SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

15 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

There is an Instagram user with the name Jackson keane in the group chat of the screenshots leaked but it looks to be someone else's? I'd be surprised if it's his. 

It definitely was his and he's since deleted his Instagram. 

Going through the screenshots I only saw two messages from Jackson. Neither were anything bad. Embarrassment of being involved is more than enough punishment for me. Hope UND just issues a statement that they will handle it internally or to appease the everyone needs to be punished regardless of their actual involvement crowd, give him a game. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Honestly, I used this as a teaching moment with my boy

1 hour ago, AJS said:

It definitely was his and he's since deleted his Instagram. 

Going through the screenshots I only saw two messages from Jackson. Neither were anything bad. Embarrassment of being involved is more than enough punishment for me. Hope UND just issues a statement that they will handle it internally or to appease the everyone needs to be punished regardless of their actual involvement crowd, give him a game. 

This should and likely will be a teaching moment for the entire team as a "Hey, here's what you don't do." And based on what was published in the pictures, I, too, feel the embarrassment should be and hopefully will be enough punishment for him. Don't be rash based on outside perception.

This is the danger of the digital age.  I think we’ve all said things in certain company that we’d never say in front of other company.  A lot of it in humor, some of it in stupidity.  Much of it in youthful indiscretion.  You can’t make youthful mistakes anymore...they will haunt you

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Goon said:

Yeah he did. Read the tweet. 

He admits he wrote inappropriate things. The "my account was hacked" defense would have placed the blame for those inappropriate messages on a hacker. 

Love how Leipsic's penchant for cocaine/MDMA use is the buried story here.  Hope it was just him and not the other members of that group . . . .

Also, funny how "locker room" talk gets you booted from the locker room in DC these days but it won't stop you from taking elected office in the White. . . .

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

7 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Love how Leipsic's penchant for cocaine/MDMA use is the buried story here.  Hope it was just him and not the other members of that group . . . .

Also, funny how "locker room" talk gets you booted from the locker room in DC these days but it won't stop you from taking elected office in the White. . . .

Whoa, apolitical aside, The President  has done some “good” in his life and has been a decent leader in an unprecedented time or in years in the past. He’s not perfect, I am not, you’re not. We have to look in the mirror everyday morning/day. 

However, as a productive citizen/or someone that tries to progress the world to be better myself, (I don’t have the solution for everyone’s problems), don’t compare the Prez and Leipsic, smh. C’mon on man....

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

NHL guys love their coke.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/05/09_NCAA-No-Sports-Without-Students.php

It had been speculated that sports would not be played unless students were on campus, though some conferences felt otherwise. Emmert's announcement made it official.

Emmert did say, however, that sports would be possible if universities were using a "hybrid" approach.

“That doesn’t mean [schools have] to be up and running in the full normal model, but you’ve got to treat the health and well-being of the athletes at least as much as the regular students,” Emmert said. “So, if a school doesn’t reopen, then they’re not going to be playing sports. It’s really that simple.”

A "hybrid" approach is being discussed around the country. That would mean some students were on campus while others were doing remote learning. In some cases that could mean students switch off which days they go to physical class.

Let's cross our fingers for this hybrid approach to pan out, because I just don't see every university getting everything lined up for all students to return to campus by this fall.  If they can do hybrid for fall semester and then back to normal by spring semester?  Hopefully something like that would work...because selfishly, I want to see what this 20/21 UND team can do.  :)

• Upvote 1

My kingdom for a video of Bill Butters going after fans at the SW corner exit off the ice at the old barn (coal plant corner).  Prequel to the water bottle fight.  Woulda been the '71-72 season, I think. 

Not even Blackheart can pull this off. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, burd said:

My kingdom for a video of Bill Butters going after fans at the SW corner exit off the ice at the old barn (coal plant corner).  Prequel to the water bottle fight.  Woulda been the '71-72 season, I think. 

Not even Blackheart can pull this off. 

Hang on...I've got some 8mm I'm going through...;)