SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

20 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Create a new logo.... not rocket science 

That ship has sailed. We have a new logo and brand. It is what it is , who cares?  We need to focus on what is best for the University, our students and our athletic programs. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

That ship has sailed. We have a new logo and brand. It is what it is , who cares?  We need to focus on what is best for the University, our students and our athletic programs. 

Logos and names don’t win games. Never have, never will.

• Upvote 4

On 4/12/2019 at 5:51 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

On 4/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

On 4/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

This is our president. How does our president get into a mess like this. Is this an indication of the lack of competence of our president? I am afraid so. 

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Being that Kennedy is now gone and UND will be starting the process of picking a new president, should it high time that this thread gets retired to the scrap heap?

From Kennedy's response to the NDUS chancellor's acceptance of the  “de facto notice of resignation,” did Kennedy actually put his resignation in like he said he would if he takes the job in CO? 

“This letter confirms that I have not resigned my position as the president of the University of North Dakota,” Kennedy wrote. “If I were to resign at some point in the future, I will provide you with written notice of my resignation.”

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

From Kennedy's response to the de facto acceptance of his resignation, did Kennedy actually put his resignation in to SBoHE like he said he would if he takes the job in CO?

It just got awkward. Might have been better to say nothing from the start. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Sadly moo you has more notoriety that our ugly f hawks logo. Wining championships and advancing in the big dance helps

yeah...the buckin' bison is iconic when it comes to logo branding...

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Merch sales have never, and will never be the butter for our bread.

What does butter our bread?  Just curious because people seem to be complaining about money quite a bit around here.  

40 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Merch sales have never, and will never be the butter for our bread.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

What does butter our bread?  Just curious because people seem to be complaining about money quite a bit around here.  

Right now, we are still using the old Division 2 funding model of Season Ticket sales, Champions Club memberships and 50/50 raffles. And that won't cut it in Division 1 athletics. We need to start thinking outside the box or we'll remain a bargain-basement/shoestring budget Division 1 school. In other words, a colder, more northern version of Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2019 at 9:41 PM, Cratter said:

On 5/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, southpaw said:

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

I know several faculty on both sides of the political aisle that likely cheered. MK made few friends at UND and it has more to do with his lack of tact, transparency, and just general leadership than it does budget cuts. People can understand budget cuts. However he did so with the grace of a blind surgeon using a rusty machete who ignored everything his nurses told him. 

• Upvote 3