SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

Snooped in on the Sunday Night Bizon Chat hosted by Izzo and McFeeley. Interesting to say the least. Excuses were flying and heads were being called for. The one comment that stuck out to me is how the reason UND looks good right now is that they didn't lose anything. I mean I get it NDSU lost some dudes, but isn't a programs job to always be prepared for losing dudes and, as for guys leaving for the draft or transfering, no one made them do that..........

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Snooped in on the Sunday Night Bizon Chat hosted by Izzo and McFeeley. Interesting to say the least. Excuses were flying and heads were being called for. The one comment that stuck out to me is how the reason UND looks good right now is that they didn't lose anything. I mean I get it NDSU lost some dudes, but isn't a programs job to always be prepared for losing dudes and, as for guys leaving for the draft or transfering, no one made them do that..........

I think both are fair points.  It's a fine excuse, but they still suck.  And they weren't saying that pre season.  Bison reload, Zeb will be another NFL qb etc.  Funny how the talking points change.  

17 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

#4 ranking is great, and exciting ... but being behind UNI, given the resumes is still a joke. I just don't get the love affair with UNI. Talented, sure ... but didn't they lose to SDSU at home?

This UNI  part doesn't seem to make sense???  

Are we actually the fourth best team at the end of the year - who knows. Could be higher and could be lower. 

I doubt we have heard the last of su

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

JMU rec'd 34 first place votes

Weber rec'd 4 first place votes

UND rec'd 2 first place votes

NDSU zero first place votes.

Iw as just thinking about this....two weeks ago this team is unranked, and alot of the talk around the conference was that UND would finish last, and may not win a game....two weeks later, we are getting first place votes....truly unbelievable

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Wait, the same fans who said their back-ups would be a Top 10 FCS team are now saying they are struggling because they lost a few players early? Lack of depth is now the excuse at MooU? Ain't that some sh*t.... 

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Are we actually the fourth best team at the end of the year - who knows. Could be higher and could be lower. 

Their “quality loss” to SDSU was bigger than our win I guess!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

You may be correct, but watch the tape vs SIU.  The SU offense is bad.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I have heard the offense was bad this year, even when Lance played.  Without him, it ain't good at all

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I think both are fair points.  It's a fine excuse, but they still suck.  And they weren't saying that pre season.  Bison reload, Zeb will be another NFL qb etc.  Funny how the talking points change.  

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

If the Bison are talking about Lance and Radunz, I believe UND also lost it's starting QB and C to graduation. We are starting a brand new QB, just like they are. Didn't lose anything? Really?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

If the Bison are talking about Lance and Radunz, I believe UND also lost it's starting QB and C to graduation. We are starting a brand new QB, just like they are. Didn't lose anything? Really?

That and more. They legit talk about the guys who graduated. EVERY TEAM HAS PLAYERS GRADUATE.

Then, they proceed to complain about guys like Cofield and Cox, who transferred. THAT MEANS THEY WOULD RATHER BE SOMEWHERE ELSE THAN THE HOLY LAND OF FARGO.

My take on it, your coaches and players got comfortable, assumed your players are better than they are and now, you get what you get and get stomped by SIU.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I think teams backed off of him because of grades... I know the bison did 

He was a high risk recruit because of academics. We saw that play out with his eligibility already. The coaches have surrounded him with good role models and he’s doing much better. 

21 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

On NDSU's last play of first half (the jump ball that worked) it looked like the QB put everything, and I mean everything, he had to launch that ball ... 40 yards. (Box score calls it a 37 yard TD.) That just doesn't seem right. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On NDSU's last play of first half (the jump ball that worked) it looked like the QB put everything, and I mean everything, he had to launch that ball ... 40 yards. (Box score calls it a 37 yard TD.) That just doesn't seem right. 

The two SU scoring drives were garbage at end of both halfs(80 yards and 75 yards).  Rest of game SU offense ran 36 plays for 113 yards... 3.1 yards per play.

• Upvote 2