SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

Other than being ND Attorney General, please show me Heidi Heitkamp's experience as chief executive officer or chief financial officer in any organization and as such having ultimate and final fiscal decision power. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Other than being ND Attorney General, please show me Heidi Heitkamp's experience as chief executive officer or chief financial officer in any organization and as such having ultimate and final fiscal decision power. 

Tom Clifford was not a CEO or a CFO prior to becoming the UND president, and he's the greatest president we've had and will probably ever have. Yes, he was a dean of a college prior, but at the same time, HH was director of Dakota Gasification, which came with a board position (I think those folks have fiscal say). 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You are talking about MK I hope.

Oh and you forgot playing the racism and sexism cards.

The meddling with the UNLV presidency is a bad look for KEM, sorry.   If we want to rebrand it as activist investing in lieu of philanthropy, then I'm cool with the whole thing.  

https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2018/4/17/unlv-len-jessup-engelstad-family-foundation

“Even with philanthropy," McGarry continued, "it’s a transaction, and both parties have to fulfill their end, and they did not."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Please elaborate while leaving her politics out of it - since you believe that wasn't a deciding factor.  Only that she didn't care about the state. 

I could care less how she voted, the fact remains that she lost the confidence of the people of ND, why should they trust that she will represent UND?

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Tact means you know how to talk to people to achieve your overall goals and objectives. It does not mean you refuse to make tough decisions when necessary. People skills matter.

Tact goes both ways and Kennedy was given a bad deal to start out, he made cuts that were not friendly to some and it hurt their little feelings but would you rather be strung along or just cut off quickly? There were a lot of people and things that did not help UND out any longer and they needed to be removed, it sucks but its life.

It also didn't help that you had a donor with daddy's money, running to the paper every time something didn't go her way.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

The meddling with the UNLV presidency is a bad look for KEM, sorry.   If we want to rebrand it as activist investing in lieu of philanthropy, then I'm cool with the whole thing.  

https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2018/4/17/unlv-len-jessup-engelstad-family-foundation

She should just stop donating her dads money then. I can't stand how she feels that she can dictate how a donation is used.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

She should just stop donating her dads money then. I can't stand how she feels that she can dictate how a donation is used.

If Brewster, Jones, and Pryor want a hawk on the court let 'em have the god damn hawk.  Good Christ.   

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/education/4446413-emails-show-kennedy-engelstad-feud-centered-logo-betty

Please read and tell me who comes off as the voice of reason.   

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

So you were pretty upset with Ray Richards then huh?

1 hour ago, 777sioux777 said:

Tom Clifford was not a CEO or a CFO prior to becoming the UND president, and he's the greatest president we've had and will probably ever have. Yes, he was a dean of a college prior, but at the same time, HH was director of Dakota Gasification, which came with a board position (I think those folks have fiscal say). 

I serve on a board similar to Dakota Gasification. There's a huge difference between that and being the CFO. 

Being a Dean is a chief executive position within that sub-organization. (This is where Heitkamp's time as AG would be comparable, AG being a sub-org in State government.) 

Why is Heidi getting bashed when it was a simple thought thrown out in the media. No offer has been made, it was just a thought? Can't the politics wait until it becomes something?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Tact goes both ways and Kennedy was given a bad deal to start out, he made cuts that were not friendly to some and it hurt their little feelings but would you rather be strung along or just cut off quickly? There were a lot of people and things that did not help UND out any longer and they needed to be removed, it sucks but its life.

It also didn't help that you had a donor with daddy's money, running to the paper every time something didn't go her way.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending KEM. I don't like her and think she is a spoiled little rich girl who wants everyone to bow down to her. She is also not an honest broker. I just wish Kennedy had risen above her pettiness and at least tried to be tactful in dealing with what is a sensitive topic (distribution of REA revenues).

I dislike both of them for different reasons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Apples and oranges, both in amounts of money and overall impact.

The point is that he dictated how he wanted the land to be used.  UND didn’t have to accept the donation if they didn’t like the purpose.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

The point is that he dictated how he wanted the land to be used.  UND didn’t have to accept the donation if they didn’t like the purpose.

Times change and half the land was bought by UND. 

5 hours ago, 777sioux777 said:

There is a big push now to have women on the boards.

But each director supposedly has different expertise.  In HH's case, it's PR and government affairs.

I would support HH to run UND.    She's proven she can be diplomatic about things,  she's a Democrat who has had a fair amount of success in a Republican state so you know she can at least build support where it's needed.

56 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I would support HH to run UND.    She's proven she can be diplomatic about things,  she's a Democrat who has had a fair amount of success in a Republican state so you know she can at least build support where it's needed.

HH would not have a phome call returned by most of the legislature.

They HATE her and her family.

Really that relationship is a nonstarter.