SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Did the article distinguish between charters and commercial flights?  Because there could be lots of financial reasons to take advantage of cancellation policies that might have little or nothing to do with the likelihood of games being played?

No it didn’t but my time working the ramp in grand forks you didn’t see many charters it was usually our boys that charter and it was delta double dipping send the overnight aircraft out as the charter on Thursday and Saturday. 

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

This isn’t good news 

Although it's only mid-May, college hockey teams are already starting to call off nonconference road trips that require airplane flights because of anticipated budget crunches due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The first domino has already fallen. Holy Cross has canceled its two-game series at Arizona State.

It won't be the last.

A source says that Boston College and Northeastern are expecting St. Cloud State to call off its October trip to Boston, where it was scheduled to play one game against each team. St. Cloud State says a final decision on the Boston trip is pending and should be made in about two weeks.

This from Schlossman in the Herald today 

I know it is common knowledge that SCSU is hemorrhaging money, their enrollment has dropped dramatically and they are dropping programs and cutting everywhere.  Plus their hockey team is drawing the way it used to, even two years ago when they were #1 they couldn't fill their arena. 

Email sent to Champions Club:

Update on 2020 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game May 13, 2020.

First and foremost, we hope you are well during this unprecedented and uncertain time. Your health and safety are of utmost importance to all of us associated with the UND Hockey Program, UND Athletics, and Ralph Engelstad Arena. Secondly, we would like to provide an update regarding the 2020 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Nashville, Tennessee. At this point in time, the event in Nashville is absolutely still planned to go ahead as scheduled and there are no changes to the event plan or the event schedule relative to the COVID-19 pandemic . We have a consistent line of communication with our Nashville event contacts and unless otherwise notified, all of our efforts will remain focused on continuing to plan for a fantastic experience in Nashville. We will keep you informed over the course of time with the next event updates scheduled for June 1, 2020 and June 15, 2020. Event updates will also be posted to our event website at www.theralph.com/nashville and our Facebook page. If you have any specific questions about the Nashville event, please email those to me at Nashville@theralph.com. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated as we all work through this challenging situation.

Sincerely,
Jody Hodgson General Manager
Ralph Engelstad Arena

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

5AB9752F-6968-4D79-A06A-57CB58C31CC2.jpeg

Not much of an update.  I was really hoping for more information.  I realize it's a difficult situation.  I have tix for the game and hotel, but haven't purchased airline tix yet. Was waiting to see if the game would take place.  Probably should just purchase the airline tix since they are relatively cheap at this point.  

I too was hoping for a more helpful update. Our group of five has tickets, but none of us has booked flights (all traveling from different cities). I know they REALLY want this game to happen (as do the fans), but to sit back for another month allowing fans to continue booking flights, hotels, etc. seems a little disingenuous. I know of fans who are booked on private flights that are currently non-refundable. How many others may wind up losing money the longer this carries on?

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have gone from 60-40 thinking the game will take place as planned to 25-75 that it won't. The email was word-speak for "we'll let you down later".

You got that too? Good thing my flights were booked before COVID so they are completely refundable. With the new delta policies. 

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have gone from 60-40 thinking the game will take place as planned to 25-75 that it won't. The email was word-speak for "we'll let you down later".

Unfortunately I feel the same. Damn I hope we are wrong 

I'm from Nashville and have family there, so keeping track of the COVID situation very closely. Nashville opened "phase 2" a couple weeks earlier than Minnesota. They have since seen a rise in COVID hospitalizations and holding off on moving to phase 3. No idea what the long term outlook with be at this time. 

30 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I'm from Nashville and have family there, so keeping track of the COVID situation very closely. Nashville opened "phase 2" a couple weeks earlier than Minnesota. They have since seen a rise in COVID hospitalizations and holding off on moving to phase 3. No idea what the long term outlook with be at this time. 

This game and event is TOAST this year - no way they're going to decide half (or MORE) or the ticket holders are cancelled because of social distancing.   WHY would UND fans want to attend a socially distanced even?   It's totally counter to the entire idea of the HOF game. - CANCEL IT this year and plan for 2021

thank you

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

This game and event is TOAST this year - no way they're going to decide half (or MORE) or the ticket holders are cancelled because of social distancing.   WHY would UND fans want to attend a socially distanced even?   It's totally counter to the entire idea of the HOF game. - CANCEL IT this year and plan for 2021

thank you

If you are going to do an event like this, you have to do it right.  Doing a half ass, half capacity, social distancing event would be pretty lame.  Reschedule it for 2021 when you can do it right!

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

thank you

I, unfortunately, agree.