SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

23 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess I'm not sure, but do more people have the local Fox Sports or ESPN channels? Speaking of the current kerfuffle with FSN and the Wild, Wolves, Twins, my guess is more people have ESPN.

On the plus, with ESPN getting the NHL back, I'd think we'll have better talent on the air moving forward. LOVE that Starman is color man for our regional. 

Everyone hates on Bucci and I get it, he's a clown, but that dude is a big time advocate for college hockey and we need that at ESPN to keep growing our game.

Yeah, I cut the cord last spring, and am really missing my regional FSN. What a terrible year to not be able to watch the Wild, and I'll be missing my Twins. As for the Wolves, never cared, never will.

Starman is awesome.

Bucci is a clown, but he isn't awful. Barry Melrose should never be given a microphone ever; he is complete trash.

It would be nice if CBS or NBC were able to take this over. I think CBS does a really nice job with Starman though I miss listening to Holden. That being said, with Roku and other streaming devices, it is pretty simple to watch on ESPN+ or ESPN3, so I don't want to complain too much. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I cut the cord last spring, and am really missing my regional FSN. What a terrible year to not be able to watch the Wild, and I'll be missing my Twins. As for the Wolves, never cared, never will.

Starman is awesome.

Bucci is a clown, but he isn't awful. Barry Melrose should never be given a microphone ever; he is complete trash.

It would be nice if CBS or NBC were able to take this over. I think CBS does a really nice job with Starman though I miss listening to Holden. That being said, with Roku and other streaming devices, it is pretty simple to watch on ESPN+ or ESPN3, so I don't want to complain too much. 

I do feel bad for those that don't have ESPN3, but I absolutely love it. 

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

In addition to the Notre Dame news - was told that there were a couple of cases in Fargo, but the team (unspecified) would be OK to play. 

I don't know the specifics, but during the reg. season, this often had to do with how many players were affected due to contact tracing.

Would have been cool if they could have moved another team into the tourney rather than auto advance BC. The fix is in.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I do feel bad for those that don't have ESPN3, but I absolutely love it. 

I do too, but can't anyone sign up for ESPN3? Even for 1 month it isn't that expensive. I do the Disney+, ESPN, Hulu package for like 12 bucks a month.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I do too, but can't anyone sign up for ESPN3? Even for 1 month it isn't that expensive. I do the Disney+, ESPN, Hulu package for like 12 bucks a month.

ESPN3 isn’t the same as ESPN+. ESPN+ is like $5 a month. ESPN3 content will show up on the app but you can’t access it without a cable provider.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nope, like siouxforce19 said, ESPN3 is only a streaming service for those that have cable package, as far as I know. 

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

ESPN3 isn’t the same as ESPN+. ESPN+ is like $5 a month. ESPN3 content will show up on the app but you can’t access it without a cable provider.  

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

And this game will only be on espn3?  

Correct

3 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

If you are a Midco internet subscriber (even if it's internet-only, like me) they provide ESPN3 as well. You have to authenticate as a Midco subscriber, though.

Midco cable (for UND hockey) and internet ... and instead of watching on the plasma I'll have to watch on an iPad? 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Midco cable (for UND hockey) and internet ... and instead of watching on the plasma I'll have to watch on an iPad? 

If you have an OTT device such as Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire. You can download/install the WatchESPN app. I believe also available on game consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation.

22 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Not good when your teams biggest homer schoolssman picks against us

I saw that, I am not sure how he is picking Michigan but whatever. Hopefully the boys see it and it motivates them even more. 

23 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Not good when your teams biggest homer schoolssman picks against us

That’s OK, he picked against us in 2016. 
If they played a best of seven series I think UND would be a strong favorite to win it all.  Single game elimination I still would favor them over any team but the odds of winning four straight is not real high.  Even if you had an 80% chance of winning every game you play that only gives you a 40% chance of winning four straight.  

Thank you for all the suggestions. (I've done the PC to HDMI thing before.)

That said, you all are missing my point:

I pay Midco a lot of money for cable (and TiVo) and internet ... 

Why am I having to hink-a-jink around? 

The correct answer should be either:
(a) Midco Channel xxx, or
(b) the WatchESPN app should be directly on my TiVo 

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

That’s OK, he picked against us in 2016. 
If they played a best of seven series I think UND would be a strong favorite to win it all.  Single game elimination I still would favor them over any team but the odds of winning four straight is not real high.  Even if you had an 80% chance of winning every game you play that only gives you a 40% chance of winning four straight.  

You are correct, he picked against us in 2016 and picked Michigan that year as well.  It is a tough challenge to win four in a row and you need a combination of talent and a little "puck luck" along the way.

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I saw that, I am not sure how he is picking Michigan but whatever. Hopefully the boys see it and it motivates them even more. 

I don't have  problem with a local journalist not seeming to side with the home team.  He doesn't work for the University, so his professional obligation is to do his homework and report honestly.  That doesn't make him a good journalist, but it suggests he's not an unethical one.

Just now, burd said:

I don't have  problem with a local journalist not seeming to side with the home team.  He doesn't work for the University, so his professional obligation is to do his homework and report honestly.  That doesn't make him a good journalist, but it suggests he's not an unethical one.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Thank you for all the suggestions. (I've done the PC to HDMI thing before.)

That said, you all are missing my point:

I pay Midco a lot of money for cable (and TiVo) and internet ... 

Why am I having to hink-a-jink around? 

The correct answer should be either:
(a) Midco Channel xxx, or
(b) the WatchESPN app should be directly on my TiVo 

Espn3 is streaming. Literally. Nothing midco can do about it. Everyone else has to watch it streaming in some way.