SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, homer said:

Lol.  BisonDans comment was great......bet SIU doesn’t turn it over 5 times this week.   WTF does that even mean?   

Go easy on him, he's still trying to come up with justifications of where all the "fans that want to go to games and get full houses" were at since they barely filled 2/3's of their allowed 50% capacity. 

Or he doesn't have faith in the MooU defense to create turnovers like the UND defense. But who knows? 

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I read where one guy said if it wasn't for the 5 turnovers the game would have been a lot closer.  That was his way of discrediting UND....lmfao

The Super Bowl would have been a lot closer if Tampa Bay hadn’t score more points that the Chiefs too. I can speak smart too!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, homer said:

Lol.  BisonDans comment was great......bet SIU doesn’t turn it over 5 times this week.   WTF does that even mean?   

If SIU doesn't play with a lot of energy and emotion this week they are complete trash!!  I almost expect them to W......but will likely blow it in a close game.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

If SIU doesn't play with a lot of energy and emotion this week they are complete trash!!  I almost expect them to W......but will likely blow it in a close game.

In the MVFC pick'em I chose NDSU by a couple scores. They will be motivated this week too.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Did we come out of the first week without any additional injuries?

Good question. I would imagine there would be discussion about injuries here, and I haven’t seen any. Nothing in the Herald either. So, I’m going to say we came out mostly unscathed. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see where UND end up in the polls this week. There were 13 teams ahead of #14 UND last week. Of those 13, #’s 1, 3, 7, 10, 11, and 13 all lost. #6 Nova and # 14 Albany have yet to play a game till next week.  

So the way I look at it, the lowest you could legitimately put UND is 6th. But, with their win over SDSU combined with the the win over S Illinois (which is now a better win) I would not be surprised to see them at #2. Possibly 3 if you want to go JMU, Weber, and then UND. But our win was. Worst than Weber’s.

Should be interesting. All I know is we will be ranked higher than NDSU. And that makes me happy!!

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will be interesting to see where UND end up in the polls this week. There were 13 teams ahead of #14 UND last week. Of those 13, #’s 1, 3, 7, 10, 11, and 13 all lost. #6 Nova and # 14 Albany have yet to play a game till next week.  

So the way I look at it, the lowest you could legitimately put UND is 6th. But, with their win over SDSU combined with the the win over S Illinois (which is now a better win) I would not be surprised to see them at #2. Possibly 3 if you want to go JMU, Weber, and then UND. But our win was. Worst than Weber’s.

Should be interesting. All I know is we will be ranked higher than NDSU. And that makes me happy!!

Should be but I’ll believe it went I see it.  

40 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If UNI can rise in the polls when they lose, I would not expect NDSU to drop out of the top 5.

Actually don’t expect UND to be higher than 6, and probably about 7, 8 or 9. Although it would be more fitting for UND crack the top 5 considering the Hawks beat 2 ranked teams, and one of them that has been projected by many to win the MVFC.

I intend to Enjoy this ride as a big UND fan - especially football fan. 

I am not taking anything for granted. An injury or two can mess things up. I will consider all teams we play as formidable and a challenge.

As also a Viking fan I will never relax and expect bad things to happen and rejoice when we succeed.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, UND Dood said:

Hopefully Bubba and crew can keep the team focused on the next game. This team seems pretty level-headed, so let's hope the day-by-day mantra holds true. Act like rankings don't exist!

It's a good week to have a short week, not much time for it to go to their heads.....gotta get focused for the next game already. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, UND Dood said:

Hopefully Bubba and crew can keep the team focused on the next game. This team seems pretty level-headed, so let's hope the day-by-day mantra holds true. Act like rankings don't exist!

Yeah, I think the seniors on this team have been through enough let down games that this won't be a problem.   I mean, I think they could still have a let down game or two, but their mindset will be right.  

54 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

image.png.867bcda0a05102cfa51dd88b11402a02.png

image.png.2d1aab49bcd17bd798dec9e73998448d.png

I don't know if these pictures will come across after posting. This is Weah's touchdown run in the fourth quarter. He was dead in the background in the first picture and then dead again in the 2nd picture.  WOW

Santiago = stiff arm

Weah = spin move