, there's still a lot of season to be played thus it's not season-defining.  Can't get too high or too low.  They just say it's important, which they are, even if you expect to win them.  I have as high of expectations as anyone, it's time for deep playoff runs, not just to make the playoffs.  Find me whatever combination of coaches/players it takes to achieve this.  Until it happens, I'm still gonna cheer this team on week in and week out.

I'm guessing you're part of the problem too.

PS-I didn't see anything about the quote. They are NOT season defining any more than the Bison game was. It's a true statement. 

But I'm part of the problem with my low expectations too.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, TBR said:

It would be good if EWU has an emotionally charged last minute win over Idaho this weekend so that we become a trap game for them. Playing in Cheney we will need all the help we can get.

I have been watching all  of the games and I have a question does anyone know the reason The kid from Beaumont Texas isn't getting touches? He doesn't have many of them but his average is pretty good. I saw him from the sideline he was just a block away from going the distance in all games. He had  two screen passes that he popped for  plus yards then they take him out. he also had 4 kick returns for 84  yards almost taking one back but a kid missed a blocking assignment. To me we have a play maker will he ever be used in that role? He is the speed and he has great feet. But we don't get to see much his touches also aren't in garbage time its in the heat. Just asking or maybe I am the only one that sees it.  

12 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

I have been watching all  of the games and I have a question does anyone know the reason The kid from Beaumont Texas isn't getting touches? He doesn't have many of them but his average is pretty good. I saw him from the sideline he was just a block away from going the distance in all games. He had  two screen passes that he popped for  plus yards then they take him out. he also had 4 kick returns for 84  yards almost taking one back but a kid missed a blocking assignment. To me we have a play maker will he ever be used in that role? He is the speed and he has great feet. But we don't get to see much his touches also aren't in garbage time its in the heat. Just asking or maybe I am the only one that sees it.  

He should definitely get more touches. Not sure why Danny isn’t using him on the sweep this year, it was so effective last year. 

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

He should definitely get more touches. Not sure why Danny isn’t using him on the sweep this year, it was so effective last year. 

Sitting in the stands watching anyone can see you have something special in the kid. Even the commentators that called the games say he should be more involved. Even if they don't want to give him the ball he could be used as a deep threat to make room underneath for the jets UND big guy pass catchers. McKinney is a legit slot receiver. He could be used on sweeps reverses. The media says we don't have a big play guy their wrong. He is that guy but will he get the chance to be that guy? There has to be another reason he is not being used. Anyone watching him play must see it. The game changes when touches the ball he is electric.