SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Gaber’s mom said on Facebook that the team is getting tested now 

Seriously? They were just tested less than 48 hours ago.

The NCAA just needs to shut the whole tournament down now. Obviously hell bent on ruining it anyways. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Should have brought all teams into one bubble a week early.

Could have......but the point is the NCAA is testing  just to test over and over on asymptomatic individuals. Where else is that occurring in society?

12 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Hopefully in an autoclave.

No doubt. This is getting ridiculous. All the guys were tested prior to coming, and I get that they will be tested again., but if it's just 1 player that's positive, and the rest are negative....WTF. Better not be a false positive...as I hope they test more than once if so.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Could have......but the point is the NCAA is testing  just to test over and over on asymptomatic individuals. Where else is that occurring in society?

Have you been under some sort of rock since sports have restarted? It's literally the only way you could actualy feign outrage about this. Sports across the coutnry at college and professionally level have been continously tested in the same manner the whole season.

Agree with it or not, it isn't some new thing that was implemented out of the blue.

• Upvote 2

While this royally sucks, here's the deal.  You have to win anyway.  You take a penalty on a terrible call, you have to overcome it.  Sykes gets hurt in the title game, Smail scores four goals.  Half the team had the flu for the regional final, they beat Q anyway.  You must overcome anything and everything. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jk said:

While this royally sucks, here's the deal.  You have to win anyway.  You take a penalty on a terrible call, you have to overcome it.  Sykes gets hurt in the title game, Smail scores four goals.  Half the team had the flu for the regional final, they beat Q anyway.  You must overcome anything and everything. 

Sykes?  I thought it was Mark Taylor.

6 minutes ago, neoflex said:

No doubt. This is getting ridiculous. All the guys were tested prior to coming, and I get that they will be tested again., but if it's just 1 player that's positive, and the rest are negative....WTF. Better not be a false positive...as I hope they test more than once if so.

There were rumors of positive test(s) in Fargo yesterday. So at the very least I hope they retested the positives today to validate the initial result. 

With that said, if they knew of positives yesterday then they could have notified the coaches to be prepared to play the early game today.   

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Have you been under some sort of rock since sports have restarted? It's literally the only way you could actualy feign outrage about this. Sports across the coutnry at college and professionally level have been continously tested in the same manner the whole season.

Agree with it or not, it isn't some new thing that was implemented out of the blue.

Again.....from what I know Michigan was tested 3 times in 72 hours. Now that you're out from under Armacot's desk you can spin how that make sense on any level.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Sodbuster said:

And if memory serves he broke his leg.

I thought he went into the net, shoulder first and broke his collarbone...back when those nets were anchored in with a damn titanium post or something.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Blackheart said:

I thought he went into the net, shoulder first and broke his collarbone...back when those nets were anchored in with a damn titanium post or something.

You're probably right.....us old folks (me) shouldn't rely on our memory.

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Let's be honest, Michigan was the more worrisome opponent. We'll give our 4th line plenty of ice tonight and be ready to roll tomorrow after a convincing win.

Disagree. Michigan is most talented team in the tournament but I would rather play a team who rarely backchecks and just as important hasn't played against many teams that do. They have forwards who have two phases to their game 1. On Offense 2. Waiting to be on Offense

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Maybe AIC will have a positive test and we'll get a bye too? That would even things up with Duluth.

Ya.....cause that's what everyone who took time off from work, traveled and paid for tickets to go today's games is hoping for.

• Like 1