SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That voters are biased towards familiar teams that don’t typically let them down when ranked. That’s what’s true. Name teams get much more credit.

I agree, but is that unfair? 

You can bet your a$$, that if ndsu goes 7-4 next year they’re getting the benefit of the doubt. UND isn’t alone in their lack of equity with the playoff committee. That’s all I’m saying. It isn’t personal like some here seem to think.

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

If you’ve been following along, I’ve said at least twice that I thought UND should have been in the playoffs in 2015.

My ONLY contention has been that you and/or others have said you were “punished” for winning. Which is clearly asinine.

An argument could be made for any bubble team to make the playoffs in 2015 or any other year. For some reason, which I disagree with, western Illinois made it over UND in 2015. I don’t agree with it, but can disagree with an opinion while still understanding it.

Clearly, the committee thought western Illinois deserved to get it. I’ve been making posts since yesterday trying to understand why they did so, not to justify it.

You keep trying to, “get me” with some sort of argument that I’m not even disagreeing with.

I only disagree with the argument that somehow you were punished for an FBS win. I disagree with that wholeheartedly and believe that the Idaho state loss was your downfall.

I said UND should’ve instead scheduled another Mvfc team, lost, and had a resume to match western Illinois. Not sure where you get the ‘punished’ idea.  

37 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I said UND should’ve instead scheduled another Mvfc team, lost, and had a resume to match western Illinois. Not sure where you get the ‘punished’ idea.  

It’s hard to have a discussion with multiple people at the same time, my apologies if I attributed a quote to you that wasn’t yours.

I can’t keep going round and round with you, clearly the committee thought WIU had a better resume than UND, as other have said, and I’ve agreed, the Idaho state loss was likely the death blow. Just as it may be this year along with deciding to only play 11 games. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

The sad part is I think some here honestly believe this somehow.

UND isn’t special, the NCAA isn’t out to get you.

How about the clueless who vote in polls and mail it in without research or vote based on regional agendas? We will be 7-4 at year end and 3 of our 4 losses will be against ranked teams (E W will win out and crack the poll because of their name.)

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

For those who don’t think coaching makes the difference... who’d’a thought Minnesota would be 9 - 0 and on the brink of winning the B1G West in Fleck’s second year?

I like Fleck a lot, but this is his 3rd year isn't it?

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Speaking of 3... how often will Bubba’s Hawks finish in the top 3 of the MVFC?

UND will have a "learning curve" like NDSU did.  Bohl said the Bison have to get better on both lines when UNI would beat them down when they started the league.

Can UND get into the top half?  Sure.  It will take some time but how long.....probably sooner than later.  But now with UND coming in there will be a 2 team rotation out every year.  And with the Dakota schools always playing each other and put UNI in there....it will be a tough road for any of them.  Eastern teams have a lot easier schedules with UND coming in now because they get 2 Dakotas off the schedule every year.

10 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Speaking of 3... how often will Bubba’s Hawks finish in the top 3 of the MVFC?

Good question. I have watched a fair amount of MVFC games this season. Set aside NDSU because they are in a class of their own, and I see no reason why UND can't win games consistently. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

How many games do our top true freshman have left.  We haven't burned any have we.  Has Skokna played 2...or 3 games?  Would be nice to save him for the playoffs.  How many have Fort and Cochran played? 

It will be interesting to see if Holm plays. If he is for it I would love to see him play a full season next year.