Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frozen4sioux

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Recommended Posts

On 5/2/2019 at 3:57 PM, John W. said:

THANK goodness for Mark Kennedy and Brian Jones.....at least there's been something of interest on this board rather than some blather about a 5th rate 'niche' sport that is of very  little interest or  has much following in the USA....

You mean those sold out arenas in Carolina, Dallas and San Jose? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

HH would not have a phome call returned by most of the legislature.

They HATE her and her family.

Really that relationship is a nonstarter.

For those this is true about it says  more about them than HH. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd like to see Morgan Olsen but I fear that bridge was burned (charges set and detonated, dropped in the river, floated down river, set adrift at sea) last time. 

Someone from that has a history with the University of North Dakota. Seems like a good choice. Has a higher education background. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I will admit that Kennedy had some faults but I am able to over look them due to his honest assessment of the University as a whole. He made a lot of tough decisions and I believe he put the University in a better position for the future. KEM is just a spoiled B^&*( who doesn't care about the betterment of the University as a whole.

Agreed. If given the option, I'd take Kennedy again for the past 3 years. Made some tough decisions but made the University better for it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Agreed. If given the option, I'd take Kennedy again for the past 3 years. Made some tough decisions but made the University better for it. 

Like I’ve said before, people will look back and be grateful for what he did but not how he did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Like I’ve said before, people will look back and be grateful for what he did but not how he did it.

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

Let be real, the faculty will hate anybody who cuts their programs, because each department head thinks they are the most important thing on campus and doesn't think they should cut anything*

*Direct quote from my late advisor, who was at UND for 35 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southpaw said:

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

Mouth breathers?  How do you really feel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Mouth breathers?  How do you really feel?

ask easton stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 10:46 PM, southpaw said:

Definitely should have kept the interlocking ND because that was original and never got confused with another team...

At least that logo wasn’t ugly and you could at least make out what it stood for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

So, the standard for a “good” logo is whether you encounter people who don’t recognize it? Wow. So I guess the Brien Sioux being confused with the Blackhawks was the death knell for that one. And the interlocking ND with Notre Dame...that one never stood a chance.

Hate to say it, but right now Mark Kennedy being a controversial CU hire is 10000% more perceptible to the public than the Sioux, the Hawks, the Ralph, the 8 hockey titles, the campus, the academics, and everything else that you appear to think that UND is, combined.

UND has an identity. UND is UND. UND will never have anything close to the brand recognition or market penetration of mid-level D1 schools, let alone professional sports franchises. And no logo will ever change that.

Not understanding “identity” is why people can’t move on.

I always got shout outs in the airports across the country with my sioux gear on. Now there has hardly been nothing with fhawks. What makes it even worse is when people think it’s the Eagles. It’s sad that people who know the Sioux logo have no idea what this new logo is. I have never had anyone mistake the Sioux logo for a Blackhawks logo especially if they were hockey fans....

Its a joke and needs to be fixed. 

I met a guy in Missouri who went to school at Bemidji and had no clue what my hat was. That is a shame.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably happe

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I always got shout outs in the airports across the country with my sioux gear on. Now there has hardly been nothing with fhawks. What makes it even worse is when people think it’s the Eagles. It’s sad that people who know the Sioux logo have no idea what this new logo is. I have never had anyone mistake the Sioux logo for a Blackhawks logo especially if they were hockey fans....

Its a joke and needs to be fixed. 

I met a guy in Missouri who went to school at Bemidji and had no clue what my hat was. That is a shame.

probably happens as much as bucknell fans giving shout outs to ndac fans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I always got shout outs in the airports across the country with my sioux gear on. Now there has hardly been nothing with fhawks. What makes it even worse is when people think it’s the Eagles. It’s sad that people who know the Sioux logo have no idea what this new logo is. I have never had anyone mistake the Sioux logo for a Blackhawks logo especially if they were hockey fans....

Its a joke and needs to be fixed. 

I met a guy in Missouri who went to school at Bemidji and had no clue what my hat was. That is a shame.

And how would you fix it?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southpaw said:

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

There’s something other then hockey? Do we have these things at UND? These other things need money? They also must have really long history of national success then.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And how would you fix it?

Anyone notice Sam's Club quit selling fighting hawks stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

There’s something other then hockey? Do we have these things at UND? These other things need money? They also must have really long history of national success then.

What are we, the third or fourth most western team in college hockey? Sounds pretty national.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

At least that logo wasn’t ugly and you could at least make out what it stood for.

Notre Dame?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see McFooley is already writing stories about Kennedy being the next President of Colorado, all based on his bias and upset about the wage.

must be tough  to be so pure and almighty as that fool.’cant wait until the stink hits him sometime.

wonder if he has ever written something bad about his alma mater. I’m sure  he will follow the next president of UND and if not to his liking more stories will follow.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see McFooley is already writing stories about Kennedy being the next President of Colorado, all based on his bias and upset about the wage.

must be tough  to be so pure and almighty as that fool.’cant wait until the stink hits him sometime.

wonder if he has ever written something bad about his alma mater. I’m sure  he will follow the next president of UND and if not to his liking more stories will follow.

Clicks.  That's all he is asked to produce.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

And how would you fix it?

Adopting the Brien hawk logo would be a start.

The hockey team putting on their jersey would take it to another level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Adopting the Brien hawk logo would be a start.

The hockey team putting on their jersey would take it to another level.

Omg

no!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Clicks.  That's all he is asked to produce.

I think anyone who pays for him to write I would not buy their product. I don’t see a useful purpose in his writings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...