SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Same here, directly behind the double attack end for UND

So were my wife and I.  We probably high fived as I think I did with at least half the section...haha.

I remember starting to calm down and turned around to see the refs in the box and my heart just sank. 

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Honestly the 2017 version was electric too, after the check through the glass the game got turned on its head. When Wolanin scored to tie it the place was bonkers then when Dixon scored in double OT I can't believe the roof didn't collapse.  The only problem with it was the refs deciding it was offsides using the same camera that the bigfoot video was captured with from the other side of the ice!

you forgot" while looking thru the catch netting"

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Especially since being cheered against can be motivating ("us against the world..."). We still have execute...no excuses like "the ice was bad" or "the refs were bad" will matter.

Hopefully the ice is 10 times better than it was when they beat the puppies. I’ve honestly have never seen the ice that bad in their when they played their in 19’. Definitely favored AIC 

1 hour ago, franchise said:

So were my wife and I.  We probably high fived as I think I did with at least half the section...haha.

I remember starting to calm down and turned around to see the refs in the box and my heart just sank. 

I'd say there's a 99% chance we high fived. My friend his wife and I also high fived everyone in that section. 

Yup... as soon as they went into the box there was a sense of dread and when they called it off you just knew it wasn't going to happen.

• Like 1

To make matters worse, I was staying at the hotel with BU.

We were headed up in the elevator and a few Terriers were getting in.  I told them that they couldn't come in unless they admitted that UND was robbed.

They laughed and didn't disagree.

Then I went to the hot tub and the first person soaking the aches away was Bellows.  I'm sure that shot into the glass had to hurt.

Ended up chatting with a few of the guys for a long time.  They were super cool and VERY complimentary of UND and the fans.

Crazy to think back how much talent was on the ice for that game! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, franchise said:

To make matters worse, I was staying at the hotel with BU.

We were headed up in the elevator and a few Terriers were getting in.  I told them that they couldn't come in unless they admitted that UND was robbed.

They laughed and didn't disagree.

Then I went to the hot tub and the first person soaking the aches away was Bellows.  I'm sure that shot into the glass had to hurt.

Ended up chatting with a few of the guys for a long time.  They were super cool and VERY complimentary of UND and the fans.

Crazy to think back how much talent was on the ice for that game! 

That's cool, I always wondered what the BU players thought of the atmosphere at Scheels was because from my memory it was absolutely bananas. 

The pass to Bellows from Keller was NHL-level. I hated him the fury of a thousand suns at the time but the pass was ridiculous.

31 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

From this picture how in the hell did they come to that conclusion!?

That was rough, especially in attendance. I remember them zooming in on that pic on the broadcast and it did appear it was likely offsides. Definitively? I’m not sure they could say that. Add the huge amount of time it took with remaining uncertainty, and the fact that did one inch really change the play in any way? Heck no. I call screwjob. 

Good thing they changed the ruling the following year as a result that defensive team gaining possession - as BU did - would negate offsides, so the next time it would be a good goal! (Sarcasm). 

I’m against goal reviews for offsides in all cases though. If the linesman can’t tell, it wasn’t important enough to be integral to the play so why does it matter? They don’t review face off infractions or the million other variables that are far more likely to give a team an advantage and scoring opp vs an inch or two. Takes the fun out too when you can’t even celebrate goals. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Did someone mention this travesty again? :angry:

58da86d06c7d6_FargoScrewJob.JPG.41df431b8bc9a211a9508f376cff1f4e.JPG

There is absolutely no way you can accurately determine from this view if the play was offside or not.   They should have stuck with the call on the ice.

This is the only view of the play that I have ever seen.  If there is another view that shows conclusively that the play was offsides I would like to see it...pretty sure it doesn’t exist.  

Was it offsides ?  I have no idea.  It might have been.  But maybe, could have, possibly doesn’t rise to the level of convincing evidence.  Therefore they should have stayed with the call on the ice.   The linesman that overruled the call should never be allowed to work another playoff game (assuming the call was made based on this end zone view 150 feet away from the play). 

I don’t remember any media member ever getting any information or statement from the officials as to how this was conclusively determined to be offsides. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #33 said:

I wonder if the refs heard of parallax error when they made that call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSG8mzwwOs8

I remember this being brought up after it happened.

From that angle you can't 100 percent reverse a call made on the ice that it was offsides.  I mean a camera 200 feet away through a net?

UND would have got another shot at that really good Duluth team.  What could have been....

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I remember this being brought up after it happened.

From that angle you can't 100 percent reverse a call made on the ice that it was offsides.  I mean a camera 200 feet away through a net?

UND would have got another shot at that really good Duluth team.  What could have been....

I remember them taking 15 minutes or more to reverse the call. I’m not sure if that is actually true but if it did take that long the call should not have been reversed. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brett0909 said:

That was rough, especially in attendance. I remember them zooming in on that pic on the broadcast and it did appear it was likely offsides. Definitively? I’m not sure they could say that. Add the huge amount of time it took with remaining uncertainty, and the fact that did one inch really change the play in any way? Heck no. I call screwjob. 

Good thing they changed the ruling the following year as a result that defensive team gaining possession - as BU did - would negate offsides, so the next time it would be a good goal! (Sarcasm). 

I’m against goal reviews for offsides in all cases though. If the linesman can’t tell, it wasn’t important enough to be integral to the play so why does it matter? They don’t review face off infractions or the million other variables that are far more likely to give a team an advantage and scoring opp vs an inch or two. Takes the fun out too when you can’t even celebrate goals. 

Jerry York wants to change the "North Dakota" offsides rule NHL offsides rule now that his team lost because of a offsides goal.

There hasn't been that many goal reviews because of offsides.