SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

14 hours ago, Bison06 said:

And my point, along with others, is to say that 6-5, 7-4, wouldn’t have mattered if you don’t beat Idaho state. It wasn’t the FBS win that kept you out, it was the Idaho state loss.

UND was their only FCS win that year.

13 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Nobody cares what your point was.  

You may not like it, but he is right

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

They had 6, count them, 6 regular season wins.   Now I realize I never attended NDSU, but I was taught that seven is larger than six.  

Your argument would make some sense if the teams had identical regular season records.  UND  beat the number six seed, beat an FBS opponent,  and had one more victory compared to western Illinois.   Western Illinois beat 1 top 10 team from what I can find.  

Against common opponent NDSU, western Illinois got beat a lot worse.  

So again, UND got no credit for beating FBS Wyoming that year.   

You can keep repeating it, but it doesn’t make it true.

You got credit for beating Wyoming, it just wasn’t enough to overcome one of the worst losses in your school’s history.

26 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You can keep repeating it, but it doesn’t make it true.

You got credit for beating Wyoming, it just wasn’t enough to overcome one of the worst losses in your school’s history.

Somehow you can’t see that five losses is more than four. And seven wins is greater than six.  

How many losses should be added and how many wins stripped away because of one bad loss?   Evidently it was 2, because we were still a game better than WIU that year.   So, again, Wyoming counted for nothing.

tell me, is losing to a bad team by 6 worse than losing to a good team by 52?  

UND 37

ISU   31

NDSU  59

WIU       7

i see a couple bad losses there, but maybe that’s just me  

Using your logic, it’s better to lose more games, but not by very much.  

Maybe an 0-8 Valley team that lost all really close games should’ve made it that year.      

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Somehow you can’t see that five losses is more than four. And seven wins is greater than six.  

How many losses should be added and how many wins stripped away because of one bad loss?   Evidently it was 2, because we were still a game better than WIU that year.   So, again, Wyoming counted for nothing.

tell me, is losing to a bad team by 6 worse than losing to a good team by 52?  

UND 37

ISU   31

NDSU  59

WIU       7

i see a couple bad losses there, but maybe that’s just me  

Using your logic, it’s better to lose more games, but not by very much.  

Maybe an 0-8 Valley team that lost all really close games should’ve made it that year.      

If you’ve been following along, I’ve said at least twice that I thought UND should have been in the playoffs in 2015.

My ONLY contention has been that you and/or others have said you were “punished” for winning. Which is clearly asinine.

An argument could be made for any bubble team to make the playoffs in 2015 or any other year. For some reason, which I disagree with, western Illinois made it over UND in 2015. I don’t agree with it, but can disagree with an opinion while still understanding it.

Clearly, the committee thought western Illinois deserved to get it. I’ve been making posts since yesterday trying to understand why they did so, not to justify it.

You keep trying to, “get me” with some sort of argument that I’m not even disagreeing with.

I only disagree with the argument that somehow you were punished for an FBS win. I disagree with that wholeheartedly and believe that the Idaho state loss was your downfall.

7 hours ago, zonadub said:

You may not like it, but he is right

What I meant was that the Idaho State loss is what kept UND out of the playoffs. Bubba has to stop losing to them. 2 non conference games coming up against ISU. They (and EWU) are the one that Bubba can’t seem to overcome.

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We should move up in the polls but I doubt we will.

What? A move up in the polls after a loss?

How could that be?!?!? You mean how you play against good teams matters? (Sarcasm)

I completely agree with you. If polls worked the way they should UND would move up in the polls. Reality says you’ll probably drop a few spot though.

Just now, Bison06 said:

How could that be?!?!? You mean how you play against good teams matters? (Sarcasm)

I completely agree with you. If polls worked the way they should UND would move up in the polls. Reality says you’ll probably drop a few spot though.

The way we get voted for we'll drop out and never resurface.

Just now, Bison06 said:

Because only certain teams get credit for quality losses. The complaint everybody here has. 

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The sad part is I think some here honestly believe this somehow.

UND isn’t special, the NCAA isn’t out to get you.

It’s true dude. It just is. Confirmation bias is a real thing. Until we make a run in the playoffs and aren’t up then down we won’t get respect by voters. Last time they gave us credit we went 3-8. 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

It’s true dude. It just is. Confirmation bias is a real thing. Until we make a run in the playoffs and aren’t up then down we won’t get respect by voters. Last time they gave us credit we went 3-8. 

What’s true?

That there is some sort of conscious vendetta against UND? Patently false.

Or that UND has a history of underperforming in big games(not my opinion or trash talk, many here would agree) and will rarely be on the positive end of the benefit of a doubt? This is an understandable truth, that a committee has an objective reason to choose one team over another when they are forced to split hairs.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What’s true?

That there is some sort of conscious vendetta against UND? Patently false.

Or that UND has a history of underperforming in big games(not my opinion or trash talk, many here would agree) and will rarely be on the positive end of the benefit of a doubt? This is an understandable truth, that a committee has an objective reason to choose one team over another when they are forced to split hairs.

That voters are biased towards familiar teams that don’t typically let them down when ranked. That’s what’s true. Name teams get much more credit.