SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

I guess this means there will be very few fans allowed at the Ralph this year too?

I think that's the elephant in the room. You look at what's going on with the NBA and NHL and their bubbles and the fact that a few NFL teams are allowing fans to roll over their season tickets for a year and it doesn't look promising for college athletics having fans present.

59 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I think that's the elephant in the room. You look at what's going on with the NBA and NHL and their bubbles and the fact that a few NFL teams are allowing fans to roll over their season tickets for a year and it doesn't look promising for college athletics having fans present.

The star tribune just ran a story on US Bank stadium no other events this year except Vikings football more then likely fanless, and maybe the mshsl fall team championships. 

Without an effective vaccine or treatment I don’t see any path forward for college sports to be played with fans present. 

The question is, will they allow college football, basketball, and hockey to be played without fans in attendance ?  I’m not entirely convinced this will occur.

I see almost no chance that the Nashville game will be held this year.  They have basically already stated they won’t play the game without fans.

The best hope for all sports getting back to normal is to find an effective treatment. I think this can be accomplished sooner than developing an effective vaccine. 

12 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Without an effective vaccine or treatment I don’t see any path forward for college sports to be played with fans present. 

The question is, will they allow college football, basketball, and hockey to be played without fans in attendance ?  I’m not entirely convinced this will occur.

I see almost no chance that the Nashville game will be held this year.  They have basically already stated they won’t play the game without fans.

The best hope for all sports getting back to normal is to find an effective treatment. I think this can be accomplished sooner than developing an effective vaccine. 

Yes, the virus exists, no question. What's going to be different given the end of September than now, (currently June 23rd?) , more media blowing sh^t and fear because we need round 2 of the wave because it is an election year? Gawd forbid, we just be patient and see how a. month+ of warm weather washes or lessens the virus? Let's continue to overreact and panic with this dog and pony show. It's comical. 

Do you guys realize the 2-week recovery timeframe to recover is a myth? Everyone will react differently, healthy people will recover way sooner than a fake subject matter expert and recommendation of 2-weeks.  Another 2-weeks, let's continue to move the goal post back again, again, and again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rochsioux said:

Leagues that receive big money from television advertising will find a way to broadcast. Gate driven leagues (definitely junior hockey, debatable on college hockey) aren't likely to start on time.

If the next stimulus round passes with the discussed provision that absolves private property owners, mass gatherings, etc. of liability, fans could be allowed to enter at their own risk.

12 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If plane tickets were purchased on a commercial airline pre-COVID can one assume that the airline would work with you if this game is cancelled? 

Nope....unless you have Delta.  I'm currently at $2k+ of airlines credits.  

This isn't the thread however the COVID thread is a mess.  I had COVID and it wasn't that bad at all, however I am younger (mid 30s).  This virus is dangerous for the elderly and folks that have serious respiratory, heart, obesity, etc. issues.  I've tried to stay off this topic, especially the politics behind this, however I am too starting to think the press may be trying to hype this all up.

9 minutes ago, keikla said:

Of course that thread is a mess; it has been from the beginning.  Though, fyi, I am also younger (mid 30s) and healthy and had covid, and it was the most sick I've ever been in my entire life.

For the airlines question, yeah I think just delta is doing full refunds. I booked AA in january for an April conference and only got credit.

I guess I just don't see how this game happens as scheduled. I don't know how they'll be able to say with certainty that there won't be any issues with attendance, restrictions, etc. until immediately beforehand. If they're making a final decision in July, I'm guessing it is postponed indefinitely. 

I could definitely see it cancelled that’s for sure, just not sure if that’s the right call. Either way, hopefully they can book another team/different venue if it is cancelled.

As to covid....you know I probably underplayed it. I was actually pretty sick. The issue for me was how long it lasted (24 days) and the lingering cough (which I still have to this day). But looking back, I was never bedridden just very fatigued. I actually was getting worried I was diabetic or something.  I’ve had hangovers and flu bugs that were significantly worse...but hangovers are gone by evening ( :) ) and the flu typically disappears after 3-4 days.  For me, covid lingered forever. I was popping DayQuil like skittles for like a month. Oh well, in the past 

2 hours ago, keikla said:

Of course that thread is a mess; it has been from the beginning.  Though, fyi, I am also younger (mid 30s) and healthy and had covid, and it was the most sick I've ever been in my entire life.

For the airlines question, yeah I think just delta is doing full refunds. I booked AA in january for an April conference and only got credit.

I guess I just don't see how this game happens as scheduled. I don't know how they'll be able to say with certainty that there won't be any issues with attendance, restrictions, etc. until immediately beforehand. If they're making a final decision in July, I'm guessing it is postponed indefinitely. 

Yes we at delta are doing full refunds but you have to be able to get through to someone. If your ticket was booked before may 1st and your travel is through the end of the year if you don’t show up you get that amount as a credit. Right now any other travel is as normal travel at your own risk but we’ve been very accommodating. 

Had a ton of flights booked for the summer and cancelled them all.

Sun Country: wife called early on despite me telling her to wait. Credit rather than refund. They cancelled the flight so we would have gotten refund had she listened. C'est la vie.

Virgin Atlantic: refund, but I booked with points so not sure what they would do with cash fares.

Delta: refund on international first class fares. Would have been too much credit to spend so thank *redacted*.

American: refund, flying with in laws and said they're high risk due to age was the reason. Based on conversations with friends and some posts on flyertalk.com this isn't the norm. Have a good story and back it up.

Alaska: refund, but again with points.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:23 PM, nodakgirl93 said:

It would just be one if so.

Could one game be HOF game and one game be regular season? Or Is the schedule already full?

I don't think the Ralph could honor all of the tickets sold for Nashville anyway because it's about 5,000 seats smaller.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, brianvf said:

They're just taking wild guesses at this point.

Which would also be what UND would be doing if they decide to go ahead with it.  Don’t know what everyone’s cancellation policies are, but I would guess they should make a decision sooner rather than later.

Okay so thoughts... As much I hate to say it, let's just imagine the game does not happen this year. We don't host the HOF game again until 2022. I'd imagine they'd go rig back to Nashville. Do they cancel all tickets and refund them? Or do they tell us to hold our tickets for two years and everyone who already has tickets keeps them?

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Okay so thoughts... As much I hate to say it, let's just imagine the game does not happen this year. We don't host the HOF game again until 2022. I'd imagine they'd go rig back to Nashville. Do they cancel all tickets and refund them? Or do they tell us to hold our tickets for two years and everyone who already has tickets keeps them?

Ticketmast got into huge trouble for not allowing refunds for canceled events during COVID. They will give the money back 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, northernraider said:

Ticketmast got into huge trouble for not allowing refunds for canceled events during COVID. They will give the money back 

Not if it is postponed and not cancelled