SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

Bemidji State    vs. Wisconsin        1:00 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, Conn.
Minnesota-Duluth    vs. Michigan        3:00 CT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Scheels Arena, Fargo, N.D.
Lake Superior    vs. Massachusetts        6:30 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, Conn.
American Int'l    vs. North Dakota        8:30 CT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Scheels Arena, Fargo, N.D.

My math says if you put all those in CT you get ...

Noon, 3:00, 5:30, and 8:30 

Assuming standard two hour thirty minute games there's little overlap. 

Might as well put the Saturday schedule here too (courtesy CHN.com):

Notre Dame    vs. Boston College        1:00 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Times Union Center, Albany, N.Y.
TBD    vs. TBD        3:00 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Final – Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, Conn.
Quinnipiac    vs. Minnesota State        3:00 MT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colo.
TBD    vs. TBD        4:30 CT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Final – Scheels Arena, Fargo, N.D.
Boston University    vs. St. Cloud State        6:30 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Times Union Center, Albany, N.Y.
Nebraska-Omaha    vs. Minnesota        8:00 MT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colo.

In CT that's ...

Noon, 2:00, 4:00, 4:30, 5:30, and 9:00 

... and that's a blooming mess ... 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Might as well put the Saturday schedule here too (courtesy CHN.com):

Notre Dame    vs. Boston College        1:00 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Times Union Center, Albany, N.Y.
TBD    vs. TBD        3:00 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Final – Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, Conn.
Quinnipiac    vs. Minnesota State        3:00 MT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colo.
TBD    vs. TBD        4:30 CT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Final – Scheels Arena, Fargo, N.D.
Boston University    vs. St. Cloud State        6:30 ET  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Times Union Center, Albany, N.Y.
Nebraska-Omaha    vs. Minnesota        8:00 MT  Compare TV NCAA Regional Semifinal – Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colo.

In CT that's ...

Noon, 2:00, 4:00, 4:30, 5:30, and 9:00 

... and that's a blooming mess ... 

Midwest Regional Final is at 6:30CT, not 4:30

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

ESPNU is the problem. I have a decent Comcast package with a sports pack add on and I still do not get that channel. If we play Saturday I will either do a Youtube TV or Sling TV trial and hook up the Roku to the main TV. I don't have a problem doing this but I am not an average fan and it would be good for the game to make it easy to watch games like this. 

Right!  Comcast sports package for me does not include ESPNU anymore...moved it up to the next tier package a few years ago.  I mean why would you want to have a college sports station in the sports package?

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

If you watched the selection show, Starman was all about players, stats, who had good special teams etc.  Bucci was all about "it's going to be a great jersey game" between LSSU and  UMass.  I mean he literally adds nothing.  Melrose knows hockey but he sounds like spends about 10 minutes before the game reading over the players names and then just slaughters them during the action.  College hockey needs more guys like Starman and Ben Holden.  End of rant.

You can tell Bucci doesn't watch games outside of the B1G, Hockey East (BC,BU, UMass, Providence, UConn), and Quinnipiac.

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, but it  isn’t just this year...it’s every year.  I liked it better when the games were carried by local Fox Sports affiliates...at least you had announcers who knew the teams.  
I’m not sure why ESPN carries these games; just to bury them on channels that a lot of people don’t have. (ESPNU, ESPN News)

Disney owns the rights to all the ncaa events outside of the football bowls. 

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, but it  isn’t just this year...it’s every year.  I liked it better when the games were carried by local Fox Sports affiliates...at least you had announcers who knew the teams.  
I’m not sure why ESPN carries these games; just to bury them on channels that a lot of people don’t have. (ESPNU, ESPN News)

At least ESPN uses their other channels unlike the BTN, where they use only one of their 5 channels.

57 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm not speaking about the ins and outs of the game as it's clear that Bucci isn't that guy, I'm talking exposure. Dude brings up college hockey on Twitter all the time and poo poo it all you want, that is incredibly helpful.

Night clubs know to keep the hype men away from the other side of the bar. ESPN needs to figure that out and leave him in the studio. That could be an upside to their recent NHL contract, having better PxP guys in house.

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm not speaking about the ins and outs of the game as it's clear that Bucci isn't that guy, I'm talking exposure. Dude brings up college hockey on Twitter all the time and poo poo it all you want, that is incredibly helpful.

I'm not discounting that he promotes college hockey...I just think it's not advantageous, in the long run, to have a clown as your spokesperson.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'm not discounting that he promotes college hockey...I just think it's not advantageous, in the long run, to have a clown as your spokesperson.

Maybe not in the long run, but eyes are more important than anything. Bucci brings eyes to college hockey.

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, Wilbur said:

I remember this being brought up after it happened.

From that angle you can't 100 percent reverse a call made on the ice that it was offsides.  I mean a camera 200 feet away through a net?

UND would have got another shot at that really good Duluth team.  What could have been....

After the way the previous UMD game went, I was so excited for the roar of booing that was going to rain down on them when they hit the ice.

Instead, the green just flowed into the parking lot silently...

Still surprised a local outlet (i.e. Midco) hasn't been given the rights to broadcast a game only available on ESPN3.  Maybe accessing ESPN3 isn't as big of a problem as it used to be, but in the old days, WDAZ or FSN North would get rights when UND was in this situation.

• Upvote 1

So last time the regional was at Scheels the ice was terrible. It was one of the main reasons AIC was able to win against a much faster team in St. Cloud. I am expecting it to be terrible again. The Fargo Force had a game on Saturday night March 20th. Best case scenario the NCAA came in and took out the ice on Sunday but more likely on Monday. Put down their logos and then put down new ice. That gives it most likely three days to firm up. Typically not enough time for good Ice. Plus we play the second game which makes it even worse. So we can hope that we can score the first goal so AIC can't slow it down on crappy ice. 

Only ice worse than NCAA regionals was when they had the Frozen Four at Ford Field (Indoors football field) in Detroit. 

13 minutes ago, Stack said:

So last time the regional was at Scheels the ice was terrible. It was one of the main reasons AIC was able to win against a much faster team in St. Cloud. I am expecting it to be terrible again. The Fargo Force had a game on Saturday night March 20th. Best case scenario the NCAA came in and took out the ice on Sunday but more likely on Monday. Put down their logos and then put down new ice. That gives it most likely three days to firm up. Typically not enough time for good Ice. Plus we play the second game which makes it even worse. So we can hope that we can score the first goal so AIC can't slow it down on crappy ice. 

Only ice worse than NCAA regionals was when they had the Frozen Four at Ford Field (Indoors football field) in Detroit. 

The ice was put in prior to those recent Fargo Force games.