SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

3 hours ago, FSSD said:

It kind of depends on what you are looking for...  I have both ESPN+ and Midco Plus.  ESPN+ picks up the Midco broadcast.  ESPN+ typically doesn't produce the games.  If is in on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN3 it is typically ESPN produced.  I like the MidcoPlus service because I am from South Dakota I enjoy watching all the local teams and action.  And Midco does a great job.  I am always impressed with the production quality it is outstanding and Alex H. is bombtastic (got that from my kids, I guess its a thing).  

thanks for the insight.  I am starting with ESPN+ but might add Midco later to watch other UND teams. 

2 minutes ago, NC Sioux said:

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  in Beaverton Oregon in tbe 90s and watching Sioux Bison games.

Anyway today’s Beatdown and the beef I saw in the trenches finally pushed me over the edge to set up an ID on the forum.

In  closing I just hope the fellas make us proud going forward.it seems like a great group of young men and watching Otis break tackles and the D punish the offense was terrific.

Thanks for joining the party.  This is going to be a fun year.  Teams took notice of this game.  Now UND needs to be humble and keep our focus on next week.  One game at a time.  Starting Sunday it is bunny week.  We need to grab them but the floppy ears.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, Siouxperman8 said:

thanks for the insight.  I am starting with ESPN+ but might add Midco later to watch other UND teams. 

You'll be able to watch UND basketball on espn+

22 hours ago, NC Sioux said:

Hi fellas, I’ve enjoyed your banter and analysis for ten plus years. The Whooping I watched today was my most enjoyable UND football game since getting liquored up back in the day at the “Best Bet”  in Beaverton Oregon in tbe 90s and watching Sioux Bison games.

Anyway today’s Beatdown and the beef I saw in the trenches finally pushed me over the edge to set up an ID on the forum.

In  closing I just hope the fellas make us proud going forward.it seems like a great group of young men and watching Otis break tackles and the D punish the offense was terrific.

Welcome to the party!

"Team of the Week North Dakota acts like North Dakota State while entering the ranking"

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-spring-rankings-top-25-power-poll-following-week-2-2021

Uh oh,  Some folks down south may not like that comparison!!! 

Team of the Week

13. North Dakota

(1-0 Missouri Valley)

Previous Ranking: Unranked

Week 2 Result: 44-21 win over Southern Illinois

Accustomed to facing easy opposition in home openers, the Fighting Hawks didn't get that in their first-ever MVFC game yet still made it 33 straight wins in such games. They overwhelmed the Salukis, forcing five turnovers, including Devon Krzanowski's 36-yard fumble return for a touchdown. Redshirt freshman Tommy Schuster had three touchdown passes in his first career start.

Next Game: Feb. 27 vs. South Dakota State

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It was a nice way to make a grand entrance.  The SDSU game gives us another opportunity to see if those same accolades are granted next Monday morning.  Hope so.

We clean up last Saturday and it will be a fun game to watch this week! 

if Bubba wants to win at all costs he will go for it on 4th down! No reason to punt when we have the BEEF, Otis, and Vaughn that can pick up those short yardages.

17 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It was a nice way to make a grand entrance.  The SDSU game gives us another opportunity to see if those same accolades are granted next Monday morning.  Hope so.

A win against the bunnies would be huge for the team, the program, the fans and the players. Their confidence would be where it should be with that kind of win. 

I'm super pumped about the win this past weekend, BUT I also want to keep it in perspective. There is a lot left to be done here, and plenty more to be proven. That being said, I'm confident in this team. We have seen UND win games like that in the past, but not usually with that type of dominance. It indicates what many of us already thought, there is some serious talent on the field, it just needs to be used the right way.

Can't wait for Saturday!

