SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

38 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Are the games going to be played with no fans, just student fans, season ticket holder only fans, or normal capacity amount of fans? Will Nashville happen? Somebody must have an idea to this coming season's game plans. I know that Chaves said that they are going ahead as scheduled, but I haven't heard at what capacity of fans will be allowed to attend.

Until they announce otherwise, everything is planned to go ahead as normal. 

5 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Are the games going to be played with no fans, just student fans, season ticket holder only fans, or normal capacity amount of fans? Will Nashville happen? Somebody must have an idea to this coming season's game plans. I know that Chaves said that they are going ahead as scheduled, but I haven't heard at what capacity of fans will be allowed to attend.

I believe that they have stated that they will not (or at least don't want to) make a decision on Nashville until closer to fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Illinois was ready to announce that they would start up hockey.  Would guess they could find another one or two besides them eventually.  UND would have to have assurances that if charter members take up hockey they wouldn’t be the odd man out.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Not sure if this is addressed elsewhere and I just missed it, but the Gophers are pushing for Big Joke expansion again. 

https://thesportsdaily.com/2020/07/01/hes-back-4-g1w1/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Screenshot_20200702-014804.png

Is the big ten tv going to pay und more than midco is? If no I’m having a tough time understanding how this would be good for und considering both the NCHC exit fee and how this would negatively affect the teams left in the NCHC 

IMO it comes down to getting enough money to support the other Athletic programs at UND.  Most other D1 programs do this with their Football program.  At UND we need to do this with our Hockey Program.  If they get a Butt load of money and assurance they will not get kicked out once Illinois joins I say go for it.  Otherwise stay in the NCHC.

Personally I would be shocked if they would offer a bunch of money to join as the Big Ten is too argent and could care less about hockey.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, burd said:

I know it's all about serving UND's long term best interests, but I have a "bad karma" feeling about joining the Big 10.  While it would be great to have UW and UMinn back as conference rivals, I just don't like the idea of rewarding people like B Alvarez and turning our backs on loyalties with programs like DU and UMD.

I wouldn't miss playing Duluth. Denver would need to be a frequent non conference opponent though

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I wouldn't miss playing Duluth. Denver would need to be a frequent non conference opponent though

I would love to see DU go with if it ever happened. I could care less about UMD.