SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

12 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Great win, but like others are saying this is the real test. Don’t want everyone getting caught up seeing us being ranked now only to lay an egg this weekend. I expect the boys to be ready though. I am guessing zero chance Boltmann is back?

I think you are right, seems he is at least a couple weeks from returning.

6 minutes ago, homer said:

We have been here before and always lay an egg the following week   EWU last year   Idaho St the last two years   Idaho in 2018   I’m sure I could go back to 2017.   Saturday was a lot of fun at the Alerus but this team should not be satisfied.  We have beat ranked teams before   

I don’t disagree. Just seemed quiet regarding that. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

So no one’s going to mention UND jumped to #14 in the STATS poll?

Too big of a jump.  I just hope the players heads don't get too big.  They still have a lot to prove.  Seen too many times over the years that we pick up what seems to be a huge win and it turns out the opponent was not as good as thought.  Go out and beat SDSU this weekend and prove last week was not a fluke.

• Upvote 2

I really like the attitude it appears most have here about Game 1. Consistency along with not being able to capitalize on momentum have really been UND's Achilles heel under Bubba. They need to prove it consistently. Huge opportunity against SDSU. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I believe NDSU wanted both Nelson and Fort, so there are two battles on DBs we have won. This might not be a popular take, but the kids that are making NDSU tick are still Kleiman recruits. If there is any drop off at all in the product on the field in Fargo, it could be in part to Entz and his staff not being as steady in recruiting as the past staff. 

Canady was heavily recruited also

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I believe NDSU wanted both Nelson and Fort, so there are two battles on DBs we have won. This might not be a popular take, but the kids that are making NDSU tick are still Kleiman recruits. If there is any drop off at all in the product on the field in Fargo, it could be in part to Entz and his staff not being as steady in recruiting as the past staff. 

The jury is still out on Entz in my book, but the recruiting certainly doesn’t appear to have dropped off in his first two/three classes. We’ll see if the player development is able to keep pace in the next couple of years.

Jalen Bussey, Kobe Johnson, Dominic Ganella are all contributing already and we’ll have to see on others. Not a ton to go on just yet, this spring season and the fall will be the first real look we have at Entz’ guys.

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The jury is still out on Entz in my book, but the recruiting certainly doesn’t appear to have dropped off in his first two/three classes. We’ll see if the player development is able to keep pace in the next couple of years.

Jalen Bussey, Kobe Johnson, Dominic Ganella are all contributing already and we’ll have to see on others. Not a ton to go on just yet, this spring season and the fall will be the first real look we have at Entz’ guys.

Way too early to judge recruiting.  What did you think of Bison offense last game.  Defense was stellar.

8 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Way too early to judge recruiting.  What did you think of Bison offense last game.  Defense was stellar.

The offense didn’t look great. In Noland it appears for the first time in over a decade we don’t have a QB who will change the game with his legs. His arm looks strong, but he was inaccurate at times. How much of that is first game jitters/early season lack of timing? It’s hard to say. Losing Seth Wilson again is a real bummer, he was the best all around back we had in my opinion. We’ll see, should be an interesting spring season here. If the offense does take a significant step back, hopefully the defense is strong enough to set the offense up with great field position and solid opportunities.

5 hours ago, homer said:

We have been here before and always lay an egg the following week   EWU last year   Idaho St the last two years   Idaho in 2018   I’m sure I could go back to 2017.   Saturday was a lot of fun at the Alerus but this team should not be satisfied.  We have beat ranked teams before   

Coming in ranked to the Alerus is not something any team wants to do, maybe not so much that they are likely to lose, but that their whole season is about to fall apart and rendering UND’s win as not “quality”

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

The offense didn’t look great. In Noland it appears for the first time in over a decade we don’t have a QB who will change the game with his legs. His arm looks strong, but he was inaccurate at times. How much of that is first game jitters/early season lack of timing? It’s hard to say. Losing Seth Wilson again is a real bummer, he was the best all around back we had in my opinion. We’ll see, should be an interesting spring season here. If the offense does take a significant step back, hopefully the defense is strong enough to set the offense up with great field position and solid opportunities.

Good assessment.  Seven more games to go.