SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, John W. said:

THANK goodness for Mark Kennedy and Brian Jones.....at least there's been something of interest on this board rather than some blather about a 5th rate 'niche' sport that is of very  little interest or  has much following in the USA....

We get it...you’re not a hockey fan.  Good for you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

From what I understand its been a huge gong show behind the scenes. Plus if only half the stuff comes out it will be cannon fodder for a very long time.

Why don’t you share it??

I was glad when Kuppy left and I'm glad now.   Main objective going forward is going to be that we don't pull a CU and turn our hiring process into a Gong Show event.   Don't assume that someone can't find a way to totally screw up who we get.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Kennedy did a lot of good for the University.  The next president will be rewarded.  I know some profs cried over losing positions.  I expense needed to be trim.  Same with W/H. And other.  If could have been a smoocher like Glass he would have been a hero.  He did his job and moved on.  Next president gets the credit.

How long before the new president gets harped on by the media (Brad) about reinstating women’s hockey? Brad won’t quit until there are 40 fans cheering the women on in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

How long before the new president gets harped on by the media (Jacobs) about reinstating women’s hockey? Jacobs won’t quit until there are 40 fans cheering the women on in the playoffs.

FYP, he has been a worse offender.

A new president won't open that box (you can't bring just one sport back, you have to bring them all back... this is what people don't get... also just imaging the uproar in the departments who have been deeply cut.)

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

How long before the new president gets harped on by the media (Brad) about reinstating women’s hockey? Brad won’t quit until there are 40 fans cheering the women on in the playoffs.

Well, he’s about 35 fans short.

• Upvote 4

Hopefully the next president can pick us a new logo. So embarrassing traveling around the US and people think the logo on your hat is a philli eagles logo. So much for setting our identity. This is why many can’t move on from the Sioux logo....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hopefully the next president can pick us a new logo. So embarrassing traveling around the US and people think the logo on your hat is a philli eagles logo. So much for setting our identity. This is why many can’t move on from the Sioux logo....

Just to clarify, Kennedy didn't pick the current logo.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Just to clarify, Kennedy didn't pick the current logo.

Wasn’t blaming him. I liked Kennedy and everything he did at UND and I wish he wouldn’t have left. I blame old man Eddy and Kennedy obviously didn’t make it a priority to fix this huge mistake

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So, the standard for a “good” logo is whether you encounter people who don’t recognize it? Wow. So I guess the Brien Sioux being confused with the Blackhawks was the death knell for that one. And the interlocking ND with Notre Dame...that one never stood a chance.

Hate to say it, but right now Mark Kennedy being a controversial CU hire is 10000% more perceptible to the public than the Sioux, the Hawks, the Ralph, the 8 hockey titles, the campus, the academics, and everything else that you appear to think that UND is, combined.

UND has an identity. UND is UND. UND will never have anything close to the brand recognition or market penetration of mid-level D1 schools, let alone professional sports franchises. And no logo will ever change that.

Not understanding “identity” is why people can’t move on.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not that I tilt in her direction politically but when does MEK and/or UND make a call to Heidi and ask "You interested?" IMO she could do the job.

So the complaint with Kennedy was a "tone deaf politico with a penchant for angering segments of the constituency" ... and you want to replace with a tone deaf politico with a penchant for angering segments of the constituency. 

lqKlotB.png

I won't defend Kennedy, but at least he had proven fiscal (CFO) and academic (GWU) chops before his arrival. 

• Upvote 3