SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Looks like a party line vote...which is an odd thing to say when hiring a university President.

The dissenting opion of the regent who claimed the real travesty was that the board was the only thing not 100% controlled by her party was terrifying.

What a disaster.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND should see a substantial check in the mail from KEM any day now!! 

What if the replacement president isn’t up to her “standards”. Is she going to use the “no check” card again? 

• Upvote 2

THANK goodness for Mark Kennedy and Brian Jones.....at least there's been something of interest on this board rather than some blather about a 5th rate 'niche' sport that is of very  little interest or  has much following in the USA....

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, John W. said:

THANK goodness for Mark Kennedy and Brian Jones.....at least there's been something of interest on this board rather than some blather about a 5th rate 'niche' sport that is of very  little interest or  has much following in the USA....

From what I understand its been a huge gong show behind the scenes. Plus if only half the stuff comes out it will be cannon fodder for a very long time.

DISCLAIMER - I'm completely agnostic about Kennedy and Colorado, and I think the politicization of the CU process as I watched it unfold was a joke.

But I'm curious...if you're a regent who will vote both resolutely and unanimously with your peers in private, but are so obviously willing to cave to public pressure, why on earth would you advance only a single candidate for further consideration?  Especially if you're predictably in the ideological/political minority on the board?  You've basically f**k-teased your constituents by pretending to care -- and will forever get to pass yourself off as a righteous and noble champion for the oppressed -- by casting what you knew all along would be a purely token vote, because thanks to you there wasn't a moderate or less polarizing choice given, let alone one to espouse your own preferred world views.  Not only did you lose today, but you exposed yourself as an incompetent d-bag.  Will anyone vote to reelect these people?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Will anyone vote to reelect these people?

Yes. The will vote exactly as they are programed to. 

You saw exactly what happens when the outragebots were activated, and this was just due to a vote 20 years ago, that didntbgo their way ... 20 years later.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Am I the only one who wanted him to not get the CU Later job for the sheer entertainment of watching the fallout of him pretending he hadn’t resigned?

Cause the past 15 years of $hit shows at UND have been entertaining enough?!!

• Like 1