SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.

Wilbur

AIC is coming in as the most rested and possibly rusty team ever.  They didn't play between January 30 and March 19.  To their credit, they shook off the rust and won two intense games last weekend.  Was that enough to get completely up to speed?  

10 minutes ago, jk said:

AIC is coming in as the most rested and possibly rusty team ever.  They didn't play between January 30 and March 19.  To their credit, they shook off the rust and won two intense games last weekend.  Was that enough to get completely up to speed?  

Wow, that is a long break. They will definitely be rested lol.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

FYI.....Fargo Force games in Scheels Arena allow seating capacity of 75% or 3750 fans. This regional will have 1500 per game.

#followthescience

Neither Bridgeport nor Loveland are selling any tickets.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There is one game on the schedule. Just one. And it's must win. 

Agree.  

I do kind of feel sorry for AIC.  Last time in Scheels they heard overwhelming cheers for them against SCSU. 

It'll be very different this time. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Agree.  

I do kind of feel sorry for AIC.  Last time in Scheels they heard overwhelming cheers for them against SCSU. 

It'll be very different this time. 

Great point

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't feel sorry for anyone. This is the playoffs. Time for everyone to strap the helmets on and go for it. 

Especially since being cheered against can be motivating ("us against the world..."). We still have execute...no excuses like "the ice was bad" or "the refs were bad" will matter.

Any idea if UND got told they are the late game or chose to be the late game Friday?  You would think as the #1 overall seed they would get the option and would prefer the earlier for a bit more rest.  Always wondered how that works.  I am totally overlooking this game and worried about Saturday.  I know I shouldn't be, but if this team is as good as we think it is Friday shouldn't be an issue.  

5 minutes ago, snooty89 said:

Any idea if UND got told they are the late game or chose to be the late game Friday?  You would think as the #1 overall seed they would get the option and would prefer the earlier for a bit more rest.  Always wondered how that works.  I am totally overlooking this game and worried about Saturday.  I know I shouldn't be, but if this team is as good as we think it is Friday shouldn't be an issue.  

They were told.

I think AIC is going to be a solid team.  This is a good opening round opponent for UND, especially for getting some of our injured players back in the mix.  They dominated their competition and won the regular season as well as the playoff title.  The Sioux should be able to take control of the game with their depth and explosiveness but they cannot just show up and think theyre going to win. #StCloud

UND coach Brad Berry isn't revealing his lineup or tipping his hand heading into the NCAA tournament, but he indicated Monday afternoon that reinforcements are coming.

"I'm probably not going to mention names," Berry said, "but I'll tell you with 100 percent certainty, we'll have a full lineup or very, very, very close to a full lineup for Friday night."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6947924-UND-coach-Brad-Berry-expects-to-have-very-close-to-a-full-lineup-for-NCAA-regional

Well that would be nice.

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I think AIC is going to be a solid team.  This is a good opening round opponent for UND, especially for getting some of our injured players back in the mix.  They dominated their competition and won the regular season as well as the playoff title.  The Sioux should be able to take control of the game with their depth and explosiveness but they cannot just show up and think theyre going to win. #StCloud

If we can stay out of the box and skate four lines we should wear them down.  I am guessing AIC will shorten their bench early and that plays to our advantage with our depth.

55 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Honestly the 2017 version was electric too, after the check through the glass the game got turned on its head. When Wolanin scored to tie it the place was bonkers then when Dixon scored in double OT I can't believe the roof didn't collapse.  The only problem with it was the refs deciding it was offsides using the same camera that the bigfoot video was captured with from the other side of the ice!

The moment they called it no goal we lost that game.  Not a single UND person I talked to after that game was like, "Ohh, but we were rolling them and had all the momentum in the world in that OT."  We could of outshot them 100-1 in OT, but would have lost after that.  

• Upvote 2