SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

To your point, we have Xfinity and my wife (who’s the brains in this operation) found ESPN 3 on the channel guide and it comes on. If you can use streaming services through your provider, and you have ESPN, you might be able to get ESPN 3 on your television. 

Edit: ESPN 3 won’t show up on your channel guide; you have to specifically search for ESPN channels to locate ESPN 3. 

WatchESPN (which is all of ESPN's various streaming prongs), which is what ESPN3 is on, is available on the ESPN app, which is available on almost every smart TV, streaming device, mobile phone, and smart fridge out there.

If you want to know if your device can get the ESPN app: http://www.espn.com/espn/apps/espn

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I signed up for ESPN+, because my wife was giving me grief over my "not handling it". (I should point out that I was at work and she was at home) :)  Somebody please tell me that that will get the game Friday.

It will not. ESPN3 requires an ESPN cable subscription, which is different from ESPN+. Sign up for a FUBO.tv 7 day trial, that will cover it. Alternatively, go to the watch section of ESPN's website and select something that is a replay from ESPN3 and when it asks you to sign in, use your internet log in. Some ISPs like Midco grant ESPN3 access. There might be a stream linked on here too.

11 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I signed up for ESPN+, because my wife was giving me grief over my "not handling it". (I should point out that I was at work and she was at home) :)  Somebody please tell me that that will get the game Friday.

You're wife is NOT gonna be happy.

From their FAQ:
An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.

Look to youtube tv, hulu live, fubo for options that include the ESPN channels/stream you need. Most if not all offer some type of free trial.

There may be other options. 

36 minutes ago, bcblues said:

WatchESPN, which is ESPN's entire streaming arm essentially contains 3 prongs:

- Linear channels: These are streaming versions of the channels available on your TV on the ESPN family of networks or on WatchESPN via your TV subscription login if your cable plan includes that particular channel. You cannot pay ESPN directly to access these channels, only via the login.

- ESPN3: This is content that is not available on your TV on the ESPN family of networks, but IS available on WatchESPN via your TV subscription login. Your login access usually grants you ESPN3 content if your cable plan includes ANY of the ESPN networks. However, some cable companies grant access to ESPN3 content regardless. You cannot pay to access ESPN3 content, only via the login.

- ESPN+: This is content that is not available on your TV on the ESPN family of networks, but IS available on WatchESPN via a paid plan. Your TV subscription login will not work to access ESPN+ content.

----

If you are looking for a temporary workaround to access ESPN3 content and you don't have a current cable subscription, you can try to get a free trial to an online TV platform like YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, or FuboTV and use your login credentials from those platforms when logging into the WatchESPN platform to access streaming content that requires a TV login.

Hopefully this helps you and those out there trying to watch the game and Summit League and MVFC games in the future...this is our life now people, haha.

10 hours ago, rochsioux said:

That’s OK, he picked against us in 2016. 
If they played a best of seven series I think UND would be a strong favorite to win it all.  Single game elimination I still would favor them over any team but the odds of winning four straight is not real high.  Even if you had an 80% chance of winning every game you play that only gives you a 40% chance of winning four straight.  

Doesn't Schlossman also do a coin flip?

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It will not. ESPN3 requires an ESPN cable subscription, which is different from ESPN+. Sign up for a FUBO.tv 7 day trial, that will cover it. Alternatively, go to the watch section of ESPN's website and select something that is a replay from ESPN3 and when it asks you to sign in, use your internet log in. Some ISPs like Midco grant ESPN3 access. There might be a stream linked on here too.

Be careful about FUBO TV. I looked into this yesterday and they have three packages. The first two offered free seven day trials, but when I looked into the channel lineup I could not find espnu. THen I looked at their top tier package that does have it but there was no free seven day trial. I have already used up my free trials for youtube TV and Sling tv so I just got fed up and paid $18 to upgrade my tv package to get espnu. I will drop back down in a couple weeks and watch some of the other games this weekend as well. 

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

To your point, we have Xfinity and my wife (who’s the brains in this operation) found ESPN 3 on the channel guide and it comes on. If you can use streaming services through your provider, and you have ESPN, you might be able to get ESPN 3 on your television. 

Edit: ESPN 3 won’t show up on your channel guide; you have to specifically search for ESPN channels to locate ESPN 3. 

In the ESPN app if you search for Ice hockey, you can actually see all the NCAA games the ESPN has, include the UND game.  You just will need to go through a sign in process for access to ESPN 3

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nd jg said:

In the ESPN app if you search for Ice hockey, you can actually see all the NCAA games the ESPN has, include the UND game.  You just will need to go through a sign in process for access to ESPN 3

I saw that too. I plan on trying it out for the Duluth/Michigan game and if it doesn’t work I will do a seven day trial with Hulu, Fubo or YouTube.

10 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

I saw that too. I plan on trying it out for the Duluth/Michigan game and if it doesn’t work I will do a seven day trial with Hulu, Fubo or YouTube.

I was kinda hoping some of these games would just magically appear on YouTube.:whistling:

15 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I was kinda hoping some of these games would just magically appear on YouTube.:whistling:

Give technology a few years and I believe that some day someone will be posting links of the games on the internet for all of us to watch.....some day......

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Give technology a few years and I believe that some day someone will be posting links of the games on the internet for all of us to watch.....some day......

I've heard of things like that....

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Be careful about FUBO TV. I looked into this yesterday and they have three packages. The first two offered free seven day trials, but when I looked into the channel lineup I could not find espnu. THen I looked at their top tier package that does have it but there was no free seven day trial. I have already used up my free trials for youtube TV and Sling tv so I just got fed up and paid $18 to upgrade my tv package to get espnu. I will drop back down in a couple weeks and watch some of the other games this weekend as well. 

Thanks for the heads up, ESPNU is an important channel to have this weekend!