SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

13 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Honestly the 2017 version was electric too, after the check through the glass the game got turned on its head. When Wolanin scored to tie it the place was bonkers then when Dixon scored in double OT I can't believe the roof didn't collapse.  The only problem with it was the refs deciding it was offsides using the same camera that the bigfoot video was captured with from the other side of the ice!

Watching that one on TV you definitely could see that energy after that glass broke.  Just a big what if.....

Only thing that would have made the 2015 regional better was if Tech beat St. Cloud in that first game so I could hear that Tech band play one more time.  The mosh pit that was the student section was fun both nights. 

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Nice that I know the Grounds family. Aaron plays for AIC and coached him when he was here in Jamestown. Just got 2 tics from his dad for the regional. 80 bucks for 3 games. Priceless 

That's about the only way I see anyone getting tickets given they're only allowing 1000 into Scheels (5000 cap). 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's about the only way I see anyone getting tickets given they're only allowing 1000 into Scheels (5000 cap). 

Season ticket holder for 20+ years. First time I have not seen any tickets for sale on secondary markets for any UND game has played in. 

• Upvote 1

1000 tickets. 
Allotments to four teams. 

UND's were gone as soon as they arrived. 
Duluth fans should eat theirs up. That's 250 gone. 
AIC fans showed up before; figure half theirs? More? 
Michigan fans? < shrug > No idea. Parents? Say fifty? 

I'd guess at most 300 stubs would come available after "school returns" and UND will find a home for those in no time flat. 

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1000 tickets. 

I'd guess at most 300 stubs would come available after "school returns" and UND will find a home for those in no time flat. 

Is the total allotment of ticketed fans to be admitted still at 1500 per game? 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I heard just 1000 fans per game at Scheel for the West Regional. 

I heard 1500. Scheels website said 25% capacity for regional so that would be roughly 1250 based on 5000 capacity? Like everything else over the past year just making s**t up as we go along.

Addendum....just saw link in above post. Kind of clarifies things.

Bottom line: 

1000, 1250, 1500 ... pick your number, they'll be eaten up by the four schools* and Scheels arena (don't kid yourself, they get an allotment) and the primary and secondary markets are pretty much out of luck. 

*Imagine being in MA or MI the last year. They've had no events. At least I got to a couple regular season and NCHC playoff games. Those folks are starving for any hint of normalcy. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1000 tickets. 

i have on very good authority that all the teams have used their alloted tix exept for michigan.   they should know about michigan sometime today or thurs

41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Season ticket holder for 20+ years. First time I have not seen any tickets for sale on secondary markets for any UND game has played in. 

I was one of the few lucky ones that was able to get tickets on Ticketmaster after the pre-sale.  All tickets are will call, which might explain some of the lack of a secondary market.

In 2017 I contacted BU as an "alum" and was able to purchase from their allotment.  Sketchy - Maybe.  Regretful - Not even close.  I was sitting with families of BU players, which was fantastic, they were a great bunch.  Could be worth a desperation shot to contact Michigan.   

2 minutes ago, UNDPUCKS said:

Schlossman posted that UND has no choice as to the first or second game, but UND is THE ONLY regional #1 seed that plays in the second game. The other 3 all play the first game per the NCAA site. That seems strange to me and perhaps unfair. 

Minnesota plays the late game too

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

How about "hiding" the UND game on ESPN3?  What a great farce ESPN is to any hockey, as far as I'm concerned!

AIC isn't exactly what I'd call a big-time draw for ESPN. Do I like it? Absolutely not. Do I get it? I do. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

AIC isn't exactly what I'd call a big-time draw for ESPN. Do I like it? Absolutely not. Do I get it? I do. 

Yeah, but it  isn’t just this year...it’s every year.  I liked it better when the games were carried by local Fox Sports affiliates...at least you had announcers who knew the teams.  
I’m not sure why ESPN carries these games; just to bury them on channels that a lot of people don’t have. (ESPNU, ESPN News)

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, but it  isn’t just this year...it’s every year.  I liked it better when the games were carried by local Fox Sports affiliates...at least you had announcers who knew the teams.  
I’m not sure why ESPN carries these games; just to bury them on channels that a lot of people don’t have. (ESPNU, ESPN News)

I guess I'm not sure, but do more people have the local Fox Sports or ESPN channels? Speaking of the current kerfuffle with FSN and the Wild, Wolves, Twins, my guess is more people have ESPN.

On the plus, with ESPN getting the NHL back, I'd think we'll have better talent on the air moving forward. LOVE that Starman is color man for our regional. 

Everyone hates on Bucci and I get it, he's a clown, but that dude is a big time advocate for college hockey and we need that at ESPN to keep growing our game.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess I'm not sure, but do more people have the local Fox Sports or ESPN channels? Speaking of the current kerfuffle with FSN and the Wild, Wolves, Twins, my guess is more people have ESPN.

On the plus, with ESPN getting the NHL back, I'd think we'll have better talent on the air moving forward. LOVE that Starman is color man for our regional. 

Everyone hates on Bucci and I get it, he's a clown, but that dude is a big time advocate for college hockey and we need that at ESPN to keep growing our game.

ESPNU is the problem. I have a decent Comcast package with a sports pack add on and I still do not get that channel. If we play Saturday I will either do a Youtube TV or Sling TV trial and hook up the Roku to the main TV. I don't have a problem doing this but I am not an average fan and it would be good for the game to make it easy to watch games like this. 

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

ESPNU is the problem. I have a decent Comcast package with a sports pack add on and I still do not get that channel. If we play Saturday I will either do a Youtube TV or Sling TV trial and hook up the Roku to the main TV. I don't have a problem doing this but I am not an average fan and it would be good for the game to make it easy to watch games like this. 

I don't disagree as I think ESPN can and should do better. Sorry that's happening to you, man. Sucks. Still in general, I think ESPN is better for growth of college hockey.