SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

3 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Espn3 is streaming. Literally. Nothing midco can do about it. Everyone else has to watch it streaming in some way.

I disagree.
The TiVo should have the WatchESPN app on it (like it has Hulu and Vudu and Amazon Prime). 

Midco has influence over TiVo (but admittedly not much over ESPN). 

25 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't have  problem with a local journalist not seeming to side with the home team.  He doesn't work for the University, so his professional obligation is to do his homework and report honestly.  That doesn't make him a good journalist, but it suggests he's not an unethical one.

He certainly has the right to pick whoever he wants. It's just interesting that most analyst (CHN) have picked UND to win the regional but Schloss likes to go a different direction. Would love for the boys to prove him wrong.

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Curious......what is the current NCAA protocol for testing? 

I read somewhere the team came down Tuesday, dropped off gear, got tested and went to the hotel ... to come back and get tested Wednesday, to go back to the hotel. 

If you came back "green and green" you got to practice on the ice Thursday (today). 

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I disagree.
The TiVo should have the WatchESPN app on it (like it has Hulu and Vudu and Amazon Prime). 

Not all platforms have all apps. It's the way it is. There are plenty other ones that do. I don't think midco owns tivo so not sure how they have much control. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I read somewhere the team came down Tuesday, dropped off gear, got tested and went to the hotel ... to come back and get tested Wednesday, to go back to the hotel. 

If you came back "green and green" you got to practice on the ice Thursday (today). 

When is the next testing day, then if there is one, before this regional ends? And if there is another day of testing and if it's today or tomorrow or Saturday.......why? 

2 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

If you are a Midco internet subscriber (even if it's internet-only, like me) they provide ESPN3 as well. You have to authenticate as a Midco subscriber, though.

We have a "FIre Stick" attached to our tv.  Because we are Midco cable, internet and phone subscribers, we have access to the ESPN3 on the tv.

Once we clicked on the ESPN logo (through the Fire Stick), we were given choices and clicked on ESPN+3.  We then down loaded the app for it (took a couple of minutes for it to do so).  Then we had to indicate which provider we had.  Once we scrolled down to Midco, we clicked on it and it told us that we were "OK" and would be able to watch the game on Friday night.

It was done fairly easy, and I was glad it was also "FREE" to us because of our Midco subscriptions.  I hope any of you that have Midco, and something like Fire Stick, can get access to ESPN3 like we did.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, crb1 said:

He certainly has the right to pick whoever he wants. It's just interesting that most analyst (CHN) have picked UND to win the regional but Schloss likes to go a different direction. Would love for the boys to prove him wrong.

Anything can happen. It wouldn’t surprise me to see one of three teams advance from Fargo to the F4. While I think UND is the best team of those three, in a one game format puck luck can sometimes change a game. 

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Anything can happen. It wouldn’t surprise me to see one of three teams advance from Fargo to the F4. While I think UND is the best team of those three, in a one game format puck luck can sometimes change a game. 

I'd be a fan of regionals and super regionals for college hockey.  They fly baseball teams all over the country for two sets of regionals, no reason they couldn't do it for hockey.  Best of three regional round, best of three super regional round all at higher seed home venue, reseed after the regional round.  Keep the frozen four the same.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I disagree.

Midco has about the same amount of influence over TiVo as they do ESPN (possibly even less, but either way, right around zero).
And ESPN has not made a TiVo compatible app.

That being said, most smart TV's or a majority of the aforementioned devices do have the ESPN app so it isn't too extra work.
No argument that ESPN should broadcast a few more games, especially with all the channels they have. Live sports are still live sports even if it isn't going to move the need nationally.

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

As would I.  If he's doing that just to get attention, it's a trash move.

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Midco has about the same amount of influence over TiVo as they do ESPN (possibly even less, but either way, right around zero).
And ESPN has not made a TiVo compatible app.

That being said, most smart TV's or a majority of the aforementioned devices do have the ESPN app so it isn't too extra work.
No argument that ESPN should broadcast a few more games, especially with all the channels they have. Live sports are still live sports even if it isn't going to move the need nationally.

Haven't checked the schedule yet but by any chance is their a lacrosse game being broadcast prior to the UND-AIC matchup?:glare:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Not good when your teams biggest homer schoolssman picks against us

Schlossman never picks UND. The coin has picked us to win more than Schloss. I would never call Schloss a homer when it comes to picking or reporting. 

Go back to counting your money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Schlossman never picks UND. The coin has picked us to win more than Schloss. I would never call Schloss a homer when it comes to picking or reporting. 

Go back to counting your money.

I was reading through the comments to see if someone eventually said it.  You hit everything right on the head @siouxfan512