SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

23 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Hopefully season still happens and und can shove it to Covid in April 

It won't. The writing is on the wall and dominoes are already falling.

The reasoning is insane and more suited for the dumpster fire thread... but they are writing their own self fullfiling prophecy at this point.

The problem is the results will be disastrous to college hockey this year and in the future. 

I know we dont want to fear the worst but the reality is now changing forever.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So with the HOF game coming to Grand Forks this season, anyone want to schedule St Thomas?

How about the Purple Cows?  I think we have some unfinished business with Mankato.

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So with the HOF game coming to Grand Forks this season, anyone want to schedule St Thomas?

Can anyone explain what is supposed to happen on Oct 17th at The Ralph. Is UND going to reschedule a Hall of Fame game in GF being Penn State is not playing us on that date? On it's published schedule it has TBA for an opponent in GF.
https://fightinghawks.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule/2020-21

That leads me to the next question, who backed out of the Oct 17th, 2020 game in Nashville?       Penn State? Hall of Fame? Nashville? Us?

From the GF Herald article.
"We have been closely monitoring the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and have tried to work through multiple scenarios, but after much consideration, we have made the decision to officially postpone the Nashville event and rescheduled it to October 30, 2021," said Ralph Engelstad Arena Jody Hodgson,

Another Question, if Nashville games is cancelled because of COVID-19, why we playing other games in October?

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

How about the Purple Cows?  I think we have some unfinished business with Mankato.

I was thinking Mankato as well. I would imagine you can pick from a short list as to who the opponent would be: Mankato, UMD, St Cloud, Bemidji and then I'd throw in possible Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. It's going to be someone who can bus. I would imagine they would try to get someone from out of conference if possible as well. 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Mankato would be cool (They are already at St Cloud on Oct 17th). Michigan would be good, but they are usually too good to come to Grand Forks (No schedule posted). Wisconsing would be cool as well (No schedule posted). Air Force would be cool for something new, or even ASU, or like I said before St Thomas.

When it comes down to it, I really don't care who they play, so long as they play.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I was thinking Mankato as well. I would imagine you can pick from a short list as to who the opponent would be: Mankato, UMD, St Cloud, Bemidji and then I'd throw in possible Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. It's going to be someone who can bus. I would imagine they would try to get someone from out of conference if possible as well. 

Yes, I would like to see them play Mankato again. When played them last year, Mankato played great and didn’t play that diving shyt 

56 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Yes, I would like to see them play Mankato again. When played them last year, Mankato played great and didn’t play that diving shyt 

They were for real last season.  Hastings had them playing a real physical brand of hockey; those boys finished every check.

Mismash (sr) Adams (sr) Kawaguchi (sr)

Blaisdell (so) Pinto (so) Gaber (fr)

Hain (jr) Weatherby (jr) Caulfield (so)

Keane (sr) Senden (jr) Ness(fr)

Albrecht (so) Budy (fr) Rieger (sr)

Kiersted (sr) Bernard-Docker(jr)

Sanderson (fr) Frisch (so)

Kleven (fr) Bast (sr)

Miller (fr) Moore (fr)

Scheel (jr) 

Thome (sr)

Feeney (so

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

Mismash (sr) Adams (sr) Kawaguchi (sr)

Blaisdell (so) Pinto (so) Gaber (fr)

Hain (jr) Weatherby (jr) Caulfield (so)

Keane (sr) Senden (jr) Ness(fr)

Albrecht (so) Budy (fr) Rieger (sr)

Kiersted (sr) Bernard-Docker(jr)

Sanderson (fr) Frisch (so)

Kleven (fr) Bast (sr)

Miller (fr) Moore (fr)

Scheel (jr) 

Thome (sr)

Feeney (so

I think miller is going to play, he’s really good 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I don’t see that happening barring a ton of injuries.

Agreed. Reiger is in the same boat. Could play either but both offense and defense are already stacked. 
Also, Budy is technically a sophomore due to his time at DU. 

4 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Miller or Moore will play forward like Poolman and Wolanin did as freshmen.

I think Miller will dress quite a bit as the 7th D which would allow the coaching staff some flexibility if either a forward or d-man gets injured.

4 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Sorry if this has been stated already but do we know the entire roster yet? Is Moore on campus for sure?

Yes, he is on campus. 

The roster hasn’t been officially announced, but Schlossman listed all the new players jersey numbers. 

So, not sure why Schloss or anyone else hasn't reported on this yet, but here you go.

PROP approves change to ice hockey overtime format

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-women/article/2020-07-22/prop-approves-change-ice-hockey-overtime-format

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved changes to the overtime format in men’s and women’s ice hockey, starting with the 2020-21 academic year.

Under the new rule, all teams tied at the end of regulation will play a five-minute, 3-on-3 sudden-victory overtime period to decide a winner. If neither team scores, a three-person shootout could be used in conference games or in-season tournaments for advancement purposes.