SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if dalton gee is in he's probably tackled for a big loss...as awesome as otis's play was there THREE jacks inthe backfield.  not good but with OW skill set he took it to the house.

when people are wondering why dalton was the starter they can point to this play as being a "GAME WINNER"...if iirc it was on third down?  if dalton gets tackled for a loss we probably and punt and who knows what happens

otis>luke>gee

However, Gee and Skokna can catch. Otis may have the worst hands I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think Gee helps keep both Skokna and Otis fresh.  I like Otis getting 10 to 15 carries because he is taking a lot of punishment.  Keep him fresh for the 3rd and 4th when the d is worn down.  Plus its a long season.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I think Gee helps keep both Skokna and Otis fresh.  I like Otis getting 10 to 15 carries because he is taking a lot of punishment.  Keep him fresh for the 3rd and 4th when the d is worn down.  Plus its a long season.

I agree it's good to keep the main backs fresh, but would also love to see Mitchell take some of his reps.  Not sure how well Mitchell pass blocks though.  

I just remember one play where there was a huge hole on the left side of the field and Gee was too slow to get there.  Otis, Skokna, Mitchell would have had 10+ yards easy I think.  Gee got caught by the DE at the line of scrimmage.  Overall, I'm fine with the distribution of snaps during the last game and I'll trust the coaches.

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I am sure that many have seen the picture of four guys from Moorhead at the SDSU game.  One was Feeney, who were the others?  I hope Altepeter and Teiken!!

I did not see the pic but Im hoping those two were at that game. Would be huge gets for the program. Anyone have the pic?

28 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Well, then we have great ways to utilize all 3. Screen passes to Gee and Skokna are acceptable.

But you have to run them also to keep the defenses honest. 

Why start Gee? To make the defense cover everything and to allow the OL to beat on the opposing DL for a few plays and still have a fresh power back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Gee knows the playbook the best, has solid hands and is a good blocker while still being a running threat. That's why he's seeing the field. Its not like he's eating into carries that should be going somwhere else and the rotation is good for keeping everyone strong for the second half. Different skill sets are being used to keep the defense honest. Alot of the times Gee is in the backfield is when Skokna is running all kinds of motion around the formation.

Carries through 2 games:
Gee - 12 (8 and 4) plus 2 receptions
Weah - 30 (13 and 17) plus 1 reception
Skokna - 19 (9 and 10) plus 5 receptions

Gee is solid. He’s just not mercurial like Otis. Fans gravitate to mercurial guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

Trey Feeney (@FeeneyTrey) / Twitter

I believe the one in the ND Sweatshirt is Altepeter.  Teiken might be the one next to him in white shirt.

EDIT:  This is based on their 247 profile pictures.

Jack Teiken, Moorhead, Strong-Side Defensive End (247sports.com)

Austin Altepeter, Moorhead, Outside Linebacker (247sports.com)

Trey is gonna be a key recruiter for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do you think NDSU missed the boat on Trey, Otis.  Those 3 stars from Iowa were the cream of the crop.  I saw how UND took risk on injured players, Skokna, MN RB Gavin and Otis as academic.  UND put the time in recruiting and developing players.  Players understand UND cares about them as a person.

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Do you think NDSU missed the boat on Trey, Otis.  Those 3 stars from Iowa were the cream of the crop.  I saw how UND took risk on injured players, Skokna, MN RB Gavin and Otis as academic.  UND put the time in recruiting and developing players.  Players understand UND cares about them as a person.

Some of it is luck too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Players understand UND cares about them as a person.

When I read the commitment tweets, it sure seems like the recruiters have developed special relationships with the players.  This is paying off big time. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i remember miller talking up burian yet the true freshman bo b is getting more reps than him....did bo not stick out to most including miller or does miller not know what to look for?

I think there was plenty of talk on Belquist as well.  I think he is more of a position fit to Bomtmans reps.   Burian is 6’4” big WR.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i remember miller talking up burian yet the true freshman bo b is getting more reps than him....did bo not stick out to most including miller or does miller not know what to look for?

Miller talked up the New Rockford Rocket plenty during camp.  And Miller was correct. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

But you have to run them also to keep the defenses honest. 

Why start Gee? To make the defense cover everything and to allow the OL to beat on the opposing DL for a few plays and still have a fresh power back. 

You may be right on this as to why they start Gee.  However I think SKokna can do everything Gee can, not sure on blocking.  Gee does need to get some reps to save wear on the other two.  I would just like more production early in the game and/or on the first drive.  Hopefully the defense breaks the streak of giving up an easy TD on first drive this week. 

I wouldn't be giving Mitchell Gee's carries though like the one poster mentioned.  Gee knows the offense, can block, hasn't made any mistakes.  I'm sure the coaches feel much more comfortable with him in there instead of a true freshman.   Hopefully Mitchell can get some more carries later in the season.