SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

These voters actually watch the games.

And most are fair, even the Bison ones, when it comes to UND.  Not sure if I'm the only SS regular who votes in that poll - anyone else?  This one was a crapshoot.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Wow I think the AGS poll has Nichols way higher than any other poll.  I can see that, and that's good to see after the beating they put on us last year.

Nichols has looked good so far.   A scoring machine

27 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

While just about every top team in the FCS was impacted by players transferring or entering the 2021 NFL Draft, the Fighting Hawks did not lose any impact players.

Clearly Sam didn't talk to Rob Thomas and the Flopper.

• Upvote 1

I have been pleasantly surprised with the postings in other sites concerning UND. There is quite a bit of respect given because it was earned. There will always be the ones that are talking out of their butt. Win and the respect will come. 

Most losing teams will say they would win if they played again. I guess that is normal.

Excited for tomorrow night against the usds. Every week is a challenge and we can't take any games off and expect good results. Personally, we haven't won enough for me to be confident playing any team. Though, I don't feel like other years where I felt it was going to be a disaster watching the other team push us around with nothing we could do about it.

Knock on wood, as far as I know, we haven't had the injury bug yet. That helps!

Good luck to us!!

• Upvote 2

Watched the highlights of IS and USD - any team that has 7 turnovers is probably going to lose the game and IS only lost by 7 points and was driving to tie the game when they got intercepted. We've been on the winning side of the turnover game by design this year, just gotta hope that is a trend not luck.

I know the last two years we have lost at least two close games because of one untimely turnover - the muffed punt from the end zone and fumbling into the end zone on a sure touchdown - so it's our turn to get the breaks, as proven by Weah's fumble that bounced back into his hands. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I have been pleasantly surprised with the postings in other sites concerning UND. There is quite a bit of respect given because it was earned. There will always be the ones that are talking out of their butt. Win and the respect will come. 

Most losing teams will say they would win if they played again. I guess that is normal.

Excited for tomorrow night against the usds. Every week is a challenge and we can't take any games off and expect good results. Personally, we haven't won enough for me to be confident playing any team. Though, I don't feel like other years where I felt it was going to be a disaster watching the other team push us around with nothing we could do about it.

Knock on wood, as far as I know, we haven't had the injury bug yet. That helps!

Good luck to us!!

I'm nervous about NG.  We have 2 reserves out with injuries.  We need to rotate to keep fresh.

This guy has an awesome twitter account to follow and I'm extremely jealous of him.... goes to multiple games a week.  I think he's been to every FBS stadium, and is doing the FCS now due to the opportunity with the spring season.  He's heading to UND on Thursday for his second game here this year.  He really liked the setup, which says a lot since he's been to so many stadiums.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big Green said:

Hell No.  That is the one thing that would make me stop watching the Vikings.  I can't root for a former NDSU QB.  Nope Never.

Sorry but Lance is a heck of a QB and Ex-Bison or not he gives the Vikings the best shot to win.  Chances are anyway that he'll be gone before the Vikings would have a shot at drafting him.  That's the last I'll say about this.

6 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Canady is right, they have won big games before...along with some of the other upper class.  But I think they all remember what happened afterwards.  Plus we have a young QB, who seems to be so laid back and still focusing on just trying to get better.  Hope this is the perfect mix of being confident, but not too full of themselves all year. 

14 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Sorry but Lance is a heck of a QB and Ex-Bison or not he gives the Vikings the best shot to win.  Chances are anyway that he'll be gone before the Vikings would have a shot at drafting him.  That's the last I'll say about this.

i guess we will find out if he is or isnt a great QB...not alot of film to say for sure.  one year as a starter, and the competition last year wasnt as good as the Bizon had played in years past.  time will tell, but i wouldnt pay first round money to find out

4 hours ago, 1972 said:

i guess we will find out if he is or isnt a great QB...not alot of film to say for sure.  one year as a starter, and the competition last year wasnt as good as the Bizon had played in years past.  time will tell, but i wouldnt pay first round money to find out

My feel is it's too risky, just like the Wentz mistake. Did Philly trip - trade up to pick high? LOL

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hambone said:

And most are fair, even the Bison ones, when it comes to UND.  Not sure if I'm the only SS regular who votes in that poll - anyone else?  This one was a crapshoot.....

Agreed, most of the Bison fans that vote or comment on the AGS poll are pretty reasonable. They may not like seeing UND high, or playing well, but they seem pretty realistic about what they see out of every team.

21 hours ago, nodak651 said:

This guy has an awesome twitter account to follow and I'm extremely jealous of him.... goes to multiple games a week.  I think he's been to every FBS stadium, and is doing the FCS now due to the opportunity with the spring season.  He's heading to UND on Thursday for his second game here this year.  He really liked the setup, which says a lot since he's been to so many stadiums.

I saw this earlier in the week. Here's his write-up on his Alerus Center visit: https://fifthquarter.net/fifth-quarter/cfb-campus-tour/2021/02/25/cfb-campus-tour-fcs-week-1-recap-three-domes-in-three-days/

image.thumb.png.56f505d7db63a14c31d331c6bb8ea63c.png

I found it interesting that he thought so highly of the Alerus, but it's nice to hear that from someone who has seen many stadiums.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I saw this earlier in the week. Here's his write-up on his Alerus Center visit: https://fifthquarter.net/fifth-quarter/cfb-campus-tour/2021/02/25/cfb-campus-tour-fcs-week-1-recap-three-domes-in-three-days/

image.thumb.png.56f505d7db63a14c31d331c6bb8ea63c.png

I found it interesting that he thought so highly of the Alerus, but it's nice to hear that from someone who has seen many stadiums.

It was nice to see that someone hooked him up with hockey tickets as well that weekend.

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, nodak651 said:

I think its a fair criticism when UND should be trying to build its fan base.  The schedule doesn't say ESPN3/+ to let people know that it will at least be on one of those services, and the game notes imply that there is no streaming option: "For the first time since Nov. 30, 2019, North Dakota football is set to take the field against Southern Illinois on Saturday afternoon from the Alerus Center. Fans can watch the contest on MidcoSN with Alex Heinert and Ryan Kasowski on the call or tune into the Home of Economy Radio Network with Jack Michaels and Tom Dosch."

Fans who are indiferent arent going to look any deeper than that.  Its UND's responsibility to get the word out - its called marketing.

One more thing for me to complain about and I'll stop, but it would be nice for there to be landing page on fightinghwaks.com for football gameday, or at least a more recent football article than March 1st.  Pretty sure the landing page the whole week leading up the the home opener was for hockey puck drop that evening.

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

One more thing for me to complain about and I'll stop, but it would be nice for there to be landing page on fightinghwaks.com for football gameday, or at least a more recent football article than March 1st.  Pretty sure the landing page the whole week leading up the the home opener was for hockey puck drop that evening.

You sure seem like a avid fan. Hang in there my friend, it'll getter better as the wins come.
Works that way all across American. Let's put another W in the bucket today.

• Upvote 1