I don't want to get too carried away, but I was very encouraged by the performance on Saturday. A couple things that stuck out to me was the obvious improvement on the UND offensive line, but to go along with that the ability UND showed to sit in a 2 TE set and grind was awesome. I have always been an advocate of Freund's on here because he was really built a multi dimensional approach with these dudes. Another thing I was encouraged by was we did this with some young dudes being the focal point. Bo Bellquist and Adam Zavalney are both freshmen (one redshirt one true), starters, and local. I believe Dom Izzo said in his podcast last week UND needs to start winning the local recruiting battles to be taken seriously. Well Dom..........those are two kids UND found, turned started, who are in our backyard. Otis can smell Moo U from where he grew up. I am by no means saying we are going to beat the bison, but the local youth shows our coaches are doing their jobs recruiting.

I was discouraged by our lack of down field attack offensively. We were certainly trying to take shots to Maeg, but it just wasn't clicking. However, the defense put us in great situations where we didn't have to constant think deep. All in all, a great start to the season, but there is a ton of football left.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I don't want to get too carried away, but I was very encouraged by the performance on Saturday. A couple things that stuck out to me was the obvious improvement on the UND offensive line, but to go along with that the ability UND showed to sit in a 2 TE set and grind was awesome. I have always been an advocate of Freund's on here because he was really built a multi dimensional approach with these dudes. Another thing I was encouraged by was we did this with some young dudes being the focal point. Bo Bellquist and Adam Zavalney are both freshmen (one redshirt one true), starters, and local. I believe Dom Izzo said in his podcast last week UND needs to start winning the local recruiting battles to be taken seriously. Well Dom..........those are two kids UND found, turned started, who are in our backyard. Otis can smell Moo U from where he grew up. I am by no means saying we are going to beat the bison, but the local youth shows our coaches are doing their jobs recruiting.

I was discouraged by our lack of down field attack offensively. We were certainly trying to take shots to Maeg, but it just wasn't clicking. However, the defense put us in great situations where we didn't have to constant think deep. All in all, a great start to the season, but there is a ton of football left.

Agreed on the downfield passing game. There were some opportunities, but what I would really like to see this week would be some back should fades to guys like Maag or Zavalney 15-20 yard shots. That being said, I'll trust Danny to put together a solid game plan. They passed when they needed too, ran when they could and got the lead. After that, it was just a grind the other team down offense. Fun to watch our O-Line wear someone down like that. I'm not sure I have really seen that from UND in quite a while.

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

UND needs to start winning the local recruiting battles to be taken seriously

Yes, but not just local.  Any recruiting battle won against any of the Dakota schools (especially NDSU) is step towards our ultimate goal.  I feel like the recruiting has really ticked up a notch in the last couple years, and it appears to be manifesting with the play on the field.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yes, but not just local.  Any recruiting battle won against any of the Dakota schools (especially NDSU) is step towards our ultimate goal.  I feel like the recruiting has really ticked up a notch in the last couple years, and it appears to be manifesting with the play on the field.

I think Fort was a major coup. I thought he was pretty much recruited by everyone -- and chose us in the end. Because the recruiting game is so secretive, though, it's easy for other fan bases to just claim that their team lost interest in the recruit when they lose out.

45 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Also need to take into account that UND was missing its most explosive offensive weapon on Saturday. Belquist did a great job stepping in, and that is before taking into account he's a true freshman out there, but if Boltmann is out there, that's just adds next another level. BB2.0 is setting up to be the new BB I guess?

Agreed that the defense put them in great spots where they really didn't need to take deep shots and when they did, I feel like Maag deserved to get a call on at least one if not two of the shots they took, but the refs were letting them play.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I think Fort was a major coup. I thought he was pretty much recruited by everyone -- and chose us in the end. Because the recruiting game is so secretive, though, it's easy for other fan bases to just claim that their team lost interest in the recruit when they lose out.

I believe NDSU wanted both Nelson and Fort, so there are two battles on DBs we have won. This might not be a popular take, but the kids that are making NDSU tick are still Kleiman recruits. If there is any drop off at all in the product on the field in Fargo, it could be in part to Entz and his staff not being as steady in recruiting as the past staff.