SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

53 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

#4 ranking is great, and exciting ... but being behind UNI, given the resumes is still a joke. I just don't get the love affair with UNI. Talented, sure ... but didn't they lose to SDSU at home?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On NDSU's last play of first half (the jump ball that worked) it looked like the QB put everything, and I mean everything, he had to launch that ball ... 40 yards. (Box score calls it a 37 yard TD.) That just doesn't seem right. 

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the play. He let it go from the 45 and it went about 5 yards into the end zone, so roughly a 50 yard throw. Maybe he put a little extra loft in it, but it looked like a lot of effort for a throw that shouldn't have been that hard.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

No to be a wet blanket (which means I'm about to be):

Everything UND has done to date only ensures a 2-6 season at worst. 

Lots and lots of work left to do. 

Which is exactly how the players should view it, since they are actually on the field and preparing.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the play. He let it go from the 45 and it went about 5 yards into the end zone, so roughly a 50 yard throw. Maybe he put a little extra loft in it, but it looked like a lot of effort for a throw that shouldn't have been that hard.

Maybe they should put Logan Graetz in .... remember when we were all pissed that he ended up switching to the Bison. :D

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Minus the two garbage end of half drives by NDSU, their offense produced 45 yards rushing on 18 carries and Noland was 9 of 19 for 87 yards and a pick.  That's how bad the rest of the game was for the Bison offense.  SIU controlled the ball for more than 41 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Minus the two garbage end of half drives by NDSU, their offense produced 45 yards rushing on 18 carries and Noland was 9 of 19 for 87 yards.  That's how bad the rest of the game was for the Bison.

Also, noticed they pulled the Hankey kid at MLB when he was not hurt and brought a backup in. That shouts panic to me.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Also, noticed they pulled the Hankey kid at MLB when he was not hurt and brought a backup in. That shouts panic to me.....

Saw that.  I also noticed how smallish the LB's are in general.

2021 NDSU FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART
OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT

WLB JAMES KACZOR #26 JUNIOR 6-0 211
MASON HOFSTEDT #51 JUNIOR 6-0 225
JUANEYE TILLMAN #34 SOPHOMORE 5-11 238
OSCAR BENSON #42 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-0 180

MLB JACKSON HANKEY #52 JUNIOR 6-1 220
LUKE WEERTS #47 SOPHOMORE 6-1 219
DYLAN HENDRICKS #50 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 231
MARK STUMPF #48 SOPHOMORE 6-2 225

SLB JASIR COX #49 JUNIOR 6-0 207
COLE WISNIEWSKI #31 TRUE FRESHMAN 6-3 218
MITCHELL KARTES #45 SOPHOMORE 6-0 207
NICK KUBITZ #49 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-2 213
COLE SMUTNEY #44 TRUE FRESHMAN 6'0 212

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT

They were fine there last year from what I saw. I think it's more so their DL isn't the force it used to be. Although, they are probably still pretty tough......

I do remember the Weerts kid was a highly touted recruit and Hankey is a walk on from small town ND, which I don't think Entz gives two craps about playing North Dakota kids anymore. 

• Upvote 1

They were fine there last year from what I saw. I think it's more so their DL isn't the force it used to be. Although, they are probably still pretty tough......

I do remember the Weerts kid was a highly touted recruit and Hankey is a walk on from small town ND, which I don't think Entz gives two craps about playing North Dakota kids anymore. 

At the moment, I would guess Entz just wants to stop the bleeding.  SIU destroyed the mighty Bison.

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

OFFENSE HEIGHT WEIGHT

They can be smaller because of their system. Travis Beck is the best example of that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

At the moment, I would guess Entz just wants to stop the bleeding.  SIU destroyed the mighty Bison.

So you bench your captain, leading tackler, and pre-season All Conference/All American? Pull him aside and allow him to keep leading the way he has been. Don't make an example of that kid.

4 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

So you bench your captain, leading tackler, and pre-season All Conference/All American? Pull him aside and allow him to keep leading the way he has been. Don't make an example of that kid.

I was referring to your comment about Entz and ND kids.  No idea why they benched Hankey.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I was referring to your comment about Entz and ND kids.  No idea why they benched Hankey.

Ahhh gotcha. I've been pretty critical of Entz, so I do need to cool it and back off. As much as I support UND, I will quickly say NDSU's dominant past had some phenomenal coaching. 

Ahhh gotcha. I've been pretty critical of Entz, so I do need to cool it and back off. As much as I support UND, I will quickly say NDSU's dominant past had some phenomenal coaching. 

No question about NDSU having some great coaching the last decade.  Unless last Saturday was a fluke, Entz and co have their work cut out for themselves.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Santiago tackled for loss. Otis bounces off and spins.

actually I always remember Santiago side stepping the D Line in the hole at Wyoming.  Santiago side steps and bounces out to edge..  Both score touchdowns!!:)

9 minutes ago, FSSD said:

actually I always remember Santiago side stepping the D Line in the hole at Wyoming.  Santiago side steps and bounces out to edge..  Both score touchdowns!!:)

if dalton gee is in he's probably tackled for a big loss...as awesome as otis's play was there THREE jacks inthe backfield.  not good but with OW skill set he took it to the house.

when people are wondering why dalton was the starter they can point to this play as being a "GAME WINNER"...if iirc it was on third down?  if dalton gets tackled for a loss we probably and punt and who knows what happens

otis>luke>gee

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if dalton gee is in he's probably tackled for a big loss...as awesome as otis's play was there THREE jacks inthe backfield.  not good but with OW skill set he took it to the house.

when people are wondering why dalton was the starter they can point to this play as being a "GAME WINNER"...if iirc it was on third down?  if dalton gets tackled for a loss we probably and punt and who knows what happens

otis>luke>gee

Agreed. Nothing against Gee, but I'm not sure if I would even put him over Mitchell. Its tough to know what Mitchell will bring to the table since we haven't seen much of him yet. I would like to see him get a few more carries. There were a few spots in the last game where I think if he had gotten the ball there was more than enough room for him to use his speed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. Nothing against Gee, but I'm not sure if I would even put him over Mitchell. Its tough to know what Mitchell will bring to the table since we haven't seen much of him yet. I would like to see him get a few more carries. There were a few spots in the last game where I think if he had gotten the ball there was more than enough room for him to use his speed. 

agreed...nothing against gee....but play your best players! one play can make a break a game wide open...otis's run was tecmo bowl'ish....christian okoye or barry sanders style with the breaking the tackle...spin off two bumbling jacks...the subtle stiff arm and then some guys would'be been gassed and gone out of bounds aroundthe ten but he cut it back inside andthen the fumble and there recovery!!!!!!!

awesome stuff!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1