SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

40 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bresciani - "Make them squirm"
Morton - "Yes master"

Right. Like Morton wouldn't let UND hang in the wind. I predict Kennedy’s going to come out of this as UND president, with an extension and a raise. And there will be a celebratory party at the large house on 12th and University in Fargo. If for whatever reason Bresciani was on the hot seat, he likely has an open checkbook with signed checks right now. 

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

As far as interim president, a few years ago the board appointed the BSC president to serve as interim chancellor for a while before hiring Hagerott.  It'd be interesting to see them do something similar, appointing Minot's Shirley as interim UND president while doing the search for the full time president.  Would give him a little test run before making their choice to go with him or look elsewhere.

Raise your hand if you would give up your current job for 6 months at a new one with no guarantee you'll be hired and you're unlikely to go back to your previous one.

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Raise your hand if you would give up your current job for 6 months at a new one with no guarantee you'll be hired and you're unlikely to go back to your previous one.

They put the BSC president back at BSC, which is why I made the comparison.

Cupcake, then Kelley, then Kennedy.  Let's get it right this time.  Someone that can relate to our ND roots and culture; no politicians this time.  And in the meantime, don't bring in Ed for a 2nd time.  His legacy is the piss poor white dove we have as his choice for the "need to get it right logo" to overcome the generic name we chose.

• Upvote 4

Kennedy has a very compelling story to tell:

- was a CFO at a large corporation

- was a Congressman with requisite political skills

- Has Higher Ed admin capabilities at two schools

Someone with that resume would be wanted at almost any University system.  Being chancellor of a system is probably much more down his line.  Most U’s, especially AAU ones like Boulder, require a PhD candidate.  A system chancellor deals more with $’.

Kennedy is always after more authority and responsibility, as most politicians and corporate people are.  Money may be a factor, but far from the predominate one.  Kelley and Kupchella weren’t actually ambitious and aspirational enough.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The claim that Kennedy was wholly unequalified and yet has been approached about multiple opportunities to move up, some that have been made public, some that he turned down, just reinforces the click-bait nature of this article that let's McFeely take a potshot at the NDGOP from his perch in Moorhead. 

• Upvote 2

Mcfooley is just that

a fool

he goes to great lengths put UND down whenever he can

this self righteous sob will someday get his due.

he reminds me of the the people that preach self righteous BS and then soon you see their name in the paper for doing that exact same thing

his day will come

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Right or wrong there is a reason why they say that some people have "f*ck you money".

I definitely don't disagree, money talks, I just think that quote was very telling. I mean, it isn't like UND had 3 presidents in a row that were exactly the same, so it is a certain personality that is causing the issue. Toss in the documented disagreements with UNLV and a pretty clear pattern starts to develop. 

I fully understand not wanting to be a passive donor, especially when giving donations of that size, but there is a fine line between having a say and acting like you know what's best for the institution you're donating to and causing problems.

Despite what you think of Heitkamp's politics, what McFeely says is true. She would not be using the job as a stepping stone to something better like Kennedy has, and she has a great personality for the job - she'll have a beer with anyone. Nonetheless, it's a long shot, but worth thinking about. 

In the meantime, get Ed Schafer back to campus to be the interim president while the mess gets sorted out. I was a student when he was interim President in 2016 and he was a great presence to have on campus (way more visible than Kennedy, struck up conversations with students, and even taught a leadership class). 

• Upvote 3