SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

BACKGROUND: FEB 2020 - BOOKED SUN COUNTRY, MSP - BNA, FOR TWO SOULS...

For purpose of review, what are readers/posters doing w/ airline tix bought as non-refundable?

Play chicken w/ the respective airline and hope they cancel flight (which presumably allows one a full cash refund)?

Pull the trigger now with a cancel and hope for a voucher, whose credit will allow one to re-book the Nashville flight for October 2021?

I assume there is a time limit on said voucher, so that is something else to consider.

Please share your experiences or anticipated outcomes w/ other airlines.

...thanks for your consideration in this matter.

16 minutes ago, krustyklown said:

For purpose of review, what are readers/posters doing w/ airline tix bought as non-refundable?

Play chicken w/ the respective airline and hope they cancel flight (which presumably allows one a full cash refund)?

Pull the trigger now with a cancel and hope for a voucher, whose credit will allow one to re-book the Nashville flight for October 2021?

I assume there is a time limit on said voucher, so that is something else to consider.

I cancelled a Delta flight in August and received a voucher that expires in September 2022.

2 hours ago, krustyklown said:

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I cancelled a Delta flight in August and received a voucher that expires in September 2022.

Just called American Airlines.......basically told me to go F myself and my tickets. Their Covid policy is only good for travel up until September 30......no exceptions. Will keep my fingers crossed they extended it.

There's I reason I try to fly Delta if possible. Called Delta prior to American  to change a flight at end of August......no issues whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just called American Airlines.......basically told me to go F myself and my tickets. Their Covid policy is only good for travel up until September 30......no exceptions. Will keep my fingers crossed they extended it.

There's I reason I try to fly Delta if possible. Called Delta prior to American  to change a flight at end of August......no issues whatsoever.

I've gotta think American dies before 2022 unless the Feds save it.

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Southwest did the same for me. I will re-schedule the flight next spring when their fall schedule comes out.

Southwest's standard policy is that you can cancel up to 10 minutes before your flight and use the funds for up to a year from when you purchased the flight. 

Their change is that they are moving out the expiration date to Sept 2022.  That's great for me as I have 2 different flights that I had to cancel with them.

• Upvote 1

With the recent events that have taken place and the game has been postponed until Oct 2021, these are the options right now we have for people that were on our charter planes.

So here is the 3 options available for people right now.

1. We can move your deposit to next year and keep your seat on the charter.  Final payment would not be due until August of 2021.
  2. You have up until 30 days before we leave to find someone to take your place on the charter and then whomever you find, make sure I get the name of the people that are taking your spots and then we can have them give you the money instead of us.   (we can even help find someone to take spot if need be)
  3. If you just don’t want to go next year or can’t go next year for sure or can’t/don’t want to  find anyone to take their seat we will reimburse $400 per person back. That is the if the deposit was just paid.  If you paid the whole balance we will reimburse everything but a $100 per person.

If you have any questions please let me know.  I am trying to communicate by email and phone as it has been busy so if I don’t respond right away I apologize as I am trying to get in contact with everyone that was on this.

Delta’s updated policy. 

Effective July 30:

• We're extending our change-fee waiver to new flights purchased through August 31.

• We're offering the ability to rebook travel for up to two years for customers who purchased flights prior to April 17, 2020, that are pending travel through the end of year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

68 degrees in Nashville right now at 8:30 at night

I would have been there starting today for the the days leading up to the big game Saturday night

fun fun fun

not not not

I was leaving tomorrow morning.  Delta said I could check in this morning.