SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

On 5/2/2019 at 3:57 PM, John W. said:

THANK goodness for Mark Kennedy and Brian Jones.....at least there's been something of interest on this board rather than some blather about a 5th rate 'niche' sport that is of very  little interest or  has much following in the USA....

You mean those sold out arenas in Carolina, Dallas and San Jose? 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

HH would not have a phome call returned by most of the legislature.

They HATE her and her family.

Really that relationship is a nonstarter.

For those this is true about it says  more about them than HH. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd like to see Morgan Olsen but I fear that bridge was burned (charges set and detonated, dropped in the river, floated down river, set adrift at sea) last time. 

Someone from that has a history with the University of North Dakota. Seems like a good choice. Has a higher education background. 

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I will admit that Kennedy had some faults but I am able to over look them due to his honest assessment of the University as a whole. He made a lot of tough decisions and I believe he put the University in a better position for the future. KEM is just a spoiled B^&*( who doesn't care about the betterment of the University as a whole.

Agreed. If given the option, I'd take Kennedy again for the past 3 years. Made some tough decisions but made the University better for it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Agreed. If given the option, I'd take Kennedy again for the past 3 years. Made some tough decisions but made the University better for it. 

Like I’ve said before, people will look back and be grateful for what he did but not how he did it.

39 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Like I’ve said before, people will look back and be grateful for what he did but not how he did it.

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

I don't see a significant movement in the public opinion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I don't think that's the case, though. The hockey-only mouthbreathers will always side with anything Engelstad and the faculty will hate a Republican who cut programs. 

Let be real, the faculty will hate anybody who cuts their programs, because each department head thinks they are the most important thing on campus and doesn't think they should cut anything*

*Direct quote from my late advisor, who was at UND for 35 years. 

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Mouth breathers?  How do you really feel?

On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

So, the standard for a “good” logo is whether you encounter people who don’t recognize it? Wow. So I guess the Brien Sioux being confused with the Blackhawks was the death knell for that one. And the interlocking ND with Notre Dame...that one never stood a chance.

Hate to say it, but right now Mark Kennedy being a controversial CU hire is 10000% more perceptible to the public than the Sioux, the Hawks, the Ralph, the 8 hockey titles, the campus, the academics, and everything else that you appear to think that UND is, combined.

UND has an identity. UND is UND. UND will never have anything close to the brand recognition or market penetration of mid-level D1 schools, let alone professional sports franchises. And no logo will ever change that.

Not understanding “identity” is why people can’t move on.

I always got shout outs in the airports across the country with my sioux gear on. Now there has hardly been nothing with fhawks. What makes it even worse is when people think it’s the Eagles. It’s sad that people who know the Sioux logo have no idea what this new logo is. I have never had anyone mistake the Sioux logo for a Blackhawks logo especially if they were hockey fans....

Its a joke and needs to be fixed. 

I met a guy in Missouri who went to school at Bemidji and had no clue what my hat was. That is a shame.

• Upvote 1

probably happe

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I always got shout outs in the airports across the country with my sioux gear on. Now there has hardly been nothing with fhawks. What makes it even worse is when people think it’s the Eagles. It’s sad that people who know the Sioux logo have no idea what this new logo is. I have never had anyone mistake the Sioux logo for a Blackhawks logo especially if they were hockey fans....

I met a guy in Missouri who went to school at Bemidji and had no clue what my hat was. That is a shame.

probably happens as much as bucknell fans giving shout outs to ndac fans...

40 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

And how would you fix it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

There’s something other then hockey? Do we have these things at UND? These other things need money? They also must have really long history of national success then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

There’s something other then hockey? Do we have these things at UND? These other things need money? They also must have really long history of national success then.

What are we, the third or fourth most western team in college hockey? Sounds pretty national.

I see McFooley is already writing stories about Kennedy being the next President of Colorado, all based on his bias and upset about the wage.

must be tough  to be so pure and almighty as that fool.’cant wait until the stink hits him sometime.

wonder if he has ever written something bad about his alma mater. I’m sure  he will follow the next president of UND and if not to his liking more stories will follow.

27 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see McFooley is already writing stories about Kennedy being the next President of Colorado, all based on his bias and upset about the wage.

must be tough  to be so pure and almighty as that fool.’cant wait until the stink hits him sometime.

wonder if he has ever written something bad about his alma mater. I’m sure  he will follow the next president of UND and if not to his liking more stories will follow.

Clicks.  That's all he is asked to produce.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Clicks.  That's all he is asked to produce.

I think anyone who pays for him to write I would not buy their product. I don’t see a useful purpose in his writings