SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

2 hours ago, Not tkt master said:

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug :) Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to listen in each week: https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-spring-week-1-vs-southern-illinois/  We enjoy bringing the show to fans of Fighting Sioux | Fighting Hawks Football. We don't have a radio broadcast partner this spring, but we are working on having one again by fall. In the meantime our weekly podcasts are available on the UND Football 360 website: www.undfootball360.com  You can also contact us on the site with questions, suggestions, and comments. We'd love to hear from you. GO HAWKS!!!

I listened during work yesterday. Great stuff! Go Sioux!

3 hours ago, Not tkt master said:

SS.com folks. This is Shannon Schweigert and what you are about to read is a shameless plug :) Kelly Howe and I continue to produce the UND Football 360 podcast this spring season and we invite you to listen in each week: https://undfootball360.com/news/undfb360-pregame-show-spring-week-1-vs-southern-illinois/  We enjoy bringing the show to fans of Fighting Sioux | Fighting Hawks Football. We don't have a radio broadcast partner this spring, but we are working on having one again by fall. In the meantime our weekly podcasts are available on the UND Football 360 website: www.undfootball360.com  You can also contact us on the site with questions, suggestions, and comments. We'd love to hear from you. GO HAWKS!!!

I always listen to them, was hoping you’d still be doing them this spring. I listened last night. 

After listening last night, it does make me more concerned about stopping their power running game. However last year I thought MSU would run all over us and we held them to around 10-12 points. It will definitely be a good test for our DL tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Anyone have experience with the Midco streaming app?  Trying to decide between that and ESPN+.  Also - any idea what  ESPN+ uses for announcers?  Do they just pick up Heinert and the local broadcast?

I would assume so, but this will be the first broadcast from Grand Forks on ESPN+ (right?), so how would one know for sure?

14 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Anyone have experience with the Midco streaming app?  Trying to decide between that and ESPN+.  Also - any idea what  ESPN+ uses for announcers?  Do they just pick up Heinert and the local broadcast?

ESPN+ will pick up the midco feed. The only exception is the playoffs.

14 hours ago, Not tkt master said:

Keep up the good work! Really enjoy the podcasts being so far away from the motherland of the frozen tundra! 

11 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

You might base that decision on the content of those two options other than UND football since ESPN+ will probably just use the Midco broadcast. 

23 hours ago, Not tkt master said:

I love the show and the passion that you guys have...  I think a great little segment would be to do a pod cast with old UND football alumni once or twice a year.  They don't have be the names that we all know.  But, just football alumni living in the area and what are they doing now, an old story or two from past games, and what the football program means to them and the difference it has made to them.  Anyway, you do a great job and I enjoy it very much.  Thank You.  

19 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

It kind of depends on what you are looking for...  I have both ESPN+ and Midco Plus.  ESPN+ picks up the Midco broadcast.  ESPN+ typically doesn't produce the games.  If is in on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN3 it is typically ESPN produced.  I like the MidcoPlus service because I am from South Dakota I enjoy watching all the local teams and action.  And Midco does a great job.  I am always impressed with the production quality it is outstanding and Alex H. is bombtastic (got that from my kids, I guess its a thing).